Chapter 16

Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!

Chapter 16!          Reality Or Fantasy

 

Slipping out of the door, she clutched her laptop carefully, closing the door behind her. Nicolette slowly made her way till she reached her destination, the long deck chair sitting on the deck on the 7th floor. Getting comfortable on the chair, she switched on her laptop, leaning back on the chair as she waited for it to load.

 

She had came here instead of staying in her room, as she knew her grandmother would not sleep if she knew she was not going to sleep as of yet. But how could she sleep now? She had promised her readers that she would finish this before the cruise end and they were docking the next morning already.

 

All these just because I met some unexpected people on this trip. So much for a peaceful, slightly boring cruise…

 

Pushing the thoughts from her head, she focused her mind on the screen in front of her, her fingers moving furiously.

 

--------------------

 

Pushing open the glass doors, they stepped out, sticking as a group together. The group strolled along the open area of the 7th deck, no conversation flowed within them, a comfortable silence enveloping them as each member got lost in their own thoughts.

 

They had came here instead of walking at the top deck, as the light drizzle had turned to a heavy rainfall again, deterring them from walking at their now favourite spot. But still, how could they sleep now? It was their last night here, once they awoken they would soon have to return to their normal lives, to their busy schedules.

 

This experience really changed our definition of a peaceful, relaxing holiday on a cruise. All because we met an unexpected person that brought so much fun into our lives…

 

Still trapped in their thoughts, they were almost unaware of the presence of another on the same deck as them.

 

--------------------

 

Junhyung sighed, breaking his unfocused gaze on the floor in front of him as he stretched. Glancing around, he suddenly realized the figure sitting on the chair a stone throw away was someone they knew.

 

Yah guys.” He called.

 

Hmm?” The members turned towards him, the fog clearing from their eyes, showing how each was so engrossed in their thoughts.

 

Princess.” Junhyung said simply, pointing in the girl’s direction.

 

Watching the slow change in reaction reflecting on each guy’s face, one could tell it took time for the word to sink into their mind. They all looked at the girl, just quietly sitting there, typing away at her laptop.

 

Let’s go surprise her!” Doojoon suggested, creeping up behind Nicolette with Dongwoon, while the rest stood back and watched.

 

The duo stood behind her, pausing. The rest watched, curious.

 

Why are they taking so long? They’re just staring at her screen.

 

Let’s go see what’s so interesting.

 

--------------------

 

“Oppa/ ~~~ah, I missed you. Saranghae.” We whispered at the same time. Reluctantly, we pulled slightly apart. Gazing into each other’s eyes seemed like the most natural thing to do. I could see how much he had missed me, longed for me, love me. And I’m sure he can see the same in mine. Our eyes drew us closer together, before we closed them simultaneously and-

 

Nicolette slammed shut her laptop, suddenly sitting up. Immediately, a commotion surrounded her. Looking around, she realised she was surrounded by six familiar boys, one on the floor, surprised from her sudden actions.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Nicolette exclaimed incredulously.

 

“Walking.” Yoseob replied. “What are you writing? Can we read it?”

 

“It’s about us?” Doojoon asked. “I saw BEAST written there!”

 

I couldn’t understand anything… too many words…” Kikwang muttered.

 

“… I could see how much he missed me, longed for me, love me. And I’m sure he can see the same in mine. Our eyes drew us closer together, befo-”

 

“DONGWOON!” Nicolette would have covered his mouth if she could.

 

“Omo… it’s a love story?” Yoseob asked, getting more excited by the minute.

 

Nicolette blushed as the guys stood around her, pleading with their eyes to take a look at what she had written. She felt her whole body heated up with all the focused attention. Staring at her laptop, she finally chose to answer them.

 

“O… Okay. You can read it.” Nicolette paused as the guys started chatting happily. “BUT! But, let me write finish it first.”

 

Nicolette watched as the guys agreed, settling down into the position they were currently in.

 

“I… I need to write it finish. But not with you guys watching. I can’t write with you watching me.”

 

“Oh…” slightly downcast, the guys slowly walked away to the railings.

 

Palming her face, Nicolette tried to bring her thoughts back to the screen in front of her.

 

--------------------

 

“Erm… I’m… I’m done.” Nicolette almost whispered.

 

She stood there as the guys turned to face her, her fingers tightly tangled together. The guys happily made their way to her laptop, sitting on the chair she was sitting on. One hesitated, lingering behind.

 

“Is it really okay with you if we read it? If you don’t like it, I’ll ask them not to.” Dongwoon said gently.

 

“… It’s okay. It’s just I never expected to meet you guys, much less have you guys read the story I wrote about you… it’s… embarrassing.” Nicolette replied, suddenly very interested in her shoes.

 

“Oh, okay.” Dongwoon slowly turned to join the other guys.

 

Nicolette turned to face the sea, the cold wind blowing, cooling the heat from her face. She tuned out the snippets of conversations she could hear, of Yoseob and Dongwoon translating the text for the rest of the guys. Focused on the darkness in front of her, she watched the moving lights from other ships move pass till she had calmed down again.

 

--------------------

 

“So… so how did you find it?” Nicolette asked, not daring to look at their faces.

 

“It was great!”

 

“Do you often write stories about us?”

 

“Wah… it’s so nice to have people write stories about us!”

 

The guys excitedly chatted away, praising the already shy girl. Nicolette fought the rising heat rushing to her face again.

 

“There are lots of fans who write these kind of stories… and we post it on a fanfic site… this is my first fic though.”

 

“Oh wow!” the guys exclaimed, pleasantly surprised.

 

“But this story you wrote… It’s not really focused on any of us, isn’t it?” Junhyung commented.

 

“Eh? Err… yeah. But I do have a one-shot about one of you though…”

 

“Who is it? Who is it?” the boys immediately clamored, each wanting to be in the spotlight.

 

Nicolette hesitated, squeezing her eyes shut as she pointed. The boys’ eyes widened, as Yoseob starting jumping around in happiness. The other guys started protesting at the sight of their visual maknae going so hyper over this.

 

--------------------

 

She quietly closed the door to the room, sighing as she felt the tensions from earlier starting to fade. Meeting the guys had really tired her out, and it was so hard to excuse her from the group.

 

Placing her laptop on the table, she went to wash up, thinking of what had happened, just, and the whole of today. It felt that this particular day felt like a lifetime. A whole different life, a different world, with her idols.

 

Finally laying on her bed, she shut her eyes, but her mind was still wide awake despite the weariness her body felt. Opening her eyes again, Nicolette stared at the ceiling.

 

This doesn’t even feel real, everything’s so surreal. It’s like one of my stories come alive… I can’t tell where my fantasy ends and reality starts anymore… Oh how I wish this was all just a dream… That when I wake up, I had never had this day. It was great… a dream come true. But this dream is too painful to wake up from… It would be like how when the clock strikes twelve, Cinderella’s riches get turned to the rags they were again. In the same way, once this cruise lands, the fantasy ends. We’ll never share this connection once this is over…

 

I think it's about time I talk to the guys...

 


Just to let you guys know, I'll be ending this story in the next chapter. I think most of you won't really like the ending I have planned but don't kill me okay?? >.<