"Disgusting."

Look at Me

 

“Sorry I’m late! I couldn’t find my wallet!” Key’s feet slowed to a walk as he joined the couple. Seeing the girl on Jonghyun’s arm sneer slightly, Key inwardly rolled his eyes but kept his smile plastered to his face.

‘So that’s how it’s going to be. Okay then.’

“Se Kyung, this is my best friend, Key. Key, Se Kyung. We should have a lot of fun tonight!” Jonghyun introduced excitedly.

Se Kyung had her long, black hair flow down her shoulders with a small white clip near her ear. Wearing a small white hoodie and gray skinny jeans that clung to her petite figure, Key forced a smile and bowed slightly to her.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, noona. Last time, I wasn’t able to greet you formally.”

Suddenly, Jonghyun pulled Key’s arm toward the ticket booth, earning a nasty look from Se Kyung.

“Come on! I want to go on the rollercoaster!” Jonghyun grinned obliviously as they neared the booth. Taking out his wallet, Key looked up to see the price of the ticket but all he saw was Se Kyung’s back, blocking the way.

“Jjong, how much is the ticket?” Key asked the dino with a poke to his shoulder. Jonghyun looked up from his own wallet and took out some bills.

“Don’t worry about it, Key. I got it,” he smiled and handed the cashier the money.

“But I’ve got money; I just can’t see the prices from where I am. You don’t need to pay for me!” Key frowned and started to pull some money out of his wallet. Jonghyun turned around and put his hand on his. Key looked up uneasily, not eager to see his girlfriend’s reaction.

“I’ve got it, Key. Think of it as my apology from scaring you the other day,” Jonghyun smiled as Key sighed and put his wallet away.

“If that’s the case, then there had better be more than that for all the misery you put me through!” Key haughtily put his hands on his hips with a smirk growing on his face. Jonghyun laughed as he handed a pink wristband to him.

“Whatever you say, Key,” Jonghyun then turned his attention to the girl hanging on his arm and tenderly fastened the pink wristband around her thin wrist.

“Where are we going first, Jonghyun-ah?” Se Kyung moved her hair slightly out of her face and batted her eyes at Jonghyun. Key rolled his eyes and fastened his own wristband around his wrist as the dino did the same.

“Wherever you want, baby,” Jonghyun smiled at the small petite girl and held her hand in his. Smiling up at him, Se Kyung leaned up against his arm and pointed to the Ferris wheel, lit up with hundreds of bright round lights, spinning slowly across the sky. Key stiffened slightly as he looked up at the tall structure. High, moving, high, shaky, only two people to a seat, high, dangerous….high. There was no way he was riding that tall death trap.

Key looked at Jonghyun and his date. ‘He would surely ride with her..I would ride by myself.’ Goosebumps quickly covered his limbs head to toe and Key could feel his heart race and pound in his chest as if it wanted to escape the ride as well.

“You guys go ahead..” Key smiled nervously and scratched the back of his head. “I’ll just entertain myself by the fair games or something.” Jonghyun’s face dropped, forgetting about Key’s fear of heights.

“No, I don’t want to leave you out, Key. Se Kyung –” the puppy turned to the girl on his arm, “is it okay if we do that later? We can go try to win some prizes before all the good prizes are gone.”

“But I wanted to go on a ride.” Se Kyung sighed impatiently. “Let’s go on the rollercoaster.”

Pulling Jonghyun’s arm toward the ride, the petite girl pointed to the series of cars and screaming people at the edge of the park. Jonghyun stumbled toward her and looked longingly at the coaster.

Key noticed the familiar puppy pout he knew so well and swallowed nervously. He didn’t want to ruin Jonghyun’s night and he knew the idol wouldn’t want to go on it if Key didn’t. and he definitely didn’t want to give Se Kyung the satisfaction of winning.

