The Truth

Speechless

 

I made it to Gyeongju Park in about ten minutes, spotting Jiho and Ace easily. I walked up to them, expectant for something to happen. They stared at me for a while before talking.

“So, you made it.” Jiho commented, looking at me for a reaction.

I nodded the awkward silence dragging on before Yong Guk spoke up.

“Your parents owned a circus. Your mother was French, your dad Korean. They were shunned from both of their families because of their profession. Your father was an animal trainer, your mother a contortionist. Your brothers were in the act with your mother. You were a trapeze artist with your twin Daehyun. You were trained by your parents and good gymnast instructors, also learning how to play instruments and sing. The family was thriving. But then, on one day coming home from your gymnastics practice, you and your parents were kidnapped.

“You were and scarred in front of your parents. Daehyun as well. They were chopped up piece by piece in front of your very eyes. Then the men put you in a cage with their bodies. That’s what happened am I correct?” I nodded towards him, the memories resurfacing once more, tears filling my eyes. I wiped them away with the back of my hand, sniffing.

“But here’s what you don’t know. You know the legend of yin and yang right?”

I nodded, slightly confused.

“Your parents were the legend Yin and Yang. They’ve been reincarnated into different ethnicities and different continents in different times. And they knew it. They were killed what ten years ago right? Well those people that kidnapped them weren’t ordinary people. They were people called Godlines. Godlines live on an alternate universe. They killed your parents with the Grid, a power sword that can stop any reincarnation. So when your parents were killed, they were killed for real. They can’t be reincarnated this time. They are able to bend elements. We are Godlines but the good kind. We don’t use them for evil and domination. Jiho can fire bend but I don’t have a bending power yet.”

I looked at them as if they were crazy, scoffing. There was no way that Godlies or whatever was able to bend elements and lived on an alternate universe. There was just no proof. I stared at them incredulously before Jiho sighed, snapping his fingers, a ball of fire materializing out of thin air. He performed a few movements and the fire in creased, a whip made out of fire in his hands. I gasped, jumping back a few steps as he whipped around the nearest tree. He hoisted himself on it before swinging around the tree, flipping up onto a branch. He squatted down, looking at me.

“Believe us now?”

I shook my head, still in denial thinking it was a play of my mind since I was so tired and shaken up from the flashbacks and panic attacks. I turned, walking away before running smack into someone. I stumbled back, looking up to find and expressionless Hyun Ki and Tae Il standing in front of me.

“Are you really a Godline?” Hyun Ki asked, his guard up, eying them warily.

“Yes we are. I was born into a family of Godlines. As was Jiho.”

“What element?”

“Water. Jiho’s element is fire.”

“You must be the Yang.”

“I doubt it. What is your element?”

“I’m water, Tae Il is Earth.”

I looked at them as if they were completely talking about Finding Nemo being a real fish that can talk and spitting fire. How could they talk about something that doesn’t even exist as if it was their religion?

I turned away from them, walking back the way I had come.

“Where are you going Vitani? This is something you should hear.”

I shook my head, not even wanting to listen.

“Vitani! This is your heritage whether you like it or not. I don’t care if you don’t believe it or not! This is where you came from. Where your parents came from! Don’t you care about your parents? Don’t you want to know where the came from and how they came to be?” I stopped short, turning to glare at Hyun Ki, him knowing well that my parents were my week spot. I walked back over to them, crossing my arms, waiting.

Jiho spoke up, his voice catching my attention.

“Isadora, the name of our universe, is a place that is advanced as Earth but more. There are people that can bend elements. Everybody has an element that is in their blood to control and master. Some may discover their element as young as in the womb, others as old as on their deathbed. I was born naturally into a fire manipulating family, the firstborn. My father is the President of the Fire Empire. When I was 17, last year, I was sent to Earth to find Equinox, the Yin, the dark manipulator, and bring them to Isadora so that they can master the elements and demons that raged within them and have them lead us to the Yang, the positive manipulator with hints that she lived in South Korea. Then I met Yong Guk, son of the Dictator of the Water Territory, who was here to find Equinox as well.

We teamed up to try and find them, having the basic information on them, just not their name or gender. The person has excellent balance and physical abilities and is very intelligent in Earth terms.”

I looked up at them, somewhat bored with the talk, looking at them all as they stared at me. It suddenly dawned on me their thoughts. I pointed to myself as if indicating that they suspected I was Equinox.

“Yeah we think you’re Equinox, the Yin.”

Wae?

I mouthed it towards them, glaring profusely.

“Because there are many people who are like you in South Korea but only no one has your special quality.

I raised an eyebrow as if to say, ‘And what is that?’

“You’re a mute but you can talk on Isadora.”

 I looked up at them, raising an eyebrow, still not a believer. They sighed loudly, Hyun Ki and Tae Il eyeing them cautiously.

“I know what you’re thinking. Don’t do it.”

“We have to in order for her to believe and fulfill her destiny”

“Well if you’re taking her then we are going to. In my house, out of sight.”

“If you are going you’re going you’re going to be in your natural form.”

“Fine with us.”

I looked at both of them during their conversation, confused at what they were saying, Hyun Ki grabbing my hand.

“C’mon Vitani, we’re going home.”

I was silent on the way there, the conversation and the information racing through my head.

We made it home in a few minutes. The Truth is just getting farther and farther away.