Chapter 10

Haru Haru

            “TOP! Let’s go drinking!”

            Six pairs of startled eyes turned to me. Mi Cha only narrowed her gaze.

            “What was that?” TOP asked.

            “Are you sick?” JiYong and Dakota asked together.

            “Yeah, what’s up with you?” Panda asked.

            “I feel like having a drink, that’s all,” I answered.

            “But you don’t drink,” Daesung said.

            “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Youngbae asked.

            “You all treat her like such a child. If the girl wants a drink, let her go have a drink,” Mi Cha said. I knew she was just trying to get rid of me, but I didn’t really care.

            “For once, I agree with unnie,” I said. “Let’s go oppa!”

            I dragged TOP out the door and to the closest bar. I don’t know what I was drinking but I lost count after my sixth or seventh shot. I’d never gotten drunk in my life, so this was a whole new experience for me.

            “Are you alright?” TOP asked me. I think I nodded, but I wasn’t quite sure.

            “Another round!” I exclaimed, and the waitress brought two more shots. I reached for the glasses but was stopped.

            “No more,” TOP said. “I’m taking you home.”

            “Ah oppa, you’re no fun.”

            “Oh well. Get up.”

            I stood up and suddenly there were three TOPs. For some reason I found that extremely funny and I dissolved into a fit of giggles. Somehow we made it back home, although I don’t remember how we got there. I was put on the couch and I was vaguely aware of six people watching me although I was too messed up to distinguish who was who.

            “How much did she drink?” Dakota asked.

            “I lost count after twelve.” Male. Bass. It had to be TOP.

            “Twelve!? More than twelve? You idiot, she’s never been drunk before! Why did you let her have that much?”

            “I didn’t know.”

            I found this funny too and gave a Joker-like laugh that silenced the room.

            “Is she okay?” someone asked. I think it was JiYong.

            “No. But she was messed up before the alcohol.” Caring. Sad. It had to have been Youngbae. He was the only one who had that caring father tone.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Clueless male. It must have been Daesung.

            “You really are stupid, aren’t you?” Anger. Hurt. Panda.

            “What are you talking about?”

            I couldn’t take anymore. I guess the alcohol was tired of being quiet because I started talking and couldn’t stop.

            “Youngbae! Don’t turn into me. In fact, don’t ever fall in love.” I laughed again, but it was bitter this time. “Love and it hurts, especially when it’s not reciprocated. You were right-it isn’t worth this grief.

            “Panda! I don’t deserve you. You are entirely too good for me and you should find someone who can appreciate it. Also, don’t be mad at Dae-oppa. He really doesn’t know better.

            “JiYong! I’m sorry for tricking you. I haven’t been okay since Dae-oppa left. I did a good job at hiding it from you and keeping you from worrying about me though, didn’t I?

            “TOP! I didn’t mean to get you in trouble for taking me out. I needed to find a way to stop thinking and I knew you wouldn’t let anything really bad happen to me.

            “Dakota! You and I both knew it was going to come to this sooner or later.

            “Daesung! Oppa, I don’t know why you won’t love me. Why you refuse to see how much I care about you is beyond me. Lee Mi Cha is not better than me! Daesung oppa…Saranghaeyo.”

            After that, I passed out.