Looking up and down at the coaster, Key took a deep breath and forced a smile. “Good choice, noona. Let’s go get in line!” Se Kyung whipped her head of long silky hair around to face the diva, looking puzzled. Jonghyun had the same expression.

“Umm.. Okay. Let’s get a spot.” Approaching the line, the dino turned toward Key with a worried look.

“Are you sure, Key? I thought you hated roller coasters.”

Key swallowed but kept his composure, “Well I guess I can’t really hate it if I’ve never given one a try..”

“Are you sure? You want to do this?” Jonghyun questioned him seriously.

“Y-yeah. I’ll be fine.” Key gave the puppy a small smile before Se Kyung pulled the idol toward the line.

“Come on, Jonghyun-ah! He said he’s fine, let’s go!” she whined impatiently.

Looking back, Key could see the concern in his best friend’s eyes, “Really, Jjong. I’ll be fine.” Key gave him a reassuring smile and pushed him forward. “Let’s go!”

Jonghyun soon lost his worries and happily pulled Se Kyung and Key toward the line of riders and used their passes to get through the V.I.P. line. Passing many people as they climbed the stairs, Key kept his eyes ahead of them. He didn’t want to know, how far up they were. Getting to the front of the line, the idol’s face started to whiten and his breath started to quicken.

‘Stop, Key. It’s just a ride, it’s just a ride. There’s nothing to worry about.’ The normally proud and unafraid diva tried to calm himself as the trio prepared to enter the coaster. Jonghyun and Se Kyung chose the front car and Key followed in the seat behind. His hands trembled as he fastened the seatbelt and pulled the safety bar as close to himself as he could. The couple laughed ahead of him and Jonghyun whooped in excitement.

“Here we go!” Jonghyun laughed happily and Se Kyung smiled with him. The girl then looked behind the seat and glanced at Key’s frightened state.

“Are you okay… Kibum?” She asked politely and innocently. Key saw right through the act and took a deep breath before rolling his eyes.

“You can stop the act, I’m not stupid, noona.”

Smiling, the girl’s pretty smile curled into a smirk. “Good, it was tiring to keep up anyways.”

Suddenly the car lurched forward, causing Key to grip the handles fiercely and gasp slightly.

Se Kyung laughed with Jonghyun before looking back in Key’s direction as the car made its way up the ride’s steep climb.

“Have a nice ride, Kibum.”

Not even caring of the y response, Key kept his head forward, straight and stiff.

‘Don’t look down. Don’t look down. It’s not that high up. I’m just on a little ride. It’ll be over in a second.’ He panicked as they reached the top, revealing the entire park and all of the houses and people below.

‘.’

The coaster rolled over the top, plummeting towards the Earth with screams and laughter of the passengers. Key tightened his grip on the handlebars and screamed bloody-murder as the coaster quickly sped down the track, flipping upside down and around every which way. Tears flew from his tightly scrunched up eyes as he cried with terror. His screams were swept away from the idol as the coaster quicken around its loops. Jonghyun laughed and raised his hands up in the air, screaming with excitement. Se Kyung clung to his side and shrieked happily along with him, both having a great time.

‘Why why why why why why..!!’ Key panicked inside and saw the end rushing his way. With a large jerk, the coaster slowed to a gradual stop with its passengers laughing with huge smiles filled with adrenaline. The diva’s hands stayed clenched around the handle, unable to let go. His face, drained of its usual vibrant color, had been covered in tears, swept away in the wind. All that could be seen was the trails that the moisture left behind. His slender limbs trembled with fright and more tears threaten to fall.

Jonghyun smiled happily and felt his hair with his hands and Se Kyung laughed at the slight Mohawk the wind had caused.

“That was so fast! I’ve never rode anything like it! Oh my gosh! My hair is standing straight up!” The idol giggled and kept rambling on and on of how fast the coaster was. Se Kyung laughed with him and glimpsed at Key, behind them. Grinning at the sad sight with satisfaction, she turned back to join the puppy in his excitement for the coaster.

Finally stopping, passengers quickly poured out and made their way to the exit. Key quickly forced his trembling figure to step out of the car and to the railing. Looking down, the diva almost had another heart attack. The exit contained five long flights of stairs before reaching the safety of the ground.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung, swept away in the crowd of exiting passengers, had already gone down a flight before Key, laughing and asking aloud what ride to go on next.

‘Good riddance. M-maybe, they will forget I’m here.. Then I won’t have to g-go on anymore rides,’ Key trembled as he made his way down the stairs, trying his best not to look over the edge. Finally reaching the bottom, he met the couple waiting on a bench, giggling and laughing. Jonghyun’s head perked up at the sight of Key and got up to meet him.

“How did you like the ride, Kibummie? Wasn’t it fun? It was so fast!” Jonghyun grinned but soon his face fell after seeing his best friend’s state. “Are you okay?”

Key quickly wiped his eyes and bit back a sob. “I-I’m fine. Just don’t feel good..All those loops and that.. I’m going to go use the b-bathroom.” Covering his face with his sweatshirt sleeve, the diva quickly walked past Jonghyun and towards the restroom sign by the ticket booth.

“Wait, Key!” Jonghyun called after him but Se Kyung pulled at his arm. “Jonghyun-ah! Let’s go on another one! He’ll be okay.” Smiling up at her boyfriend, she batted her eyes playfully. Frowning, Jonghyun gently removed her arm.

“I’m sorry, Se Kyung, I have to go see if he’s alright. I’ll be right back.” He turned away from the girl to follow Key but again was stopped by the girl’s protests.

“Jonghyun, he’s fine. I really want to go on the Ferris wheel with you. Why don’t we go while we wait for him?” She suggested.

Jonghyun turned around to face her, getting annoyed. “I’m not going to ditch him, Se Kyung. It’ll only take a minute.”

“I guess he’s more important than our date then, huh?” the girl frowned disapprovingly, giving her boyfriend a pissed face.

“I didn’t say that. Don’t put words in my mouth. What’s the big deal with seeing if he’s okay? Why is that such a problem?” Jonghyun returned the look angrily.

“This is supposed to be OUR date. I don’t even see why you brought him along! He’s obviously afraid of heights and this place is full of rides like that! Now he’s just delaying our time together and I don’t feel comfortable with him around. Can we go and have some fun without him?” Se Kyung complained loudly and impatiently, folding her arms annoyed.

Jonghyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing. ‘Leave Key? Out of the question. Why would she even–’

“I’m not just going to leave him crying in the restroom, Se Kyung. It was my fault bringing him on a ride like that. I’m not just going to ditch him. Why would you ask me to do that?” Jonghyun approached her confused and hurt.

“He’s ruining our date! That’s why! He can’t go on any of the rides here because he has a childish fear and I don’t want my night to be crappy!” She retorted, anger rising in her voice.

“I invited him here because he is my best friend. Do you really expect me to ditch him? Is that the kind of person you think I am? Would you do that to one of your friends?!” Jonghyun snapped heatedly.

“None of my friends are gay! So no!” Se Kyung’s hair whipped violently as she spat the words toward the idol.

Jonghyun stopped, shocked and appalled by her words. “He’s not–”

“You honestly can’t see it, can you?” Se Kyung sneered, “I see the signs, Jonghyun. I’m an expert with crushes and relationships. It’s plain as day. And it’s disgusting.”

Jonghyun stopped for a second before biting his lip in anger.

“You’d better leave, Shin Se Kyung. I can’t have a relationship with someone that disrespects my friends like that. You’re not the person I thought you were. I’m disappointed.” He turned and started to briskly walk toward the ticket booth.

“We’re done.” Jonghyun stated darkly as he left the angry teen.

Rolling her eyes, the girl turned the other way toward a booth where some friends were playing a ring toss game

“You’re not even worth my time then. Caring for a gay boy. Disgusting.”