Chapter 15

Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!

Chapter 12!          Every Night In My Dreams

 

Hearing the Korean voices behind her, Nicolette fought the urge to turn around to look at them. Of all seats they just have to sit behind me!

 

As if fate was playing tricks with them, she already had dinner at the table beside theirs at the Pavilion, pure coincidental it seemed. But this was surely no coincidence. Nicolette had came early with her family to sit at the first few rows of the theatre so that they could enjoy the musical that evening. The BEAST boys had came in later, and spotting her, had made their way to the empty row behind her.

 

Ah, the irony. I watched them yesterday night, and now, they know me and are watching me tonight…

 

Nicolette settled in her seat, the guys behind her quieting down, as the theatre darkened and the MC introduced the performance.

 

--------------------

 

Oh wow. That performance was so cool! I totally love all the acrobatics! And their dance was so cute!

 

The dance kind of reminds me of Super Junior’s Sorry though… especially the part where they hit their feet with their hands.

 

Yah, what language is Nicolette speaking? I can’t seem to understand it. It’s not English right?” Yoseob suddenly commented.

 

It’s Chinese. Her grandmother doesn’t speak English I think.” Dongwoon replied.

 

Ah… it’s good to have a walking translator around.” Doojoon teased.

 

Whatever, I think we should go first and leave her alone. There’s still another hour to the next show.

 

--------------------

 

So how did you find the musical?” Mrs Lin asked.

 

It was great! The storyline was fresh, and I really love all the acrobatics. Those people are good! Don’t you think so too, ah ma?” Nicolette said.

 

Yes, I enjoyed the performance.” Her grandmother replied.

 

The trio was waiting for the main crowd to leave the theatre before they made their way out.

 

So are we going to watch the next show? The magic one.” Nicolette asked.

 

I wouldn’t mind, but I think most likely not. I think your ah ma is very tired already. Besides, I don’t think she’ll enjoy that show as much, seeing as the guy will be reading minds in English…

 

--------------------

 

Nicolette puffed her cheeks in boredom as she waited for the lift to reach her stop. She had accompanied her mother and grandmother to the front of the cruise, and then separated from them. She went into the lift, while they went to walk around some more before retiring to the room.

 

When the lift doors finally opened, Nicolette ran up the flight of stairs, eagerly pushing open the wooden doors. The cold wind blew her hair back as she stepped out of the doorway, the light drizzle stinging her face as she stepped out of the covering overhead and made her way to the bow. She carefully climbed the wet, slippery steps, making her way right to the front, where pure blackness welcomed her. Only one or two small spots shone in the black sheet in front of her, all the stars hidden by the rain clouds. Removing her spectacles, she closed her eyes, lifting her head to enjoy the wind blowing past her, the raindrops like droplets of ice pelting her face.

 

Ah, it’s at times like this that I wish that would come true…

 

Nicolette’s eyes suddenly shot open, as she felt something wrap around her waist. Her hand automatically grasped the lean arms tightening around her as she felt heat press against her back. Before she could struggle or try to turn around, a soft voice whispered into her ear.

 

“Relax.” It said.

 

Obeying the command involuntarily, the tensions left her body as her mind registered the owner of the voice. The heat rose to her face as her heart beat quickened.

 

“Hyunseung-ssi, wh-” she began.

 

“Sshh… stretch your hand.” Hyunseung cut her off, as one of his arms left her waist to stretch out her arm to the side.

 

Obliging, Nicolette stretched out both her arms to her side, understanding where this was leading to. As Hyunseung’s hand returned to her waist, she lifted her head and closed her eyes again, feeling Hyunseung’s head beside hers. The two stood there, letting the wind billow past them, their relatively short hair flying behind them, totally enjoying their moment together.

 

“Ahh… I always wanted do this.” Hyunseung muttered beside her.

 

“Me too.” Nicolette replied, smiling as she did so.

 

Reenacting the famous flying scene from the movie Titanic, they stood in contented silence again. Starting to feel the tiredness in her arms, Nicolette slowly lowered them, resting them over Hyunseung’s arms on her waist. She heard, felt, Hyunseung’s sigh, as he lightly rested his head on her right shoulder.

