What?!

Speechless

 

The theatre building had the names famous plays such as: Lomio & Jullies, Romeo & Juliet, Haemlis, The Hamlet, Maegbeseu, Macbeth, etc. I slowly pulled out of my trance when the school bell rang. I tucked my skateboard under my right arm, taking off my backpack to grab my schedule, packing up before making my way up the stairs and into the luxurious halls of SAHS.
Students were everywhere, lockers slamming, others looking at their lockers from previous years. I glanced down at the paper in front of me, reading that my locker was a single, number 2045, code 6904. I looked around before realizing that my locker was on the second floor. I made my way up the stairs to the equally busy hallway, finding locker 2045 with some difficulty that involved shoving people roughly.
 I looked inside to see textbooks, and what I supposed was gym clothes inside, a note taped to the one on top.
These are for you to keep at home. Make sure they are not damaged or stolen in anyway. You will have to pay a fine. 
Sincerely, School faculty
I rolled my eyes at their ‘Sincerity’ folding the paper, shoving it into the back of the locker, taking off my backpack, taking out my phone a pencil and my folder of loose leaf paper, jamming my phone and iPod into the waistband of my tights, clutching the pencil and folder of paper in my hand. I slammed my locker shut, mine seeming miniscule compared to the sound of people slamming their lockers as if they were the Hulk on steroids.
I guffawed at the thought of Hulk on steroids, his frame growing twice in size, hairy as an orangutan, drooling like an imbecile, grumbling out incoherent words. 
I stopped my laughing as I began to wonder what people would think about a mute girl laughing silently to herself. I looked down at my slightly crumpled schedule, happy with the results.
I had Dance with Mrs. Ahn, Art with Mr. Jung, History with Mrs. Choi, Math with Mr. Oh, Literature with Mrs. Kim, Lunch, Free period, and Gym with Coach Kim for the last period. At least I won’t have to worry about stinking from gym for any other periods.
 I made my way out of the main building over towards the dance building, ignoring the group of guys that were behind me, still making fun of Jiho. I was slightly happy when I entered the building and the group went the opposite way down the hall.
I had a smile on my face when I entered Mrs. Ahn’s classroom to see a super tall guy setting up the class. It was a big room with mirror walls, a ballet barre on each mirror wall. I knocked on the door to get his attention, bowing ninety degrees in respect. He turned towards me bowing in acknowledgement before turning back to his work. I decided not to disturb him and to look at his reflection in the mirrors. He had tan skin; his hair was jet black and short. He had dull eyes, a sharp nose and full lips. He was muscular, ropes of his muscles moving under his skin. The mysterious guy wore a plain long sleeved shirt pushed up to his elbows, exposing his slightly veiny forearms. I turned away as his head lifted up to glance back at me, pretending to be interested in the patterns on the ballet barre. 
I stole a glance, for he had stopped what he was doing, staring at me. I felt my face heat up at his intense gaze, coughing softly, jumping as a group of rowdy kids filed in, the final bell sounding, Jiho amongst those loud kids. I mentally face palmed, sighing as I took a seat on the floor in the back, the guy sitting next to me, his long body folding elegantly. I placed my pencil and paper on the floor in front of me, jumping when Jiho sat down noisily next to me
“Hey amkae, how’s it going?”
I ignored him and his vulgar word, opening my folder up, placing my schedule inside, and pretending to not have heard him. My folder was snatched from my hands, along with the pencil next to it. I looked up to see Jiho looking down at my folder, scribbling something inside. I grit my teeth, reaching for it, only to have it pulled out of my reach once more. I grabbed his arm, digging my nails into his flesh, watching his face twist into pain, grabbing my stuff from his hands. 
I sat back down in my spot, hearing a soft chuckle to my right. I turned to see the mysterious guy looking at me, a smile on his face. I unconsciously smiled back at him, my cheeks flushing. Jiho grumbled next to me, rubbing his arm as a lady probably in her mid-forties walks out of a room. I got up, bowing to her, the guy next to me doing the same, the class looking at us as if we were merged at the waist and had a third head. 
I sat down slightly embarrassed, my cheeks flushing. I head Jiho chuckle next to me and I discretely flipped him off, the teacher blabbering on about how they will have dance routines to complete each week, all of them cover dances except for the first week of every month. We were to write down the people we were going to portray in each group when the time came. I took out paper and my pencil, the guy tapping my shoulder.
“Naneun jiong-ijogag-eul eod-eulsu iss-eulkkayo?”
My jaw dropped on the inside at how gravelly deep his voice was. It took me a few moments but I fished out a piece of paper, handing it to him shyly, not even having enough courage to look him in the eye like I so boldly did before. 
He bowed while sitting down, taking out a pen from his back pocket.
“Gamsa agassi.” Thanks, babe
I paused as I got ready to write down the title, my cheeks flushing. Did he just call me babe?
I looked up at him for confirmation, him smiling down at me before turning to his paper.
“Don’t you know it’s impolite to call people those name’s unless you guys are going out?” Jiho commented, looking at him up and down. I leaned back, watching the scene unfold as Mrs. Ahn went back into her room to grab supplies. He sized Jiho up before speaking.
“Who are you to speak? I know you’re not her boyfriend.”
“I’m this bit-“
“I suggest you shut up before I make you. Nobody talks to anyone that way. It’s rude and immature.”
I smiled at him for defending me, Jiho looking at him sizing him up to about to make a response when Mrs. Ahn called everyone to attention, holding a clipboard.
“Okay students! We are going alphabetically. The people I give you, you have to portray perfectly. Doesn’t matter if you’re a boy portraying a girl or vice versa. It will be all Korean Idols.” She started from Ahn, calling students by first name. I zoned out knowing my name would be called late probably. 
“Myo Vitani!”
I raised my hand, everyone turning to look at me. Mrs. Ahn did a double take, asking the question on everyone’s mind.
“Are you even Korean?”
I nodded, my cheeks flushing at the embarrassing question, ignoring the stares from classmates, bringing my pencil to the paper, scribbling down the names of people she called out, stopping when one name she gave me stood out from everyone else’s.
“Rain.”
I looked up at her, my pencil stopping abruptly of scribbling it down. I raised a quizzical eyebrow along with everyone else that turned to look at her. Rain was a quintet threat in this world, ranking higher up than most Westerners. He could sing, act, dance, do martial arts, and had frigging ripped physique. He was also very known for his sensual ballads and hip s, along with his ability to rip his shirt like a knife slicing through butter. But Mrs. Ahn continued, not even looking up from her board, shooting out another name that raised my eyebrows.
“Hyuna.”