Chapter 5

Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!

Chapter 5!          Good Morning World

 

She was running. Running, as fast as she can. Running away from the guys chasing her, trying to catch her. She still had a head start, but she knew the guys were catching up with every second.

 

Down the stairs. She was going down the stairs as fast as she can. Just a little more. Just a little more, and she’ll be safe. Just when she thought her hiding place was in reach, a hand stretched out to grab hers, pulling her back, the other arm wrapped tightly around her waist, preventing her from running away again. Struggling was futile. Finally giving in, she looked up, to see…

 

Nicolette eyes fluttered open, staring at the ceiling. Her heart was racing a hundred miles an hour. She was being chased all over again, by BEAST. But this time she got caught. By who, she doesn’t know. She could not see his face.

 

“This seriously cannot be happening to me.” She muttered, yawning as she stretched in her bed. She took the extra bed while her mother and grandmother shared the queen-sized bed.

 

Sitting up in her bed, Nicolette knew it was still super early, as she could see the sky and sea through the glass doors to the balcony, and they were still as dark as night. Checking the time on her watch, she found it was slightly past 6am. She had reached the room at almost one last night… meaning she had only less than five hours of fitful sleep.

 

Sighing, Nicolette got out of her bed, careful to be as quiet as she can to avoid waking her mother, who was a light sleeper. She decided to go to the top deck to watch the sunrise since it was so early. After washing up, she left a note, and quietly left the room.

 

--------------------

 

Sleepily blinking his eyes open, the first thing that greeted him was the wall. Groaning slightly while stretching, he laid on his back staring at the ceiling. Wait, the ceiling? Dongwoon’s bed is supposed to be on top on mine. Turning to his right again, he stared at the grey wall. Kikwang’s supposed to be sleeping to my right... oh! Suddenly, it hit him where he currently was.

 

Silently laughing at himself for being such a babo, he carefully climbed out of bed and went to wash up and change. Checking to see the time, he realized it was only barely past six in the morning.Wow… that’s really early… I wonder if the sun has risen yet. He decided to go up and check. Should I write them a note or wake someone up? While he was pondering, he noticed the maknae stirring.

 

Going over to his bed, he softly prodded the maknae. “Yah, Dongwoon, I’ll be going up to the top deck, arasso?

 

Dongwoon just sat up in his bed, his eyes still tightly shut, mumbling something indiscernible in acknowledgement.

 

Aish… he probably can’t remember what I said… I shall just write a note.Leaving a note behind, he made his way to the top open deck. Taking the nearest lift to their room, which was the middle lifts with the glass door, he was surprised to find this lift went straight to the top. Enjoying the view through the polished glass, he sighed, his breath condensing on the glass. Nothing was stirring out here at this time…

 

Pushing the thick glass doors, the wind threatened to push him back into the room he just stepped out from. The wet slippery floor did not help either. Did it just rained last night? Or did they wash the floor? Shrugging to himself, he made his way to the bow of the ship. Everywhere around the ship was still dark, except for some lights on the sea and in the horizon. It was so dark the stars could be seen so clearly in the night sky. Climbing up the stairs to the raised platform at the bow of the ship, he was surprised to see someone already there. His eyes widened as he finally realized who the now familiar figure was.

 

She was standing right in the middle of the ship, leaning on the railings, her head on her arms. Should I approach her? Or not… maybe I should leave her alone until she notices me… standing a distance away, he looked out to the open sea, occasionally glancing at the girl. Realizing the girl was totally oblivious to his presence, he slowly approached the girl until he was standing beside her. Wait! Is she crying? Oh no… should I say something?

 

--------------------

 

Nicolette stood at the bow of the ship, alone, enjoying the silence. The ship was in deeper waters now, the nearest coastline at the horizon, the lights forming a thin line there. Other than a few lights that were scattered across the sea, there was absolute darkness everywhere else.

 

Resting her head on her arms, which were placed in the railings, she sighed in contentment, waiting patiently for the sky to lighten. The wind blew her short black hair back, but at the same time, caused her sleepy eyes to water. Ignoring the tears that were forming, she was still enjoying the wind and the view, the ships’ lights like twinkling stars on the black blanket of the sea. This simple pleasure washed off all her anxiety and tiredness, replacing it with pure contentment.

 

So engrossed was she in this enjoyment, she did not notice someone walking up to the area, until he came to stand beside her. She turned, her eyes widening as the guy’s face came into view. Muffling a surprised squeak, Nicolette quickly moved away.

 

Groaning inwardly, he just stood there, knowing if he approached her anymore, she would probably run. He looked away, towards the sea, trying to not pressure her anymore. After a while, he carefully glanced back, to see her attention back on the horizon again. Sighing in relief, he did the same as her, deciding to just enjoy this moment, as the sky began to lighten.

 

--------------------

 

Sitting up in bed, he groggily scratched his head, before heading for the bathroom. His tired eyes missed the slight fluttering in front of him as he went and washed his face. More alert now, he went back to check the status of the other members, to find an empty bed.

 

Eh? Where’s Hyunseung?” he asked, poking his head into the other room to check if he’s there. Everyone else was still asleep, except for the maknae who was all dressed.