 

“Hyunseung-ssi?” Nicolette softly called, not wanting to break the atmosphere they had.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“How did you know I was here?”

 

“Mmm… we decide to walk by ourselves. I saw your mother walking around. Thought you be here.”

 

“Oh…”

 

They fell silent again, enjoying each other’s presence. Totally comfortable with each other, they just stood there.

 

“Can I ask something?” Hyunseung suddenly spoke up.

 

“Hmm? What is it?” Nicolette lazily opened her eyes, not turning her head.

 

“Can I… I want a picture with you like the rest.” He requested.

 

Giggling slightly, Nicolette agreed, reaching into her pocket to take out her phone.

 

“Do you want to just take us like that?” she asked.

 

Feeling Hyunseung nodding his head, she stretched out her hand in front of them. She felt Hyunseung contentedly rest his head on her shoulder. Leaning her head on his, she pressed the button, blinding both of them with the flash.

 

Bringing the phone back close to their bodies, they looked at the screen together, liking what they saw, the lights of the cruise in the background behind them. Contented, Hyunseung gave her waist a slight squeeze in happiness, as they returned to the peaceful moment they shared.

 

Just then, Hyunseung heard some voices in the distance, loosening his hold on Nicolette slightly, he realized she was still oblivious to those sounds, so he tightened his grip again. He remained that way, till the voices drew nearer, becoming more obvious, interrupting their shared moment. Hyunseung felt Nicolette tensed up but was reluctant to release his hold on her.

 

“Hyunseung-ssi.” Nicolette hissed urgently, the hands once resting over his now pulling at them.

 

Omo! Look at that! We finally found the couple!

 

Wah… They’ve been hiding here all these time doing things like this!

 

But seriously, why are they even here when it’s raining?

 

It’s only drizzling. Though it is cold and the raindrops hurt!

 

They’re enduring all these because they know no one will bother them here in this weather!

 

Aww… Such lovebirds!

 

Releasing her from his arms too late, Hyunseung saw Nicolette blushed as the rest of BEAST surrounded them, teasing them. He knew she could not understand their words, but knew she could get the gist of it.

 

Yah! Guys, stop it! If you want, talk about it later. Not here, not now.” Hyunseung said firmly, not wanting to feel the awkwardness with Nicolette again.

 

Arasso. Arasso. We came to find you so we can go watch the show now anyway. Let’s go down then!” Doojoon agreed, understanding why Hyunseung said so.

 

“Princess, may we have the honour of sitting with you during the next performance?” Yoseob asked, acting his princely role again, slightly bowing with his hand outstretched as he did so.

 

“Okay.” Nicolette replied, placing her hand in his. She quickly withdrew it when the boys started getting excited.

 

“Oppa, get them to stop.” She pleaded to Doojoon, pulling his sleeve.

 

Yah! All of you stop bullying my dongsaeng!” Doojoon scolded mockingly.

 

Laughing, the group made their way back to the lift. Purposely lagging behind a little, Nicolette looked back at the bow where she had just made a precious memory, noticing Hyunseung look back at the same time. The two pulled their gaze from the bow to look into each other’s eyes.

 

Thank you. Thank you, for fulfilling that dream. The dream I had always had. You made what I always thought could only happen in fantasy come true. Thank you.

 

Reluctantly, they broke off their gaze, slightly hurrying to catch up with the group, mingling, laughing with them to avoid anymore suspicion.

 


and one more chapter!!! xDD

ahh... writing this really made me feel better from the past few days. had been falling sick, and work place recently dropped a few bombs on me all at the same time. my friend and i had been taking the fall for quite a few things just because we're temps and some people are so two-faced and act all innocent! >.<

but let's not talk about unhappy things anymore... cos now (Sunday) is a happy day!! =) though i doubt this applies to anyone reading this fic... and i'm not sure if you guys celebrate this... but here in my country, it's MOTHERS' DAY!!! xDD

to all that apply, HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!! thanks for caring and bringing up the troublesome us! =)