Minwoo - Misunderstandings [request by cellyne]

Boyfriend Love [One-Shot Short Stories] (Boyfriend Lines)

Hi, my name is Jihyun. I have a small secret: I have an ultimate crush. He's... this boy. He's really good at rapping and dancing, and he's super cute.

You might know him. His name is No Minwoo. He's a member of the South-Korean boy group Boyfriend.

Oh, you know them? Great, this story will be way easier to understand then.

Well, where do I start... the time where he saw me on the street? Or the time we first spoke, I mean, I was lectured by him? No, earlier.

Let's start with the time when he came to my school... .

 

"Yah! Boyfriend's maknae is moving to our school! This week!" girls screamed as they ran down the corridor.

I hid my head behind my locker door and secretly fangirled. Oh gosh, are you serious?

I cleared my throat without being able to get the smile off my face, closing my locker and heading to class.

"I wonder.... which class he'll be-"

The teacher entered the class with Minwoo following behind him.

"...in." I said to myself, as my eyes went wide.

"As most of you already know, we're having a new student in our school this year. And lucky you he's in your class. Please welcome No Minwoo." the teacher introduced as Minwoo bowed and introduced himself after.

 

I knew a huge dream had come true. My ultimate bias had come to my school, and is going to study in my class!

I've imagined it before. You know, a simple 'Hi Minwoo-ssi' and then becoming friends with him, and then hanging out with him. Maybe even outside school too, you know, a study meet up or something. But no, no way I expected what actually happened. I guess there's always some dreams which take a zig-zagy path instead of a straight one right?

But I guess that's the fun.

 

"Hello, are you okay?" there was a girl who was around 14 years old standing in the middle of the street crying. I put my hand on her shoulder gently, when she shrugged it off immediately.

"Leave me alone!" She screamed, still crying.

I took a step closer, about to ask her what was wrong, when... yeah. Bad dream part 1.

"Yah, what are you doing? Why did you make her cry?" Minwoo suddenly appeared and pulled the younger girl into a hug, letting her cry into his jacket. He rubbed her back like he was her mum, quickly giving me a death glare.

"Oppa, it's not... It's..." she tried to speak, I wanted her to so badly

"Shh~ Don't worry Yoonmi-ah, Oppa will help you." he cut her off. I bit my bottom lip.

"I didn't do anything, I just-"

"Yeah I saw, you bumped into her. Geez, a big girl like you. Don't you have eyes?" Minwoo almost screamed, I blinked once.

This is how he acts when he's super angry? He must know that girl, maybe family friend?

Heh, I'm really hating my life right now. If I didn't have the crush for him, I would've shot back, saying something like: "Yah, you're the one with no eyes! If you actually saw I found her here already crying!" But no. Instead his words hurt me. Seeing such a death glare from your ultimate crush isn't one you'd want to see very often.

I took a deep breath and left them together.

Our first words together. Our first conversation. Why? I didn't imagine it like this...

I continued walking for another hour or so.

"Ah, my lollipop!" a heard a high-pitched voice and turned around, seeing a little boy gasp at the lollipop he dropped on the floor.

For a second I giggled then my eyes widened as I saw him bend down to pick it up.

"Yah... Andwae! You can't still eat it!" I screamed in my head as I made my way in his direction.

"Yah, kid! Stop! You can't-" I snatched the lollipop from his hand and looked him in the eyes

"... eat this!!" I finished, as his eyes starting becoming watery.

"You've got to be kidding me." I suddenly heard a familiar voice from behind.

No, don't tell me. Not twice in one day. This is seriously 'Not One, But Two'.

"M-Minwoo-ssi..." I stuttered, eyes full of sadness. He gave me a scoffing look.

"Really? First you make my little cousin cry and now you're stealing lollipops from little kids? What the hell is wrong with you?" he complained as he pulled out a lollipop from his pocket and gave it to the little boy. The boy took it and left, leaving only the two of us.

"D-did you even talk to your cousin? What did she say?" I stood up and asked him bravely, his words did tick me off a bit.

Minwoo scoffed as my heart sinked. He eyed me as he spoke.

"Well obviously nothing! She was too busy crying thanks to you! You should've left her alone when she told you to."

"So you didn't talk to her then." I gave a straight look. I can't put up with the misunderstanding forever right?

"W-why does it matter anyway?" he stuttered for a split second

"Well of course it matters! If you haven't heard her explanation then you haven't heard what really happened! You can't just pop out of no where and blame me for something I didn't do!"

"Mwo? Look, I saw you hit her, okay?"

"Really? Did you really?" I glared at Minwoo, something I thought I'd never do.

He blinked once.

I looked into his eyes blankly for a second or two before pushing past him, walking to my destination.

 

"Ahjumma, annyeonghaseyo! I'm here again!" I waved at my beloved ahjumma, the carer at the orphanage here. All the kids came running out with huge smiles.

"Jihyun unnie! You've come! Annyeong." they bowed so cutely as I waved to them. I then pulled out a packet of chocolates from my bag and gave it to them.

"Here, share them." I smiled as they cheered in excitedness.

"Ahjumma, how are you lately?"

"Mmm, very good. Jihyun-ah, you don't have to come so often. Did you walk again today?" she patted my arm lightly

"Ahjumma, you know I like walking. The weather is beautiful anyway." I smiled, admiring the sky for a bit.

