Chapter 6

Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!

Chapter 6!          Ambush

 

Groaning in annoyance, he turned to his side, pulling his blanket over his head as the noisy entrance of s told him they were back to disturb him from his beauty sleep. Just as he predicted, he felt someone poking him.

 

Hyung… hyung, you should get up now…

 

Growling in frustration, he ignored the plea and moved the pillow from under him to over his head.

 

Hyung…

 

Doojoon-ah, don’t make it hard for the maknae.

 

Aish! Why can’t you guys just let me sleep! OUCH!” Doojoon suddenly sat up, banging his head on the ceiling, totally forgetting that he was on the upper bunk. “Aish… Now, I’m really awake…” he mumbled, rubbing the top of his head while getting off the bed.

 

The members desperately held in their laughter until Doojoon disappeared into the bathroom. Even so, their outburst of laughter reached him in the bathroom.

 

You know, you guys should appreciate what I do for you… I’m always the first to wake up to make sure all of us get to our schedules on time…” Doojoon said, stepping out of the bathroom.

 

Gomawo, hyung. But since we’re this cruise, we should make full use of our time on here!

 

But seriously, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of things we can do here…

 

Well… at least we can go out on the open deck. It beats staying in the room. If we don’t go out and see the sea then this place would just be an expensive hotel!

 

Arasso. Let’s go up then.

 

--------------------

 

Watching the captains do their work through the glass panels, she smiled. Nowadays, not much manpower was required to drive the boat, as most of it was machine-operated. Even so, she enjoyed watching the captains interact, and even try to figure what the things on the screens she could see mean.

 

Standing there for a while, Nicolette decided to head up to the top deck. Her mother and grandmother were taking a walk around the lobby, whereas she had wanted to wander around by herself.

 

Pushing the thick wooden door open, she stood at the doorway for a moment, enjoying the feel of the wind rushing past her. Stepping out, she made her way to the front of the ship, only to stop midway.

 

Oh my gosh! They’re here again!!

 

--------------------

 

That feeling came back to me again as we watched the sea. She’s here.

 

Casually turning around, I easily spotted her out of the corner of my eye. She was watching us again, keeping her distance. Suddenly, she turned, as I felt my dongsaeng beside me became more excited.

 

You saw her too?” I asked quietly, careful to make sure the rest does not know.

 

Hyung, you saw her already?

 

I nodded in reply.

 

Should we tell the others?

 

Ne. But let’s do it discreetly, you know what happened the last time when I announced it… we don’t want her to know that we know she’s here.

 

He agreed, and we began to slowly pass on the message, telling the person next to us till everyone knew she was here.

 

--------------------

 

So everyone knows she’s here?” Doojoon asked, taking charge. “So what do you all want to do? We can- Yah! Hyunseung! Are you listening?

 

Hyunseung was facing the sea, as if ignoring the current discussion. Without turning around, he replied, “Yes, I am. But if you’re going to gather and have a serious discussion don’t you think she might catch on. She’s watching you know.

 

Oh. Good point.

 

The other members started to pretend to be joking around, but all the while, they discussed how to ambush the girl, knowing that she would run off if they did a direct approach.

 

--------------------

 

Nicolette enjoyed the wind, still trying to be discreet in watching them. Have they noticed her? It seemed not. They were still joking around, enjoying themselves. She leaned against the railing, sighing in contentment.

 

She suddenly stiffened, unsure of what to do, as she saw two of the members separated from the group. Should she follow? Or not? It seemed like they did not see her, just like the rest, as they continued joking around as they walk at the opposite side of the cruise. But ultimately, watching the remaining four outweighed trailing two, she decided, as the two guys disappeared from view.

 

Well, that was until another guy separated from the big group.

 

Now what? Why do they keep splitting up like this… I thought they always stick together… Shoot. Obviously it would be a waste to only follow one… but if the rest scatters as well… guess if that happens, it might just be better to head back to my room.

 

Nicolette cautiously watched as the male casually strode out of her view, before turning her attention back to the guys still in her field of vision. They were playing around, laughing, one messing up the other’s already messy hair. A smile formed on her lips as she watched them, but somehow, something seemed to be bothering her. Before she could even clear the forming suspicions from her troubled mind, she saw one of the remaining three guys turn, almost immediately spotting her.

 

!

 

Her eyes widened in alarm as the excited boy promptly informed his two companions of her existence. The sudden excitement could easily be smelled in the air, as the boys faces lit up, not much unlike a puppy which had finally found its favourite toy. As they started to make their way towards her, Nicolette just stood there frozen for a moment, suddenly unable to think at the sudden turn of events.

 

Snapping out of it quickly, she turned and tried to walk as calmly yet as swiftly as she could. Risking a glance over her shoulder, she was half surprised to find the boys still a distance away, taking their time to stroll in her direction. There was something about the way they smiled that fueled the anxiety within her. Her pace picked up as she passed the wooden doors, wanting to escape in a different route this time.

 

Just as she turned past the corner to the café on the top deck, she halted in her tracks, her eyes widening as her brain quickly tried to process another route. In front of her, at the nearest table, the first two guys who walked off got up from their seats, the look in their eyes like predators who had found their prey.

 

She cursed under her breath, finding herself trapped between these two groups of guys. Looking back, she located her only chance of escape. Seeing the first group of guys still taking their time, she ran back to the wooden doors, praying desperately that she would make it in time and no one will catch her. But even as she ran, something kept bothering her, a sinking feeling that something was wrong. Really wrong.

 

Her mind struggled to work, to figure what the nagging thought was, as her hand stretched out to reach the handle of the wooden door.

 

Three guys spotted me and headed towards me…

 

The moment her fingers curled around the handle, she pressed it down and pulled with all her energy, opening the door to her freedom.

 

Two guys were sitting at the café, blocking my escape…

 

In her hurry to run through the doorway, her foot caught the ledge, and she found herself falling. She desperately tried to balance herself, but the inertia was not easy to stop.

 

Three plus two equals five…

 

Unable to prevent herself from falling, Nicolette gave up. Closing her eyes tightly, she braced herself for the impact. Even as she did so, the last pieces of the puzzle came together in her mind.

 

There should be one more to make it-

 

Instead of entering the cold welcome of the carpeted floor, she crashed into a tall solid wall. Instantly, she felt warm arms wrap themselves around her.

 

Six. .

 


sorry for always taking next to forever to update... okay, its not that bad, about a week?

 

anyways, you want good news? or bad?

goodnews: my main teacher came back, and i'm taking care of the other half class with my friend, so now i'm focusing on only like 8 boys? so work should be slacker now.. =)

badnews: i'm now taking part in a musical production (backstage xP) so yah... more time will be taken up, and ya.. guess you can guess what i'm gonna say about updates... sorry.. >.<

 

okay, so any guesses for the 6th guy?? ^-^