Run

Speechless

 

A man in the same clothing as Hyun Ki and Ace stepped out of the contraption along with Damien, his eyes hard.

“Jiho, well done, I’m glad you’ve caught the Manipulator, Leonardo and I are here to take her into custody.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I mean to take her in and take her powers.”

“Wha-Why?”

“She is a threat to this world. She possesses all the power to kill us all. Wipe us out. That’s what almost happened with the last one.”

“Because someone threatened his life, his bending ability and killed his soul mate! What do you expect to happen?”

“It was for the best now step aside Jiho, let us take care of this.”

Damien stepped towards our direction, Hyun Ki, Tae Il, Ace and Jiho lashed out with a whip that combined their elements, Damien striking out with a fireball thrown in their direction.

“Don’t you care if you kill your own son?”

“Not if I can have the power of the almighty Manipulator as my reward.”

“You sick bastard.”

“Oh thank you.”

“Father, you can’t mean your words can you?”

“Here’s the thing I never really liked about you Jiho. You care about others too much, you don’t care about yourself that much. You prefer to take care of others instead of yourself. You have to think about what might happen to you if you do this or that. Get ahead while you’re still in. That’s what I’m doing. The transformation of Isadora will be where only one person rules. Me.”

As Damien’s words seeped into my skin, shadows began to form around us, herding us into the center. They were benders of all kind, air benders, water benders, earth benders, fire benders.

Equinox. Are you listening?

Yes.

Are you scared?

Yes.

Don’t be.

Okay.

Here’s what I want you to do. I want you to dive into that water, don’t stop for us, don’t look back, and just keep swimming until you hit the outlet, then you’ll see a mountain I want you to go to the mountain, from there people will lead you. If they have eagles with them and they have purplish swirls on them, they are air benders and they will keep you safe from Damien while the council will teach you each element. We’ll come and get you if we survive. If we don’t arrive in about two months, we’re no more. When I give you the signal, go.

But what about our link?

Don’t worry; our link will stay until we’ve died. I’ll keep you posted if we’re captured or something.

I looked around and saw that there was a clear path to the lake from here, glad Sirah had thought of it. I looked down at her fierce expression, moving to my new families face, tears springing in my eyes. I quickly took off my shoes and shed my jacket, Sirah helping by taking me off her back, ripping my pants into boy shorts, smiling bravely at me. I needed to run.