 

Junhyung hyung, I think he went up. To the deck. He should have left a note… I’m going up as well.” Dongwoon replied, grabbing his card key and slippers.

 

A note… I didn’t see that… unless… Junhyung suddenly burst into the bathroom, staring at the sink. Cursing himself silently, he carefully picked up the now soaked note from Hyunseung.

 

Aish!

 

--------------------

 

Keke… Hyung probably just washed down the note without even noticing it! Dongwoon giggled to himself, as the glass lift brought him to the highest floor. Walking to the front of the ship, his steps hurried as he realized the sky was beginning to lighten.

 

Walking up the steps, he spotted his hyung immediately.

 

Hyung- … oh!” he suddenly stopped, seeing two heads turn his direction, his mouth still opened in a small O shape.

 

Nicolette’s grip on the railing tightened, as she fought the threatening mind-blindness at the sight of yet another BEAST member. Sensing the tension radiating from Nicolette, Hyunseung quickly turned to Dongwoon.

 

Yah! Close your mouth babo! And quit staring! You’re making her nervous…

 

Dongwoon immediately shut his mouth. Lifting his hands in the air in mock surrender and making an innocent face, he slowly walked nearer to join Hyunseung. Nicolette’s face blushed slightly and she quickly looked away.

 

The three of them just stood there. Not trying to break the mutual, unspoken agreement they had, each holding their own ground. Together, they watched the black sky lighten, with hues of salmon pink and orange, greeting the new day as it made its silent yet grand entrance.

 

--------------------

 

Doojoon… you should seriously get up now…” Junhyung said, prodding at the leader.

 

Wae! There’s no schedule! Just let me sleep!” he protested, his voice muffled as he had buried his face into the pillow. “Aish... usually you guys won’t get up either when I’m trying to wake you…

 

Oh fine. We’re going up okay? We’ll come fetch you for breakfast then.” Kikwang said, finally dressed finish.

 

The guys walked out of the room, leaving their hyung still sleeping in his bed, Yoseob blindly following the other two, still not fully awake.

 

The three guys finally made their way to the front of the ship, the sky already a light blue, and it was slightly cloudy overhead. The sound of these three guys reached those on the platform even before they were seen.

 

Yah, you guys are finally up!” Hyunseung said.

 

Doojoon’s still sleeping though! And Seobie here is sleepwalking!” Kikwang laughed.

 

Hyung… she’s gone…” Dongwoon suddenly said, pouting slightly.

 

Who’s gone?” Junhyung asked.

 

The stalker fan. She was here earlier. And we watched the sunrise together.

 

The fan? She was here? Wah… I want to watch the sunrise with her too!” Yoseob whined, finally waking up fully from his slumber at the mention of BEAUTIES.

 

Well, you should have gotten up earlier then!” they laughed at him.

 

Yah, let’s go for breakfast!

 

--------------------

 

Nicolette finally reached her room, her face flushed from the morning experience with BEAST.

 

Oh, you’re back. Where did you go?” her grandmother asked, as she entered the room.

 

I went up to watch the sunrise.” She smiled, looking around, to find her mother sitting at the balcony sipping her coffee.

 

“Want to go for breakfast now?”

 

--------------------

 

Stepping into Bella Vista brought a wave of memories back to Nicolette. When she was younger, she and her siblings loved this restaurant the most. It was decked to be like a high class English restaurant and even had a live pianist to provide beautiful background music. But what she had loved best about this place was the location. It was right at the back of the ship, just above the engine room. The wall at the far end of the dining area was totally made of glass panels. Sitting at the tables there, one had a clear view of the sea, and the propellers churning out water, pushing the ship along.

 

Though this was an English restaurant, it usually provides a Chinese alternative as well, which was what her table chose.

 

As her table only had four people, their location was around the middle of the dining area. While waiting for their breakfast to be served, some voices caused her to look up. Spotting the owners quickly, she wondered why their leader was not with them as they walked past her to their table.

 

--------------------

 

Oh wow! This feels so high class!

 

Yah! There’s live music!

 

Oh! Are we going to sit near the glass! I wanna see the sea!

 

This restaurant is so cool!

 

With similar exclamations, BEAST, minus Doojoon who was still sleeping, made their way to their table near the glass panels.

 


i'm really really sorry for taking so long to update... work came crashing down on me... my main teacher went on attachment, so i'm left in charge. with lack of manpower. 3 people to 41 boys. and thing is, because the class is kinda split, the other two teachers don't really know how i handle my 24 boys so its harder for them to help me out. so usually i'm handling 24 boys plus making sure all 41 are behaving themselves... hence i'm too tired to write once i come home... this will last for another week then my main teacher will be back...

 

and i'm sorry if this chapter's boring... >.<

 

recently went and watch B2ST MTV again... keke.. the boys are cute! ^-^ anyways, the order they woke up here is kinda based on the sequence of who woke up in one ep in b2st mtv. xD

 

anyways, just want to leave you with a video to help last the long wait... lol.. actually, was really surprised to find that beast had actually already recorded I LIKE YOU THE BEST even before their debut!!! but it was only released recently in the 4th album!! O_O