Surprise!

Speechless

 

Okay so when will I get better and start training?

“Once your wings stop trying to burst out and your mental state is under control,” Dimitri stated, his hands rubbing deeply into my exposed back, a searing pain rippling between my shoulder blades. I buried my face further into the sheets I’d been placed on, my fingers clutching the sheets.

“Sorry but that’s how I have to keep them from coming out.”

“Then what do you have to do?”

“I have to wrap you up in gauze.”

“Oka-Wait. So that means I’m from the waist up right now?”

“No you’re wrapped up tighter than a nun.”

“No need for sarcasm sir.”

“Have you been wrapping me up for these past days?”

“Don’t flatter yourself I’ve been having a maid come in and wrap you up.”

“Good.”

“Not like there’s anything to see.”

I turned my head in the direction his voice came from, looking up to see a man wearing a studded mask mouth that only exposed his black glasses framed blood red eyes wearing a black kimono leaning over me. My glare dissipated at his appearance, his look somewhat entrancing and scaring me. I whined yelled and just about cried for the next thirty minutes as he rubbed my skin raw, finally releasing his death grip on my skin.

“Since you’re conscious I’m inviting you to dinner with the other councilmen. It’s time they see the next Manipulator is a girl. They’ve all bet it’s a boy.”

“Well that’s nice to hear that they’ve taken a liking to me.”

“Yeah sure. Annabel! Come and wrap Equinox up!”

“Coming Councilmen Dimitri.”

He got up, walking over to the sliding door, leaving without a glance back. Just before the door could hit the frame a beautiful curvy woman wearing a short floral yukata that exposed her long legs. came in carrying a green spray and gauze and a basket filled with clothes. I got up, wrapping the sheet around my chest before helping her with the load, sitting down atop the bed once she was done. She got on her knees and bowed, her forehead touching the floor. I shook my head and helped her to her feet.

“You don’t have to bow to me. Think of me as a friend.”

“Okay Equinox.”

“Don’t call me that, call me by my Earth name, Vitani. I like that better than Equinox truthfully.”

“Okay, Vitani.” Annabel stuttered, looking up at me with doubtful eyes as she took out the gauze, spraying it with the green liquid. I undid the sheet, lifting my arms above my head as she began to wrap the gauze around my torso. I winced here and there but overall I was fine. After she perfected it for the tenth time Annabel told me to strip down to my underwear. I was put into a beautiful aquamarine Qi Pao shirt, shoving my feet into black leggings. I stopped her with the Chinese slippers, shaking my head. I asked for something else and she ran out the door and came back in ten seconds, holding the perfect pair of shoes for this situation.

I threw them on quickly, Annabel leading me to the dining area, everyone stopping short when they saw my shoes. I stopped in the doorway, bowing respectfully before taking a seat next to Dimitri. I was wearing blue Converse.