04

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuri’s pov:

Chocolate brown eyes were locked to dark russet ones. His face was so close to mine and his breath was fanning my nose. If we were in a place different than this empty sidewalk, we would definitely be misunderstood.

The male’s gaze was so intense, making my heart thump faster, not from his catching features, but because I was so goddamn worried that he’d do something.

“Stupid. You’re so stupid”

It was the first time I was really scared of a guy, so scared that I gathered some oxygen in my lungs and intended to let out a sharp scream, but that guy pressed his palm on my mouth.

“Make a peep and I’ll you” he uttered and my eyes consequently widened, but this time it wasn’t fear, it was actually fury and anger.

me? You wish. My leg flew upwards and the next thing I knew he was holding his crotch, writhing in pain on the ground.

“Who’s stupid now?” I shouted in his face and kicked him in the ribs. He groaned and muttered curses under his breath. “See you later, punk”

 

Turning my back to him, I walked confidently, holding my chin high until I turned around the corner. Once I was out of his view, I scurried as fast as could. I ran all the way back home, sweating like a pig.

The first thing I did was recharge my phone’s battery, then I changed my clothes and went down to the kitchen. The maid saw me and greeted me with a warm smile “How was your day Yuri-ssi?” she asked while she prepared some fresh lemon juice.

“Not bad, I guess. Just call me Yuri” I replied and sat on a kitchen stool, watching her as she made some snacks.

“Alright. Here you go” the kind woman placed a tray of cheese and ham mini-sandwiches in front of me, with a glass of fresh lemon juice.

“Thank you.” I said and picked the tray and the glass, then went back to my room where I enjoyed my food.

 

Few minutes later, my phone buzzed, cutting me from watching ‘The heirs’. It was none other than my favorite, eye-lined best friend.

“Hiiiii”

“Why hello there, stranger” his high pitched voice ringed in my ear, and I felt like crying. “I miss you, cute cub”

“I miss you too, and don’t call me that”. He chuckled, and I could hear the loud barking of Rob, a grey husky we shared.

“So, how’s the new life?”

I sighed heavily “like horse , and I’m just getting started”

“Oh, that doesn’t sound nice, tell me what’s going on”

“Well, the snake woman hasn’t changed, her dumb daughter is still … dumb, and in fact she got dumber, I almost got humiliated in French class, got a headache in math class, and got threatened by a third-class hooker in English class.” I said in one breath.

 

“Well, that . I mean, none of that would’ve happened if you just tried to convince your mother of staying.”

“I’m seriously thinking of going back to China”

“Hey! What about me? Who’s going to take my favorite dongsaeng’s place?” he whined, making me smile at his silliness.

“It’s just a thought. Oh! I almost forgot, on top of all the I told you, some punk harassed me this afternoon” I stated, wide-eyed, as I remembered the not-so-lovely situation earlier that day.

“WHAT?” Baekhyun gasped, “Who’s that er? I’ll teach him how to lay his mothering paws on my sis. Did he hit you? Did he touch you somewhere? Tell me! Seoul is not that far. I’ll find that kid, and I’ll kill him, right after I cut his balls off, if he has any, that is. What’s his name? Where-..”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter