What IS Wrong?

Speechless

 

I was as surprised as anyone else, the least griliest and ual out of all of the people in this class room. Hyuna was apart of the Korean-Pop group named 4minute. She was the most known, recognized for her cute actions, ual hips and her rapping. I sighed, scribbling her name down as well. My eyebrows continued to climb with each name, my heart pounding as at least everyone stole a glance or just flat out stared at me.
I felt something hit me and I looked down to see a piece of folded up paper. I unfolded it to see words written on it.
“Dangsin-ui nunsseob eul nop-yeo gyesog handamyeon dangsin-ui heeo lain eun son-eul tteda geoya!” If you keep on raising your eyebrows your hairline is gonna recede!
I guffawed at the letter, looking around to see who it is. Nobody looked my way so I looked down, zoning out until I heard something I was interested in.
“Oh Yong Guk!”
“Deh!”
The guy next to me with the ponytail raised his hand, his deep voice somehow sending shivers down my spine. I stared at Yong Nam until I noticed that he didn’t have paper. I quickly fished out a sheet, handing it towards him. He smiled at me, my heart fluttering in my chest. I shot him a smile before realizing that he was the one that sent me the note.
I scribbled down a reply, folding it up as well, sending it to him.
No it’s not. I have a thick head of hair that rarely falls out.
He stole a glance in my direction, turning back to his paper as Mrs. Ahn ran through his list of names. He got all of the deep voiced people, T.O.P of Big Bang, P.O from the rookie group Block B, and Baro of B1A4.
After Mrs. Ahn finished with him, he read the note, a deep chuckle leaving his lips. He wrote down a response, not even bothering to fold it.
Oh is that so?
I nodded to the paper before I realized that he probably wouldn’t get it. He chuckled once more and I blushed, realizing he must’ve seen me nod to the paper
Yes it is so.
Yong Guk smiled at me before writing. I waited patiently, surprised when I got two pieces of paper at the same time. One came from the left where Yong Guk is, and one from the right were Jiho is.
I read and replied to Yong Nam’s before opening the one from the right.
Ya inyeon-a , dangsin-eun dangsin-i geudeul e chulaghal ttae namjaga geugeol jab-a ttaemun-e meolikalag dukke-ui meolineun geos-eul saeng-gaghaseyo? Yo , you think that thick head of hair is because men grab it when you're going down on them?
I gasped, flashbacks rocking me speechless. I felt my throat slowly close up, tears filling my eyes. I got up, kicking Jiho roughly as I walked past him, tripping as he grabbed my calf, pulling me down. I kicked him away violently, rushing out into the hallway. I searched the building for an empty place, finding a corner under the staircase towards the second floor, curling into a ball.
I couldn’t. I couldn’t have a panic attack this early in the school year. Nor this early in the day. I gasped and sputtered before I was into a flashback and I was on the floor, being by those men. In my dream I cried out, suddenly shocked that I could even speak. I struggled, my eyes flinging open. I was somewhere between life and dream. I was having lucid dream. I clutched the bottom of a step, gasping wildly. I couldn’t get out of the dream no matter how loud I screamed or how hard I tried to thrash myself awake. I was yanked and I felt something compress onto my chest. I grabbed my shirt roughly, screaming. I only screamed in my dream, my mouth open, straining against my locked vocal cords. I whimpered silently as I was shaken.
Suddenly, I was back in school, on the floor under the staircase. I gasped, sputtering for air, looking into the brown eyes of someone. They pulled back and I realized that they belonged to Yong Nam. I yanked at my shirt, beating my chest with my fist, coughing as I struggled to fill my lungs with air. He sat me up and I saw Jiho looking from a distance, behind Yong Guk.
Yong Guk slapped me between my shoulder blades, my body lurching forward at the force and the pain that radiated through my shoulder. I whimpered, coughing as I shakily stood up. I bowed in thanks towards Yong Guk, reaching for my phone in my waistband. I quickly texted Hyun Ki and Tae Il what had just happened, Hyun Ki responding immediately that he was on his way, Tae Il as well. 
I looked down at the floor, the awkwardness suffocating.
“I was just  kidding when I said that stuff Vitani. I didn’t mean it.”
“Mean what? What did you tell her?” 
Yong Guk was immediately on the defense, walking up towards Jiho. Jiho glared at him, slowly taking out the note he sent me, pushing it in Yong Guk's face. He read it, his face getting darker with each passing second.
“You dickhead do you know what just happened?! She just like had a fricking seizure and a panic attack rolled in one! And it’s probably from what you said!”
“It isn’t! I was just messing with her!”
 
“It’s not ‘messing with someone’ when you call them a , make comments like that, witness what it does to the person, and still continue to act like a jerk even though they just had a life threatening experience!”
Yong Guk poked Jiho roughly with each sentence, a vein on his neck pushing up against his skin, his eyes filled with rage. Jiho glared at him, his anger rising.
“It’s not my fault she took it to heart! She hit me with a damn skateboard this morning! How do you expect me to act?! She even dug her nails into my arm in class! Did you not see that?! Or were you so love stricken by her beauty that you forgot everything and everyone else!?”
That stopped the argument short from Yong Nam. I blushed a bright red at Jiho’s comeback, biting my bottom lip. I slowly backed away, catching their attention, going into the classroom. I snuck in as quietly as I could, hearing footsteps behind me. I suspected it was Jiho and Yong Guk so I ignored them, sitting back in my spot. 
I sighed in relief as I sat without being called. 
“Myo Vitani. You’re up! Show us what you have.”
I looked up at her before pouting, making my way to the front of the room, plugging my iPod into the dock. I let it shuffle before I got to a song I know I could dance to without doing a cover. It was Big Sean’s A$$(Dance)
It was the version without Nicki Minaj, the best version in my opinion.
I began to dance, freestyling as best as I could in my shaken state. I blushed at the curse words, forgetting it was uncensored. A few guys chuckled at my break of character, girls expressionless. 
 
I didn’t shake my or twerk it or whatever, I just danced the way I felt was good for this song. I finished with a back handstand, not stopping there, my legs slowly tipping back until the tips of my feet hit the floor, ignoring that my loose shirt rode up to expose my stomach. Mrs. Ahn clapped her hands, the students following suit. I stood up, bowing quickly as the phone rang, suspecting it was my brother.
“Vitani, good work, excellent form. Early dismissal as well. Next class lets try something more feminine eh?” I felt my cheeks heat at her comment, the classroom busting into laughter, Mrs. Ahn cackle the loudest. I looked down, eyes prickling with tears as I rushed past the students, picking up my paper and pencil, ignoring Yong Guk and Jiho’s stares. 
I rushed out of the classroom, making my way out of the dance building, running full speed towards the main building, rushing to my locker, packing up everything messily before running again, bursting through the front office door to see Hyun Ki pacing around the room.  Our eyes met and he pulled me into a bear hug, lifting me off the ground. I felt the outline of his gun on his waist. He never brings his gun to my school. He must’ve though I was in trouble or that someone was messing with me.
He bowed to the lady behind the desk before whisking me out of school, pulling me to his car. I sat in the passenger seat, Hyun Ki looking down at me warily. I ignored his gaze, him asking the question that had been running through my head since my nightmare last night.
“What’s wrong Vitani?”