"Ehh~ Next time take the bus. It's okay if you come without treats for the children, I'd rather you spend the money for the bus fare. Next time you come you take the bus, arasseo?" she patted me again as I nodded

After staying for almost an hour I bowed to the elders and lovely carers, waved to the children, then made my way home.

It was starting to get dark and a bit cold. I still had just under an hour to walk home.

"Heh... should've brought another jacket." I hugged my arms together as I tried to walk faster.

Suddenly a scarf was wrapped around my neck. It was red. I jumped from shock and turned my head, shocked and wide-eyed again.

"M-minwoo-ssi??" I stuttered, completely shocked to see him here.

"Wear it, it's warm." he smiled. I blinked. Why is he suddenly being so nice.... he even... smiled at me. He... smiled. His beautiful smile that I've only seen in posters and on my computer screen. Oh gosh, so close up. My heart. My heart...

"Why are you..." I stopped and asked him

He looked down for a second.

"I'm sorry." he suddenly bowed.

"W-wae? Hey, don't bow. I'm not used to this." I made him come back up quickly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I... I misunderstood you. Yoonmi called me before and told me that her boyfriend had broken up with her and that you were just offering your help. She yelled at me for... quite a long time, telling me I had to apologise to you. Then as I was following you-"

"Wait, you... followed me here?" I looked at him weirdly, secretly giggling.

Suddenly he blushed and looked down, tapping his foot. I knew I could die at that moment. But now, I needed to listen to the rest of his words. Keep going Minwoo. ^^

"Well..... maybe. So as I was walking behind you, I bumped into... that little boy from earlier and... he yelled at me too." he puffed up his cheeks sadly as I giggled. Pabo Minwoo.

"And..."

"And I'm sorry. For... blaming you for things you didn't do. I'm sorry. Maybe... we could be... friends? The orphanage carer ahjumma... she knows me to. Maybe... we could go there together One Day, again." he made a small smile as I thought for a bit.

It feels like my life isn't that bad after all. Nah, who am I kidding. I'm on top of the moon now! My bias apologised to me, and yelled at me too. Though I expected lots of bright smiles and aegyo from him, and got death glares instead, I'm still happy. I got to see sides to him not many other people got to.

But luckily, I did get to see what I had dreamed of.

From that day on we were great friends in school and I helped him around since he was new. So many times when he wanted to go to the library he would do aegyo to me, so I would eventually give in and go with him. Heh, what can I do? You'd do the same right?

Well yeah, I guess... that's the story....pretty much. Oh wait! I'm such a pabo. Keke, forgot the romance part right? Alright then, here it is!

"Minwoo oppa, Minwoo oppa eodiseo (where)?" I searched around the library for him. He told me he was here.

"Ah~ Jinjja... did he leave already or something?" I scratched my head a little and took slow steps heading to the door.

Suddenly a grip on my hand pulled me into one of the aisles of the library. I looked to the person and smiled.

"Yah, found you!" I said as he let go. He looked nervous for some reason. He was wearing the lense-less glasses I gave to him. It does suit him.

"J-Jihyun-ah..." he whispered nervously as I looked at him blankly

"Wae?" I whispered back

"I... there's... there's... this thing...that.... you need to know." he stuttered, still whispering. I looked at him weirdly.

"Oppa, if you have something to say then you should just say it-" I said at normal volume, and Minwoo quickly covered my mouth as people looked in our direction. I bit my bottom lip and silently apologised to him. Then I looked back to Minwoo, who looked like he had thought something out.

"So... what was it you wanted to tell me again?" I whispered, when Minwoo took of his glasses and shook his head.

"No, you're right. Come with me." he grabbed my hand and led me outside of the library. At this moment I was totally confused.

When we reached outside he still didn't let go of my hand, making some girls stare at us.

"O-oppa... what are you doing right now?" I stuttered, flutters appearing.

"You were right Jihyun-ah, if I have something I should just say it. So I'm asking you, will you be my girlfriend?" he said straight up as I gasped, now unable to breathe. Blinking several times in disbelief, same with some girls around who passed us.

"Y-Your.. Your..."

"Yeah, my girlfriend. I like you. Please say yes." he suddenly did aegyo as I looked away desperately, the cuteness was becoming too much to handle.

"Jihyun-ah... sorry. I sound stupid right?" he gave up and let go of my hand, I looked down at it.

I quickly grabbed it again. His eyes shot up at mine again.

"I, I didn't say that." I quickly said as a smile slowly formed on both of our faces.

"Aish... pabo oppa. Still can't change." I shook my head at him teasily.

"What?"

"Well, your bad habit of judging situations before you know the truth." I looked around cheekily

"So does that mean... I don't sound stupid to you? So... is that... a... y-yes?" he bit his bottom lip as I looked into his sparkly eyes more sincerely and nodded.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend oppa." I smiled as we tightened our grip on eachother's hand

 

Hmm.... pretty romantic right? Keke.

And yes, we hugged after that okay? Hmm...

So yeah, this is my little story. Like living a dream. You know, meeting your ultimate crush and bias, then falling in love with them.

I guess it's just an example of how life and love is not a straight or easy path. There's always zig-zags and things inbetween, but all these little things are the ones that make up the end result.

In our case... it's a small thing called love.

 

~~~~~~~~

sorry it took so long >< i hope you liked it ^^ thanks for requesting.... :)