Chapter 14

Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!

Chapter 14!          Prank Calls

 

Just as the BEAST members were getting anxious about their maknae due to the overly long silence on the other side of the door, the ringing of the doorbell interrupted their world. It was soon followed by polite knockings on their door.

 

Ah, I told you Dongwoon’s okay! He came back after all!” The guys laughed, ignoring the knocks and the ringing of the doorbell.

 

The sounds stopped again soon enough, and the guys continued with their game. Just then, the phone rang. Startled, the boys stared at each other, unsure of what to do.

 

Hyung, just pick it up!

 

Err… Yoboseyo?” Doojoon said awkwardly.

 

Yah, hyung! Answer in English!” the other guys whispered.

 

Aish! You should have answered it then!” he hissed back at them, covering the mouthpiece.

 

“Good afternoon sir. I’m calling about the room service you had requested. When I dropped by earlier there was no response. Would you please open the door when I come back again? Thank you sir, and have a nice day.” With that, the female voice on the line cut off.

 

Yah…” Doojoon said into the line. Oh great, what did she just say?

 

Hyung, so what was the call about?

 

I… I don’t know… But I think she was the one who knocked on the door earlier…

 

Who’s she?

 

How can you not know when you answered the call!

 

The members bombarded their leaders with questions. He was saved as the doorbell rang again. They stared at the wooden door, all hesitating to answer it, nudging each other to make the first move. The ringing stopped, glancing at each other, they rushed for the door, opening it to see an empty hallway.

 

Aish! Now what?

 

We wait for the call again. Yoseob, you’re answering this time!

 

Wae? I don’t want to, what if she’s scary?

 

Dongwoon’s not here so you have to answer the call!

 

At that moment the phone rang again. Feeling the stares from the other guys, Yoseob slowly reached for the phone.

 

Yobose- err, hello?”

 

--------------------

 

“It’s Yoseob!” Nicolette whispered to Dongwoon, trying hard not to giggle. Dongwoon covered his mouth in an attempt to muff his laughter. Composing herself and putting on a fake, polite voice, Nicolette continued.

 

“Good afternoon sir. I’m calling again about the room service you had requested. There was still no response when I went to your room. Would you please open the door this time? Thank you sir, and have a n-”

 

“Y- Yah! Wait!”

 

“Yes sir? Is there a problem?” Nicolette fought hard to stay composed at the sound of the nervousness and surprise in Yoseob’s voice.

 

“Err… Yes… yes there is. Err… I don’t think we called for room service? I… I th- think you made a mistake.”

 

“We have an order here for a full roasted chicken with more side orders, Chinese herbal soup, rice for six people, and two bottles of champagne by a Mr Son Dongwoon from room 9575. Is there a problem with that sir?” Nicolette replied on the ball, giving Dongwoon a shove as his laughter exploded from what she said.

 

Falling on the floor beside the bed, Dongwoon sat there, burrying his head into the sheets, letting it muffle his laughter as Nicolette wrapped up the call.

 

“Yah! You almost gave the game away! What if he had heard you laughing?” Nicolette’s annoyed voice reached Dongwoon’s ears.

 

Looking up, he relaxed as he saw Nicolette’s grinning face.

 

“Come on, let’s go say hi to them now.”

 

--------------------

 

Yoseob turned to look at the members, their faces filled with curiosity.

 

She said Dongwoon called for room service, and ordered a lot of food… She’ll be coming here with the orders again soon.” Yoseob said listlessly, still stunned by what he had heard, his mind still trying to process the information.

 

EH?” came the stunned reply.

 

Before long, the bell rang. Hesitating for a moment, Doojoon took the lead to approach the door, the rest of the members behind him. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door a little, the chain still preventing the door from opening fully. The opening was just enough for him to see through, and the sight before him startled him.

 

Annyong!” the cheerful face greeted.

 

Omo- OUCH!” Doojoon almost cursed as he suddenly took a step back, knocking his head on the wall behind.

 

Hyung! Are you okay?

 

What happened?

 

Who was that?

 

Similar questions washed over Doojoon. Hissing in pain and frustration, he rubbed the back of his head while removing the chain from the door. The door swung open to reveal a smiling Nicolette acting cute, a grinning Dongwoon standing behind her.

 

Omo! It’s the princess!

 

So cute!

 

What’s she doing here?

 

Why is Dongwoon with her?

 

Questions flooded out of the members’ mouth as they stared at the totally unexpected person in front of them. The wide grin still plastered on his face, Dongwoon pushed the other members away from the door, inviting Nicolette in.

 

“Noona, come in for a while.”

 

What?! Noona? Since when were they so close?!

 

Nicolette wanted to decline the invitation, but the curious, questioning looks from the members pulled her in. Passing by Doojoon, she saw him still rubbing his head.

 

“Doojoon ar-” she paused as he gave her a look. “Doojoon oppa, are you okay?” She asked, aware of the looks the other members were giving her as she said that.

 

“Now I am. Thanks.” Doojoon smiled as he patted her head.

 

Led into the room, Nicolette sat on the edge of the bed, the other members settling themselves around. Dongwoon smiled smugly the whole time as he explained what had happened every since he was locked out of the rooms.

 

… and then we took a picture together! I took the picture, with her leaning on me, my other hand around her waist, the sea as the background! You guys should see the picture! You’ll be so jealous!” Dongwoon finished, smirking at his hyungs’ faces filled with envy.

 

Well, I have a picture with her too! And I spent more time with her than you did!” Doojoon shot back.

 

Only one picture? I have two pictures of us in her phone! That’s twice yours!” Kikwang added smugly.

 

So what?  I have two pictures too! And I was the first to be in her phone! Beat that!” Junhyung replied, wearing his infamous smirk proudly.

 

Geez, you guys are comparing numbers that can be easily counted. I have so many pictures with her it would take you a while to look through all! We camwhored together! And what’s more, I have a picture of her in my phone too! No one can trash me!” Yoseob announced, his eyes shining triumphantly.

 

What? I want her picture too!

 

Yah! Don’t be so smug! It’s not the quantity but the quality that counts!

 

Yah, I was the first one. The FIRST one! It’s not something that can be replaced! We can always take more pictures if we want!

 

The members continued bickering over who was better while Nicolette and Hyunseung just looked on. Giggles and muffled laughter soon ended their strife, bringing their attention back to the girl sitting on the bed

 

“Watching you all fighting over small things like kids is so hilarious!” Nicolette gasped, a tear escaping from her eyes as she clutched her aching side, breathless from laughing.

 

Hearing her laughter, they realized the silliness of their actions, and soon, her contagious laughter caught onto them. When they had all finally calmed down, Nicolette got up.

 

“I think it’s about time I went back. I’m not supposed to stay here for long.”

 

Saying their goodbyes, they walked her out of the room, and Nicolette made her way back to her room.

 

When BEAST closed the door to their room, Kikwang suddenly remembered something.

 

Yah, guys! Whatever happened to the weird person bringing our dinner? Isn’t she coming anymore? I'm hungry.” he asked innocently.

 

The members burst out laughing once more, leaving Kikwang even more puzzled.

 


kekeke... ^-^ had fun writing this! hope you had fun reading this too! xD always prank called when i was younger and was staying in hotels with my siblings and cousins. the first time was hilarious! after that it was a competition to see who can come up with the most ridiculous things while keeping a straight face! LOL.

ah, i'm trying to learn Korean from an online site now... but i can't seem to get the pronounciation right... >.< oh wells, at least it's fun learning! =) [ok, that was totally random ;P]