Truth Hurts

Speechless

 

I looked around and saw that there was a clear path to the lake from here, glad Sirah had thought of it. I looked down at her fierce expression, moving to my new families face, tears springing in my eyes. I quickly took off my shoes and shed my jacket, Sirah helping by taking me off her back, ripping my pants into boy shorts, smiling bravely at me.

The benders lunged as I bunched up everything and shoved it next to her, Sirah letting out a feral growl, looking at the lake then towards me. I gave her a curt nod before dashing straight for the water.

“Don’t let her get away! I need her powers!” Damien’s voice was frantic, half of his minions breaking towards me. I reached the lake, jumping in without second thought, the Earth covering the Lake as if protecting me from the other elements, some space for air still left. I began swimming in the direction she pointed, leaving the sounds of war behind me to pursue my future.I woke up with a burning sensation that covered my whole back. I groaned, struggling to sit up, a firm hand pushing me back onto my stomach on the bed.

“I have to put it on so that you can get better. Your wings are coming in to early. You haven’t even mastered one element.”

“What?”

“You’re the Manipulator, your wings are growing in and you haven’t even mastered one element yet.”

Oh. The memories flooded back from the recesses of my mind, flashing forward in a slid show frame by frame. I was in Isadora. My home. My brothers could bend the elements as could I. I don’t know how to bend elements less much control them. I was the Manipulator. The only person who can master all elements including Spirit, the one element no one could bend. I groaned, burying my face into my hands as I struggled to sit up.

I was pushed down, the person treating my condition putting weight on my shoulder blades that flared and ached with something.

“Stop trying to sit up. You have to let me treat you! Or else your wings will come out and things will happen.”

“What kind of things. Will I sprout a horn and my skin will turn red?”

“No. You’ll be sent into Rubic if your wings sprout before you’ve mastered all elements.”

I stopped short at the person’s words, knowing that all past Manipulators will go there and never return.

“Fine. Where am I?”

“You’re at the Air Kingdom.”

So I made it to the Air Kingdom.

Good job Equinox.

Sirah!

Yeah we’re still alive. Jiho and Ace are with their fathers, Hyun Ki, and Tae Il are with me in a dungeon. I think Ace and Jiho have switched over to their side.

What?!

Yeah. Looks like it’s just us now. Can’t trust those boys for anything.

I can’t believe it, in the hardness of times, Jiho and Ace side with their fathers that want to destroy us and the world.

I hear that after they conquer Isadora, they’re going for Earth and our sister planet Exotrix.

What is and what’s on Exotrix?

Exotrix is where mystical creatures and benders live. It’s like the total opposite of Isadora.  Where as Isadora has natural bending, Exotrix doesn’t its artificial bending. Exotrix has metal bending, blood bending, light bending. Mystical creatures such as centaurs, vampires, werewolves, fairies, dragons, anything you can think of that’s ever been mentioned in history as supernatural is there.

Really? Even like horned demons?

Yes.

Okay. How is this going to happen?

You’re doing this by yourself Equinox.

What? No I can’t. I’m not strong enough. I mean I don’t have the bending ability, the strength, or the knowledge.

Knowledge I can help you with, the man that’s treating you, Dimitri, is a friend of mine. Don’t be frayed by his inability to show you his face. He doesn’t want people to be afraid of him. I signaled him you were coming and might be in bad shape. He’s been taking care of you for the past three days because your mind and physical state were in such critical states that he’s been working non stop. He also tells me your wings are coming in, yes?

I think so but if they come out before I master all the elements then I’m going to be trapped in Rubic for eternity am I correct?

Unfortunately that is the truth.