School

Speechless

 

Hyun Ki walked out of the room, grabbing his revolver at the foot of the bed, tucking it in his waistband, closing the door behind him as he exited. 
I sighed, rubbing my forehead as I made my way into my closet, throwing on psychedelic tights, a large vintage Batman T-Shirt that was my Appa’s and reached me mid-thigh, my regular black Converse high tops, and my Eomma and Appa’s wedding rings, placing my twin brother DaeHyun’s birth necklace on, the charm hooking onto my own necklace with the magnets inside them connecting. I trudged to the door that connected my room and my bathroom, throwing it open, reaching for my toothbrush. 
I caught a glimpse of what I look like and stopped short. I gaped at the bags under my heterochromatic eyes and my messy black pixie cut hair. I shrugged after a moment, brushing my teeth, washing my face, and running a wet hand through my hair. I took a look, before deciding to wear a yellow headband, hippie style. I made my way downstairs, bumping into Tae Il.
“Oh Vi. I was just coming up to tell you that breakfast is done. Nice outfit. Very, retro.”
I smiled in thanks, following him downstairs into the large U-Shaped kitchen. I took a seat at the island, bowing as he set the food in front of me. It was a traditional Korean breakfast, Oi Naengguk, cold cucumber soup, Galbi, grilled meat, Moo Saengchae, radish strip kimchi, Kongnamul Bab, bean sprout rice, and a glass of mul, water. I grabbed my chopsticks and ate the food, the flavors giving my taste buds a run for its money. 
I finished in no time, leaving the rest of it for Hyun Ki and Tae Il, who were getting ready for work. I bounded back up the stairs to grab my Adventure Time backpack, my old skateboard, and my iPod and phone that were charging on the nightstand, passing by Tae Il and Hyun Ki’s open doors, waving to them both in farewell, bounding down the stairs once more, grabbing my keys on the hook near the door, leaving the comfort of my home to the busy streets of Seoul. I dropped the board onto the concrete, placing one foot on it, taking off my backpack to drop my keys and phone, leaving my iPod in my hands as I zipped it back up. I unraveled my headphones from around my iPod, plugging them into my ears, pushing off the concrete, beginning the short journey to Seoul Arts High School. It was my first year there and many famous people have gone there. Sulli of f(x), Hyuna of 4minute, Zelo of B.A.P, Lee Joon of MBLAQ, Suzy of Miss A, etc.
I tried out for it during the summer, doing a lyrical dance of Big Bang’s Monster. I shat bricks when I got it on a scholarship, almost breaking my leg at how I was jumping around the house, my acceptance letter in my fist. I was ecstatic to go, the arts my passion.
I could draw, dance, and play six instruments, not really much of a singing person or an actor. I made it to SAHS in the time my iPod could play three songs. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, looking at reuniting students, girls showing off their tans and the phone numbers of foreign boys they’d probably hooked up with, boys showing off their deepened voices, newly found muscles and telling each other their summer escapades. I looked around before walking back towards the trees, sitting down, looking up at the academy. It had a Victorian style look to it, a grand main building in front, and four buildings behind it.
They were labeled: muyong, dance, sigag yesul, visual arts, bokeol, vocals, and yongeug, theatre, all written in Hangul. The dance building was decorated with people dancing and musical notes encasing their bodies. Art was a building with murals all over it, Vocals was a person’s profile, their mouth open, the word ‘Bokeol~’ leaving it’s lips.
Someone interrupted my trance of studying the buildings with a tap on my shoulder. I looked up, pulling out my ear buds to see a very tall guy looking down at me, a smirk on his lips. I immediately pulled my walls up, sizing him up. He guffawed and I suddenly knew he was on a bet. A group of guys behind him, probably his friends, busted out laughing, one of them calling out, “C’mon Jiho! Gyejib-ae jishaji ma! Geunyeoneun-yeoja yeyo!” Don’t be a ! She’s just a chick!
I looked up at him before scoffing, looking around him at his friends, boldly flipping them off before pushing the-so-called Jiho away, the sharp pain in my left body making me wince. Junhyung stumbled a bit before regaining his balance and catching my left arm.
“Hey wait-“
I clenched my teeth, the pressure of his arm sending shock waves of pain down my spine. I struggled to jerk out of his iron grip, trying to pry his fingers off my arm. He pulled me towards him, me digging my feet into the concrete, gripping my board in my right hand tightly, whacking him with it. 
He let go of me, startled and I pushed him for good measure, feeling superior when he fell on his . Jiho shot me a murderous glare before getting up, walking back to his friends who were now dying from lack of oxygen from laughing to hard. I walked back to the tree, resuming my previous position, pushing my ear buds back in. This was gonna be a long and annoying year if everyone was going to act like a douche.