Oh .

Speechless

 

I always went to the Exercise Room when I had a bad dream, a bad day, or was just bored. Soon after I had done a shaky landing, the doorbell rang. I skipped out of the room, sure not to disturb Gongjung Geune. The doorbell rang again and I sped up, reaching the door, throwing it open. Jiho and Yong Nam stood in front of me, both wearing something different.

Jiho wore a plain T-Shirt and baggy shorts while Yong Guk wore a sleeveless tank and basketball shorts, the shirt exposing his buff arms that was covered in veins. I snapped out of my internal breakdown at his arms before looking up at them both, raising an eyebrow. Yong Guk pushed Jiho forward, Jiho stumbling up towards me, head bowed.

“Joesonghabnida.” He mumbled, looking at the floor.

I looked up at Yong Nam who winked, butterflies spasming in my stomach. I nodded towards Jiho, accepting his apology. We stood there awkwardly for a few moments before I began to close the door, looking down at my brightly colored leotard that exposed my legs that had a few scars on them.

“Vitani-Ah! Wait!”

I pulled back the door a few inches before looking at Jiho who had spoken up.

“You gonna let us in or what?”

I shook my head at his response, looking down when something poked my feet. I scooped up half-awake Gongjung Geune who had woken up from the talking probably. I cradled her to my chest, closing the door. Jiho stopped the door from hitting the doorstop with his foot, pushing inside. I huffed, gritting my teeth as I struggled against him.

“Please Vitani-ah? Can we please come in?”I contemplated seriously, surprised at his suddenly politeness before throwing the door open, nodding. Jiho smiled before running away, disappearing around a corner. I shrugged at his randomness, stepping aside so that Yong Guk could enter.

He made his way in, petting Gongjung Geune gently, smiling at her. I was going to close the door before Jiho and 2 other boys bursted in.

I stepped back shocked, Jiho smiling at me.

“You said we could come in!”

“Yeah but she didn’t mean that you could bring a frigging tribe!”

Yong Guk came up behind me his chest pressing against my back slightly. I shivered, Jiho ignoring him

“You guys! Introduce yourselves!”

 “Kwanghee!”

“Kyung!”

“Jiho!”

Kwanghee was a short guy with a black bowl cut with large spectacles and funky sense of style. Kyung was normal sized and had an oval shaped face with black wild hair, his style somewhat gangster and punk-ish. Jiho had his brown dreadlocks pulled into a ponytail and had a mixture of both Kwanghee and Kyung. Yong Nam was a tall guy with long shoulder length hair that was jet black and always pulled in a ponytail. Yong Nam had a classy yet wild style about his clothes.

They bowed with respect before breaking to wander around the room.

“Can I hold it?”Kyung asked, his cute face making me giggle. I handed him a reluctant and groggy Gongjung Geune, Kyung handling her as if she was a glass ornament. I went into the kitchen, making snacks for them. In ten minutes I had the food on the on the coffee table in the living room where they all sat, Jiho eyeing me.

“Why are you wearing that Vitani? You a stripper of something?”

I rolled my eyes at his lame joked before signaling them to follow me.

I led them to the Exercise Room, starting with a few routines I used to do as a kid before trailing into the more mature older gymnastics, even doing a few Salchow jumps thrown in around the vault routine. When I landed on my feet I bowed, signaling I was finished. Kyung and Kwanghee jumped up, screaming and clapping, startling Gongjung Geune who had just begun to fall back asleep in her corner. Jiho and Yong Guk looked at me with intense stares, sitting in a relaxed position.

I saw them share a glance and Yong Guk nodded towards Jiho as if answering a question Jiho sent him telepathically. I brushed it off as nothing, smiling as Kyung and Kwanghee spun me around. Even though I’ve only known them for about an hour, they seemed like cool people.

I signaled for them to wait, picking up Gongjung Geune, putting her in the middle of the room, performing a few tricks with her such as, standing on her hind legs, playing dead, begging, and rolling over. Kyung clapped the loudest, rushing to scoop her up into his hand.

I lead them back into the living room where they sat down. I snuck upstairs, taking a shower, glad to wash off the sweat and chalk powder off my legs. I entered my room through the conjoining door, steam leaving the bathroom. I was surprised to see Jiho waiting on my bed. I immediately ran back into the bathroom, hoping he wouldn’t see me in only a towel.

No such luck. Jiho made his way over to the bathroom door, knocking on it loudly.

“I know you’re in there. I was just leaving so don’t get your leotard in a twist.” I heard his footsteps recede and the door close. I stood still for a few moments before stepping out, relieved that my room was empty. I fished around in my cluttered closet, throwing on a Henley and a pair of sweats, putting on a headband so that water droplets from my hair wouldn’t get in my face.

I made my way downstairs to see the guys watching T.V, all engrossed in the wrestling match. I gaped at the coffee table, surprised that all the food was cleared off of the table. The boys were savages!

I cleaned off the table, bringing the stuff to the sink, washing them, placing them on the drying rack. I looked at the time, noticing it was time for Gongjung Geune to eat. I opened her canned food, watching her scurry into the kitchen for her food at the sound of the can. I petted her back as she ate, going to fix dinner. Yong Guk entered, leaning against the counter as I prepared the food.We talked about trivial things, knowing he wanted an explanation for what had happened earlier in school.

“Vitani! Your big brothers are ho-“

Tae Il and Hyun Ki’s voices rang out, stopping short. I peeked around the corner to see Tae Il and Hyun Ki pointing their guns at the boys in the living room, their eyes filled with rage. Kwanghee and Kyung screamed, clutching each other for dear life. Jiho held his hands up, eyes wide as he stepped back.

“Why the hell are you here?!”

Oh . just got real.