No Sherlock

Speechless

 

“Okay yeah I’ll just continue playing with the fish. What the hell? There’s a 500 pound tiger breathing down my neck and you tell me not to panic.”

My voice wavered with panic, my skin slowly freezing over, my eyes clamping shut as movement behind me, heavy paws on my shoulders. I let out a small whimper when I felt its head on top of mine as if it was back hugging me. I sighed in relief when the paws and head disappeared, jumping a foot in the air when it leaped into the water with a giant splash. I recoiled, waiting for the impact of the water on my skin, but it never came. I looked up, amazed. The water had stopped mid air, droplets of the water all around me but none ever hitting me. I shot a look towards Ace who looked at me, raising up his hands in defense.

“It wasn’t me.”

“Then who did it.”

I did.

“Who’s ‘I’?”

I’m right in front of you stupid.

“Hold the up! Can animals use telepathy to talk to people?”

“No I don’t thi-Wait a minute. Is the tiger talking to you?”

“Would it be weird if I said yes?”

“ yeah! Nobody has been able to communicate with animals since the 4th century in Isadora.”

That is true. My great x10 grandmother was the last animal that could speak to the humans.

“Okay calm down. The tiger sai-“

My name is Sirah.

“Okay whatever Sirah, said that her great x10 grandmother was the last animal that could speak to the humans.”

“Well if it can talk to you through your mind, you can probably do the same. Try it out.”

Can you hear me?

No. I can’t hear you.

Don’t be a smartass with me missy.

I do whatever I want.

Mean. Just tell me why you’re here.

Okay so here it go-

“Are you talking to her? Your face looks all scrunched up and it’s freaking me out.”

“Nope. I’m just trying to take a dump and send it to you through email. What do you think I’m doing?”

“Jeez. Don’t need to PMS.”

Wow. You really have the hots for him. And vice versa.

What? How did you get that from our short conversation?

I’m psychic and telepathic, I think I know a romance brewing when I see one.

Whatever. Just continue

Okay. I was born in the rural forests of Isadora  when my family was captured. They were doing searches for who would be Equinox’s spiritual animal. When they found me, they tested me by killing my parents. Any cub would be enraged and scared. Not me. I was calm as if I knew it was going to happen because I did know. I had a vision about two days before they would come and held onto every precious moment I had with them every hour of the day. I had prepared myself for this moment.

But why didn’t you hide?

Because when I had the vision, your voice called out to me. “Don’t fight it. Let it be.”

My voice? Me?

When was this?

Five years ago.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I’ve been a mute for the past ten years.

But I’ve been on Isadora all my life. How is that possible? Unless you’ve visited here in your dre-

“Equinox~! We’re back~ Look what we go-HOLY A TIGER.”