Look at Me

Look at Me

Taemin stepped off the plane and stretched his toned, slender arms into the air, letting out a sleepy yawn as he balanced on his tiptoes. As he breathed out, little clouds of air lingered in the cold air before disappearing into the sky. Scarce little snowflakes fell here and there, one landing gently on Taemin’s nose, leaving a tiny wet droplet.

“I don’t think that plane ride was long enough…” he mumbled groggily. Minho smiled and pulled Taemin’s beanie down by the puffball, covering the younger’s eyes as walked on in front of him.

“Hey!” Taemin protested with a laugh and pulled it up a little bit, shyly peeking a glance at his boyfriend before sprinting a bit to catch up him.

“Don’t you think a two hour nap is enough? You fell asleep right before we took off,” Minho chuckled heartily as Taemin stuck his hands in his pockets and pushed by him teasingly while mumbling excuses about how the elder takes up most of the bed and snores at night as they walked into the airport full of flashing cameras and fans.

“Gosh, they’re so obvious,” Key groaned, rolling his eyes as he stepped off the plane after Onew. Taking out his black sunglasses, shivers climbed up his neck as a warm tunnel of air blew in his ear, making him jump forward with a small shout.

“You mean like you two?” Onew laughed in amusement at the two. It was a funny sight to behold: the elder flinching with a childish grin on his face as Key complained and hit his arm. ‘Yeah, Key can’t say anything against those two. They’re just as bad.’

“Hurry up, lovebirds! We left Taemin and Minho to fend for themselves!” he called as he fixed his snapback on his forehead. The fans weren’t horrible in the airport usually, but there was always that handful that decided to get a bit too close.

“Coming!” Jonghyun chuckled as he placed Key’s sunglasses on the younger’s face before grabbing his arm to catch up with Onew who had already opened the doors to go inside.

“You put them on weird!” Key complained as he rearranged them on his face while Jonghyun pulled him along. The doors opened and an eye blinding amount of flashes and squealing fans filled the airport. The squealing Key could deal with, but the flashing cameras usually created blind spots that covered his vision. Hence, the sunglasses~

 

--

 

“Loosen up a bit more.”

Minho bent over exhausted, putting his hands on his knees for support. The group had arrived in Japan a few days before the concert to prepare and practice, so when Taemin offered to help the elder polish up his dancing, Minho was more than happy to take him up on it. That is –before he knew he’d be spending five hours in the practice room.

“I thought you were tired,” Minho panted, wiping the sweat off his forehead. If this session didn’t end pretty soon, his legs were going to fall apart.

“Well, I’m awake now,” the younger smirked happily, “Now loosen up. Your movements are still too stiff.”

Minho sighed and rolled his eyes, “These pants are too tight to be as loose as you want me to be, Tae. And that isn’t going to change on stage. If I go all out like last time, they’re going to rip and I’d rather not deal with that again.” Taemin grinned as he circled his hyung, taking in his perfectly defined thighs and the long legs attached to them.

“I honestly don’t see the problem, hyung… I think coordi-noona did just fine with the dress choice,” the younger bit his lip and flipped his eyes up at Minho suggestively, making the elder groan in frustration.

“Min, don’t.”

“I don’t know what you mean~” Taemin sang playfully, loving to tease the elder a bit.

Minho sighed in slight frustration, “Don’t make me come over there, Tae…”

“Fine~” Taemin hummed with a smile, “Let’s take it from the top.” Flipping on the music, the beginning of Breaking News poured out from the speakers for the umpteenth time that day and Minho quickly got into position. 

The music started quickly and Taemin observed with a keen eye as Minho’s hips swayed dangerously in front of him. He could see the elder’s thigh muscles ripple with every movement he made and the younger couldn’t help but stare with a smile.

His movements were swift and fierce, yet Taemin could see that the rapper was starting to loosen up a bit more, his transitions becoming smoother. Seeing improvements, Taemin had already decided that Minho was prepared enough for the concert tomorrow night but decided not to say anything. Why not have a little fun first?

He waited a few seconds before smoothly joining Minho in the routine. Taemin matched the other’s moves like clockwork, smirking his way as their feet danced across the floor. In a transition to change positions, Minho felt the slight caress of the younger’s fingers slither across his waistline and glanced behind him, meeting a playfully, hooded gaze of the other.

The rapper rolled his eyes with a slight smile but continued with the song. He kept his eyes focused on his reflection in the mirror in front of him, determined not to let the younger distract him.

‘Ah,’ Taemin thought mischievously, ‘a challenge~’ Spinning into another formation, Taemin let the white wife-beater strap slip from shoulder, exposing his shoulder. He could feel the elder’s gaze run up and down his bare skin and smirked with satisfaction. ‘Sorry, Minho, but I’m winning this one.’

‘That’s cheating,’ Minho grumbled to himself, trying his best to ignore the younger’s temptations as the said brat broke formation to sway his just out the elder’s reach.

Taemin turned his head to the side, giving Minho shamelessly hooded glances as he dragged his slender fingers down his neck. Minho shut his eyes tight and silently groaned in frustration as he turned to dance the other direction. Taemin chuckled to himself as he continued to dance around him. He was impressed with him though, he didn’t think the elder would be able to stay focused.

Soon the last notes of the song rang out throughout the dance room, and the pair started to spin into their ending poses, breathing hard. On the last beat, Minho stuck out his arm and grabbed the younger’s waist, pulling his little frame close to his own.

“Little ,” Minho chuckled as he captured Taemin’s lips, trailing his fingers down the younger’s toned arm. Taemin smirked into the kiss, scraping his teeth across Minho’s bottom lip before pushing back just as fervently.

“Yeah, but you love me anyways~” he mumbled, glancing up at the big doe eyes looking back at him. “You wouldn’t have put up for me for five hours if you didn’t…” he trailed off with a smile.

“Damn straight.”

 

--

 

Limbs sprawled across the mattress and light fluffy hair mussed in a mountain of pillows, SHINee’s leader enjoyed a few hours of alone time to nap. The next couple of nights rest wise was going to be few and Onew wanted to take advantage of a few hours of the rare free time. He smiled in his sleep, breathing shallow. His tired body just seemed to melt into the mattress and he just couldn’t get enough of it.

Suddenly the ringing of his phone echoed throughout the room, causing the elder to stir awake, his hand blindly searching the bedside table for the source of the noise. Grabbing the phone, he slid his thumb over a few buttons and raised it to his ear.

“…Hello?” he mumbled, his voice muffled slightly by the amount of pillows by his face.

“Good afternoon,” a soft voice chuckled in reply. “Did I wake you?”

“Oh! Joon… Nah, I was awake.” Onew sighed sleepily as he stayed lying in his nest, smiling all the while.

The elder laughed warmly, “I can leave you sleep if you like, Jinki. I know the next few days for you are going to be rough.”

“I’d rather talk to you, hyung,” Onew’s heart fluttered a bit as he yawned. It always did when the vocalist used his real name. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” Joon’s voice softened. “I wish I could be at your concert.”

Onew laughed, “You’ve been to a few already, Joon!” If you came to every single one, you’d be broke. Besides, you have your own schedules and I’m pretty sure that this weekend is going to be streamed online.” He slowly his side and adjusted the phone against his ear. “Thanks for caring though,” he said quietly.

“The last one I went to was a while ago though… but yeah, I’ll be watching the online stream.” A comfortable silence fell between them, both enjoying the other’s company. Onew had to hold back a chuckle when he heard a muffled sneeze from the other end.

“Bless you.”

“Thanks,” the vocalist sniffled, “It’s a little dusty in the room here. Anyways… are you holding up okay? Things between your boys were starting to get complicated last time we talked…” Joon commented, a hint of concern in his voice.

Onew smiled, his heart fluttering a bit. No matter how stressed or chaotic Joon’s own life was, he always made sure to check in on him and make sure he was okay. Onew loved his boys and they were like family, but sometimes the amount of schedules and idol things he had to take care of became stressful for him. Being a leader meant being everyone’s rock of stability, and sometimes he felt like he didn’t have anyone to be his. Joon’s been his good friend for a while, and even before they started dating, the vocalist was always there to ask him how he was doing and to let him let loose his worries and anxiety.

‘I’m so lucky to have you in my life.’

The leader smiled warmly, “Yeah but it’s okay. It may be complicated … but it’s the good kind.”

“I’m glad.”

Onew could almost hear the gummy smile on his face and closed his eyes to picture it.

“Thank you, Joon,” he whispered, cradling the phone in his palm against his ear.

A chuckle made its way through the line. “Thank you? For what?”

“For loving me… for being you.”

“…God, Jinki don’t say things like that. It makes me want to buy a plane ticket to see you and kiss the hell out of you and you know my wallet can’t handle it,” Joon groaned with a slight whine in his throat. Onew laughed at this and could just imagine the elder groaning into a couch cushion.

“I’m really tempted to say it and tell you to do it anyways…” he teased, “I could always kick Minho and Taemin into Jonghyun and Key’s room…”

“Jinki if you don’t stop, my finger just might slip and click on this plane ticket order I have right in front of me and then I’ll have to live on cheap ramen packets until Christmas.”

“…Why would you need ramen when you have me?” Onew smirked, knowing full well that he’ll have hell to pay later.

“…Jinki, I swear to GOD-”

Onew laughed warmly and sat up in the sheets, hair mussed for miles. “Okay, okay… but I really do mean what I said, Joon. Thanks… for always checking up on me. It means a lot. Knowing I have someone I can lean on… I… really love you, you know…” He felt his face warm up and bit his lip.

 

“… it, I’m eating ramen until I die.”

 

Onew’s eyes went wide and quickly grabbed his phone with both hands, “You didn’t really just buy a ticket, did you?!”

“It’s done, Jinki. It’s done and it’s all your fault-”

“JOON!” Onew protested with a whine, “You can’t just-”

“It’s done! It’s done! I’m grabbing my jacket, I have a bag packed, I’m already out the door –TAXI!” Joon shouted away from the phone.

“OH MY GOD, JOON.”

 

--

 

Jonghyun looked around at the thousands of empty seats in front of him. It was crazy to think that in a few days, all of the seats would be filled to the brim with eager fans waiting to see them. Even after as many concerts as they’ve had, the fact that so many people loved them and paid to see them was just mind boggling. Just thinking about it gave him excited goose bumps.

“Do I have to do it again? I thought I landed it pretty well that time…”

The puppy looked behind him to see Key sadly looking at the floor while one of their choreographers talked to him. Sighing, Jonghyun hopped up the stairs onto the stage area to join them. Key had been practicing his entrance on platform that makes each member pop up on stage, like they all do before every concert. And like most concerts, Key needed the most practice with it beforehand because of his fear of heights. It’s not that he didn’t want to do it, but being propelled into the air tended to scare him, causing him to not stick the landing and fall which was something they all wanted to prevent. So, practice was necessary…

Jonghyun placed his hand on Key’s shoulder and pulled him into a small side hug. “What are you having trouble with?”

“He’s tensing up while he’s in the air, causing him to lose his footing when he lands,” stated the choreographer. “It’s better than when we first started but we don’t want him stumbling off stage. It’s pretty narrow here…” Jonghyun nodded and glanced over to see Key biting his lip as he stared off to the side.

“Can we have a 10 minute break and we’ll try again?” Jonghyun asked, a pleading look on his face.

“Good idea. Go take a walk.” The choreographer walked back towards main stage where other staff were setting up.

 “Come on, Bum.” Jonghyun led the younger in the other direction off stage to wander near the seating. Key walked into one of the entrances to the stadium and sat on the floor, leaning up against a wall.

Jonghyun knelt down in next to him, “You okay?”

Key sighed with frustration and finally looked up at the elder, teary eyes meeting his. “No,” he sniffled. “It’s always like this. I spend a ing hour trying to do this damn jump when it only takes the rest of you ten minutes and… I just… It’s stupid! I can do it, I just…”

Jonghyun softly kissed his cheek and took his hand in his. “It’s not stupid… You’ve been getting better with each concert, Key. You’ll get this.”

“I was able to ride a freaking ferris wheel! A scary ing ferris wheel but I can’t even jump a few feet into the air!” Key grumbled sadly. Jonghyun slid down the wall to sit beside him and ruffled Key’s hair.

“Key? You were in a box that was secure and you were with me. This is entirely different and you know that… But you’ve got this. Just breathe and calm down, okay? Clean slate,” he smiled softly.

Tears fell from Key’s eyes as he smiled with irritation and pulled his hand away from the other, “That’s easy for you to say! You did it perfectly! You do everything perfectly and I always up and telling someone to calm down is the worst thing you could do like why would you even–”

Jonghyun quickly sat up and knelt forward to capture Key’s lips, most likely to shut him up. He knew that it was terribly cliché, but hell, whatever works.

The elder kissed him hard and passionately, scraping his teeth along Key’s bottom lip. The younger’s eyes were wide with surprise but soon responded back with the same amount of passion. Soon, Jonghyun left his lips to leave little kisses down his jaw line before going down his neck. Key shoulders slumped against wall, closing his eyes as he melted at the touches.

 “You need to relax…” Jonghyun whispered softly between kisses. He smiled at Key’s state against the wall and lightly kissed his plump pink lips again. “Clean slate, okay?”

Key opened his eyes again when he realized that the vocalist wasn’t going to take their “fun” any further and pouted. “That was unfair.”

Jonghyun chuckled, “Got you to calm down, didn’t I?” He stood up and reached out his hand to help the younger to his feet. He wrapped his arms around his waist and stood on his tippy toes to leave a soft kiss on Key’s nose, making the other giggle.

“Ready to try again, Bum?”

Key sighed and smiled in defeat, kissing Jonghyun’s forehead.

“Fine.”

 

 

--

 

 

Key could hear the loud excited chatter of fans and remembered how many seats the stadium held, making his stomach flip at the thought. Tonight was the first night of their Boy Meets You Tour in Japan and hell was he nervous. It didn’t matter how many concerts the idol performed, his stomach would always fight butterflies before each one.

And now here he was: sitting crouched down in position under the stage, waiting for the first song to start and his queue to be ready to fly into the air. He could see the others being escorted into position before the lights turned off, Onew smiling at him in encouragement as he passed by.

Key closed his eyes and took a deep breath, calming himself down. ‘Relax. Clean slate.’

Suddenly the lights went down, causing the fans to erupt into in comprehendible cheering and his eyes shot open.

A staff worker near him smiled and whispered, “Fighting!” and Key smiled softly back her and held up his fist in response. Then the introduction to the song started, the stadium getting louder with each note.

One.

Key heard Taemin’s platform fly up on the right side of the stage and heard his voice echo throughout the stadium along with more high pitched screaming of fans. His heart beat a little faster.

Two.

On the left side of the stage, Onew’s platform released. Getting closer to his turn.

Three.

Jonghyun’s next. Key heard his platform fly him up onto the stage somewhere behind him. More screaming. ‘Okay, Key. You’ve got this. You can do it.’

The staff member gave the signal and Key prepared himself, bending his knees and taking a deep breath.

Four.

The button was pressed and Key felt himself flying through the air and he was suddenly met with bright lights and thousands of screaming fans. He landed on his feet with a thump and stuck the landing. ‘ yeah.’ He thought as he sang his line. He thought something was weird though: the fans were still screaming.

The idol turned to his left and was met face to face with a smirking Jonghyun, which surprised him a little. That’s not his spot.

Suddenly, Minho popped out to his spot on center stage and sang his line, queuing the rest of them to make their way over to him. Jonghyun smirked at him and on beat, they both made their way to start the show.

Key smiled with happiness as they joined the others, all singing their hearts out and hitting all of their marks perfectly. The butterflies in his stomach weren’t as apparent as before but were still there. This was like any other concert they’ve performed. Yet something was different. They were different; different from the last time they performed.

Glancing over at Taemin and Minho, they both looked excited as hell and he could see that they had both changed. Their eyes sparkled more and their smiles were more genuine.

Switching positions with Onew, Key could see his expression as well. Who knew his sunshine smile could become brighter?

Now on his left, Jonghyun was already looking at him. Key could feel his loving stare from a mile away and couldn’t be happier. Life was perfect for the time being. They were surrounded with fans and people that loved and supported them. His friends were happy. He was happy.

Key smiled back at the puppy and stuck out his tongue at him before skipping to his next position.

The best part was that out of all the eyes that were on him tonight:

 

He was looking at him.

 

 

 

Fin.

 

 

Author’s Note*** Okay, guys! It’s finally finished! I am so sorry that it took so long and that the last chapter came out of nowhere but I’ve been struggling to finish my last years in college and balancing my social life and it’s been impossible to find time to write. I hope that the wait was worth it and that you will forgive me for being on an almost year hiatus ;; <3