Chapter 22

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: There's a change in POV's that I didn't indicate; it's Sehun, Yuri, then Sehun. I hope you'll enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, and I'm really sorry for being late on updates. Please comment and upvote :)

 

She just walked away, leaving me dumbstruck in the corridors as students rushed to their assigned classes. My thoughts were in a tumult after the previous night with Minah and Yuri came all of a sudden to spit words of loathing and disgust in my face.

The night before, I had planned to take the video from Minah and go to Yuri, explain to her what was happening and try to find a solution together, but all of it went down the drain when the devil in disguise refused to cooperate and instead pulled me in for an unexpected kiss. She was lucky she was on her crutches or so god help me…

So I wondered, what could have possibly gone wrong? What made Yuri so upset that she didn’t even want to breathe next to me?

I run after her, heading to the same class where we were supposed to pass the exam, and I found her. She was sitting in her seat staring straight ahead with eyes that reflected a lack of soul, the same beautifully warm brown eyes that made me weak to my knees. Her skin was paler than usual; she looked barely alive, like somebody knocked the wind out of her.

 

“Yuri” I said breathlessly as I came close to her. Her left eye twitched and she sighed, clearly annoyed at me hovering over her head. “What did I do? Please say something”

Her reaction was the worst thing I’ve witnessed; she reached out to tap Jiwon’s shoulder talking to him about some calculus formulas, pretending that I wasn’t even there.

Standing there wouldn’t have done any good, so I sat in my place once the surveillance teachers came in, watching her as the fake smile on her face faded once she turned away. I knew I had to wait until the end, even if my blood boiled and I was so immersed thinking about her that I didn’t even pay attention to the papers in front of me and ended screwing almost everything.

Surprisingly, she took all her time during the exam period, despite that she was pretty good in calculus and that exam was a piece of cake for her. I was staring at her the whole time which resulted in getting me several warnings from the teacher.

Once the time was up, she was the first one to take off and I followed quickly after.

“Yuri!” I yelled, making her jog faster to nowhere but the restroom, a place I could not enter. I rested against the wall; she may call me insistent but I wasn’t moving until she came out, that was when Namji stepped out with a confused face.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” she asked, perplexed and probably worried.

“I’d like to know that too” I snapped unwillingly, “can you please check on her?”

Reluctantly, she went back inside and I waited, and that’s when Jongin showed up.

“Why are you standing here?” he gestured to the girls lavatory with knitted eyebrows, confusion displayed on his features.

“I’m waiting for Yuri, she’s not doing very well.”

“What happened?” he asked, a bit too worried, “is she sick?” I looked down, for I didn’t even know what was wrong with my own girlfriend.

“I don’t know; she doesn’t want to talk to me although I did nothing wrong. Namji is inside with her” I said as I tried to recollect events of the past night, looking for any mistakes I made unwillingly.

“We’re talking about girls; you never know what’s on their minds” he said, “Give her some time” Jongin pulled me away and we walked in the hallway, my mind still thinking of her.

 

 

My head was throbbing; my medicines have remained untouched on the nightstand for the past three days, I thanked the lord every time I had black fog surrounding my vision and I didn’t pass out.

I sat in the toilet seat for three minutes, doing nothing but over-thinking, my mind racing and stopping like a broken tape at the moment when he kissed her. I fought the urge to weep for a) I didn’t want to drag attention; b) I knew that crying was going to exhaust me, even if my grandmother always said ‘better out than in’.

I stepped out to find my ‘friend’ standing by the sink, looking at me with a confused expression. Namji was the only person who welcomed me to the school without interrogating or judging me, she was nice and warm, silly and outgoing, which reminded me of Baekhyun. Whenever we spent time together I’d forget about all the agony and sorrow I felt when I remembered how my mother abandoned me or how my stepmother treated me or even how my own father sided with Minah when she was the one who did me wrong. However, the person who yelled in my face calling me terrible names and acting like our friendship was nothing was not the girl that I had met on the first day; the girl who slapped me without hesitation wasn’t Namji who defended me, not the girl that I knew.

 

“Are you… are you okay, Yuri?” she spoke cautiously as she stood next to me while I was washing my face. The fact that she came to ask about me took me of guard for a moment, so I managed a little confused look. In her eyes, there was concern, distress and above all, regret.

“I’m good” I uttered curtly, despite the fact that I wanted to cry on her shoulder and tell her everything that was going on, because that’s what best friends do.

“Sehun is worried about you,” she said reluctantly “he’s waiting outside”

“Let him wait, I do not care” I replied as I took my sweet time in washing my hands that were trembling.

“Are you guys okay? You seem–”

“Okay or not okay that is none of your business” I snapped at her and walked out, mentally ready to avoid Sehun and run past him, but he wasn’t there, which made going to class easier.

 

 

After spending another hour and a half going through English test, I thought that maybe a long walk would do me well before I went home. Just when I was leaving the school, I came across Jongin who was probably waiting for someone.

“What’s up?” I said as we shook hands.

“Nothing much. How was it?” he asked and I shrugged, too tired to tell him that wrote whatever came to my spirit. “You’re going home?”

“Not really, I’m going to take a walk”

“You want to walk together, with me?” he asked tentatively and I couldn’t refuse.

 

We walked around aimlessly until our knees hurt, so we stopped at a nearby café. The place was rather cosy; the walls were painted beige with a maroon strip sweeping the middle, the chairs were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter