03

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

My first two hours of French in that new school were like hell. I had to twist my tongue in every way possible just to be able to form few words, which made me mentally bang my head to the wall. I couldn’t have survived without Chanyeol who, despise the fact that he looked like he just came out of a lolli manga, helped me without being grouchy. I kept in mind that I owe him one.

After that, I had to deal with two hours of math which gave me a terrible headache. I grimaced at some equations on my notebook, staring at them as if my intense gaze could solve them; I actually looked like I was constipated.

 

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class. I sighed heavily as I went to my locker, putting back my textbook, when I suddenly felt a tall figure hovering over me.

With a frown, I turned around, only to find the dobby-eared boy smiling widely at me, which made me wonder if he was on drugs or something …

“Hi there, loner” he said playfully, and I faked a smile.

“Hi, thanks for the help in French class” I said robotically

“No problem” he replied and slung an arm around my shoulders, taking me by surprise, “let’s go get some launch” he pulled me along, not noticing the annoyed expression on my face. I was about to yank his arm away and throw a bucket of colorful profanities at his face for making himself comfortable with me, but he did the same to another girl on his way, and she actually grinned at him.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, what took you so long?” she whined, putting on a childish face.

“I had to drag my new friend along, and that’s Chanyeol-oppa to you” he flicked her nose and she pouted cutely.

“Aish, stop it!” she said, “You sound like me when I talk to Sehun”. She abruptly stopped walking and stretched her hand in front of me, “I’m Namji by the way” she bowed her head lightly and I reluctantly shook her hand “Yuri.” I simply said, and she smiled and said it was nice meeting me, ignoring my poker face.

The three of us went to the cafeteria which was crowded and it made me sulk. The place was large enough to contain all students, but as I could see, there was practically no table left, until I was dragged by the giant male next to me.

 

 

“So tell me Yuri, what brings you to this school?” the girl, whose name was Namji, asked as she sipped her chocolate milk.

“Well” I started, “my father got a job here, so I had to move out” I simply lied. I wondered how they would react if they knew that I kicked the living daylights out of some brat, got expelled as a consequence, and I had to live with my father who was married to some witch after he had a divorce with my mother. Cool story.

“Which school you used to go to?” she asked again

“Ghandi” Chnayeol answered instead of me, and I found myself frowning hard at him.

“How did you know?”

“You were the one who scored most of the goals in the Junior finals last year. I remember how YG high stayed wide-eyed. It was epic” he pretended to wipe a non-existent tear. That game was unforgettable. We won 6

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter