Chapter 19

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: So sorry for the long wait; y'all have the right to be mad with me, but i've busy with exams, like usual. This story will end in five chapters, more or less, so please don't be disappointed... Happy new year to all of you and I hope this 2015 will be a better year for everyone! Thischapter is told from Sehun's point of view.Enoy your reading :3~

 

Thursday morning was bustling with activities, I had to ditch all my classes for practice; the finals were this Friday and we were facing the YG kids.

When the break came, I hurried to the cafeteria where I could meet the squad, including Yuri.

Since what happened the previous night she would talk little to me, her words low like she wasn’t brave enough to say the simplest thing.

 

Reaching the table, I spotted her giggling at some idiocy Chanyeol said, but the moment her eyes met mine, she blushed a deep color of red. I took a seat next to her and noticed that she was avoiding my eyes as much as possible. That delicious shade of ruby was enough to make me lean forward and kiss her cheek, earning cheers from the rest of the gang. Her smile broadened and thought that maybe we could use some time alone.

Taking her by surprise, I clasped my fingers around her hand and dragged her away from the table, leaving everyone bemused at our sudden departure.

 

As it was time for lunch, the hallways were rather deserted as there was nobody there when we went up to the second floor.

“Sehun, where are we going—”

I spun her around and crushed my lips on hers, sensing her body go rigid in my hold before it relaxed and her lips responded with the same ardor. Memories from the previous night flashed in the back of my head like a broken record and it was more than necessary to fuel my urge to give and take more. Once I felt that we both needed oxygen, I released her as I pulled my lips away from hers, my breath matching her erratic one.

 

“Why… are you avoiding me?” she didn’t answer to my question and only blushed more, if it was even possible. So I confronted her about if it was because of our passionate love-making session, and she buried her head in my chest, her arms wrapping around my waist as I held her, running my fingers through her hair and kissing the top of her head.

“Does it still hurt?” she nodded her head with an almost mute “only a little”.

 

“I love you, Sehun”.

 

 

The additional math hours were done before four and I was already standing by the gate, waiting for my girlfriend to show up, but she was unusually late. After few more minutes, I decided to give her a call, but my attention was focused on the female voices that were barking nearby. Stepping closer, I saw my cousin violently pushing Yuri and the later stumbled back and nearly fell.

 

“What the …” I got closer and I could clearly hear the incoherent sobs of Namji who cursed at Yuri.

 

“Namji please tell me what happened” Yuri’s voice was pleading before she got shoved back again, Namji ing her hands hysterically in the air “You’ve ruined e-everything!”

The shorter girl was going ballistic and the taller female approached her to calm her down, only to get slapped hard across the face, the sound ringing clear in the air, making everything sound silent in comparison.

Walking over to the battlefield, I stood between the two girls before anything worse could happen, although it was pretty bad already.

 

“What’s going on here?” I demanded with a sharp voice as I looked from Namji tear-stricken face to Yuri’s vacant one, her hand still cupping her cheek that was a vivid color.

The livid female stomped away, hair flying wildly behind her as she wept, while Yuri stood frozen, gaze trailing the footsteps of her retreating ‘friend’.

The moment I asked what happened for the second time, tears streamed down her cheeks and I was holding her in an instant.

“I don’t—know what has gotten into her, s-she just went rowdy on me!” she managed to say in between sobs while hugging me tighter, and I couldn’t help but wonder where did strong Yuri go? She was absolutely going from the tough girl I met the first day, to a vulnerable one. And believe me, I wanted nothing but to protect her, especially since we got emotionally and physically close.

Keeping a protective arm around her, we took the bus home, her resting her head against my shoulder, me wondering what had happened that caused Namji’s feral behavior.

 

The summaries that Kyungsoo lent me proved to be highly useful as I spent only little time in memorizing the main equations of physics and chemistry. Rob was playing on the carpeted floor, toying with a rubber ball and throwing it around.

After having dinner with the family, I retreated to the balcony where I could make a quick call; Yuri didn’t seem to be okay after what happened, and I would’ve stayed the night with her if she hadn’t told me that her father was bringing her grandmother along. It was weird though how could her father be close to her granny from her mother’s side rather than her own mother, according to what she had said.

 

Before I could dial the number, the phone vibrated in my hand, signaling an incoming call. I contemplated hanging on the caller but I answered anyway.

“Yeah?”

“What a curt way to answer your phone” Minah’s voice was laced with sarcasm and I huffed inwardly.

“Make it quick, Minah, I have things to do” wow, I was rather rude, considering she just had a surgery.

She laughed mockingly “Alright, alright, just ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter