He knows..

Look at Me

Key smiled warmly as he cooked supper, the smell filling his nose. He swayed back and forth to the soothing sound of his IPod. Honey L. Days always calmed him and put the idol in a good mood; especially The Meaning of Happiness. Looking out the window at the rain, watching the perfect droplets fall and cover the world like a blanket.

“Ame ni nureta.. Kami mo sonomama ni …” Key sang softly. “Tameiki … Sameta supu to .. kimi no negao ni .. mata sukuwa reta yo-”

He stopped and smiled to himself, his face turning a slight shade of pink as he pulled out his ear buds.

“How long have you been standing there, Jjong?”

“I was hungry, and whatever you’re making smells good.. since when did you sing Japanese while cooking? Mainly you stick to Korean,” Jonghyun inquired as he joined the younger in the kitchen.

Key continued to stir the stew but blushed after a quick realization.

“It’s May Un Tang. And.. how would you know? Unless you’re always watching me cook, you wouldn’t have such knowledge, would you, hyung?”

Jonghyun stopped in horror, recognizing his mistake with a red face. Scratching his head nervously, he plopped down on a stool by the island table across from the rapper.

“Umm.. never mind about that. How’s your…er, head? Any pain today?” the dino reached for a glass of water and raised it to his lips.

“No. It seems to be fine today.” It has been almost two days since Key returned to the comfort of the idols’ dorm. He reached up and moved the hair in front of his face, slightly brushing the wraps that surrounded his head.

It stung a bit in random spurts, but he wasn’t about to tell the dino that.

“That’s good.” Jonghyun swallowed and rested his head on the cold surface of the tabletop. “Is dinner done yet?”

Key smirked cockily, “Shouldn’t you already know that answer? You were standing there long enough to know.”

“Y-yah! I get it already! I’ll just leave!” Jonghyun quickly stood up with a pink face and started to retreat to his room.

“..I never said that, pabo,” Key muttered as he added a few more spices and turned the stove dial to low. Setting the glass cover over the stew, he opened a cupboard and took out five bowls.

“Where are you going, hyung? It’s food time!” Taemin bounded in past Jonghyun happily at the familiar sound of clanking bowls.

“Froggie! Onew hyung!” Key called loudly as he sat out chopsticks at each placemat. Taemin hopped on a stool as Key poured him a bowl and passed it to the eager maknae.

“Yummy! Sweet and spicy!” Taemin dug in hungrily as Minho sat beside him and patted his back.

“Hey now, slow down. It’s not going anywhere,” he chuckled. Onew sat on the younger’s opposite side and held his bowl out to Key. Filling his bowl and passing it back to the elder, Key nodded in return to his ‘thanks’ and did the same for Minho. Jonghyun grumbled as he took his place next to Onew and held his bowl out to the diva.

“Why didn’t you just say it was almost done?” he pouted.

“Why didn’t you just wait ten seconds like a good boy?” Key smirked and gave the irked puppy-dino his bowl before filling his own. Sitting next to Jonghyun, Key smiled as he ate, perfectly well knowing that the idol was still pouting.

Onew ate quickly and wiped the broth from his upper lip before placing his bowl in the sink.

“Delicious, Key! Oh, and Jonghyun? I have somewhere to be right now, so I need you to help him with changing the gauze today. Is that okay, Key?” Onew asked as he shrugged his jacket over his shoulders.

“Thank you.. and yeah. That’s fine,” Key smiled nervously.

“Make sure you take your medication tonight, Key! Don’t forget!” Onew called as he shut the door.

Taemin slurped up the rest of his bowl and wiped his mouth on his sleeve with his other arm holding out his glass.

“Banana milk, please?” Key sighed and took his glass to the fridge, taking out the carton.

“I don’t see what you see in that stuff, Taeminnie,” Jonghyun commented with a mouthful.

“Gross, Jonghyun. Swallow first, you piggy,” Minho gave him a disgusted look as he brought his bowl to the sink.

“It’s good! And I like it.” Taemin stuck out his tongue at the dino as Key handed his glass back to him.

“Rude. I am not a pig, Froggie,” Jonghyun retorted as he swallowed.

Key took the dino’s bowl along with his own to the sink and started to load the dishwasher. “I’d rather be a Froggie than a piggie, Jjong.”

Minho chuckled and ruffled Taemin’s head as the younger finished his drink and headed to the couch. “Wanna play Brawl, Minnie?”

“Hell yeah! And this time, I’ll kick your !” Taemin clanked his glass down and jumped over the couch to grab a controller.

“Yah! Walk around next time, Tae!” Key warned as he turned the dishwasher on.

“So when am I helping you with your stuff?” Jonghyun asked.

Key blushed, “I don’t know. Whenever, I guess.”

“Tell me what to do.” Jonghyun let his forehead drop and rest lightly on Key’s back, causing goose bumps to run up the diva’s spine.

“Well first, wash your hands. I’ll get the gauze from the bathroom.” Key started to move away from Jonghyun and the dino stumbled forward. Grabbing the extra gauze, Key turned to see Jonghyun walking toward him with wet hands.

“Jonghyu- YAH!” He turned his face away as his hyung flicked water from his fingertips into Key’s face.

“Haha! Ohh, that never gets old,” Jonghyun grinned cheekily. Key turned to face him and his feline eyes glared with annoyance.

“Oh come on, Kibummie! You aren’t angry with me over something like that are you?” Jonghyun protested lightly.

“Here,” Key handed him the supplies and sat on a stool next to the sink. “Please, be careful, Jjong.” Pulling at the hem of his shirt, Key bit on his lip nervously. Key may be in love with the dino but, Jonghyun was not the brightest idol in SM, nor was he the most vigilant.

“I’ll try my best.. Tell me if I hurt you, okay?” Jonghyun asked warily. The diva scoffed.

“Oh trust me, you’ll know.”

“If you say so..” Jonghyun anxiously unhooked the beige material keeping the fluffy gauze in place. He gently unwrapped it, gathering the long fabric in his fingers. After placing the wrap on the counter, Jonghyun took a deep breath and carefully pulled the edges of the bandage off Key’s scalp.

“Are you doing okay yet?” the dino peered at Key’s scrunched eyes. He nodded slightly and Jonghyun continued. Key didn’t want to see the mess that had formed on his head. He learned his lesson the first time Onew had helped him change his dressings. Key almost ended up damaging the other side of his face on the floor. The younger was not taking any chances.

Jonghyun threw the slightly red bandage into the garbage on his right and examined Key’s stitches.

'Not as bad as before, I guess,' Jonghyun thought as he wrinkled his nose. He felt guilty that he had caused this much damage with just one smartass remark.

“Your head’s a little red yet. Should I get a wash cloth?” he asked as he looked around the white bathroom.

“Umm.. There should be some disposable rags or wipes around here somewhere..” Key replied, still refusing to open his eyes.

“Ah, found them.” Jonghyun lifted some towels and pulled out the hidden rags. Wetting the rag in warm water, the dino softly dabbed the cut, causing Key to wince.

“I’m sorry,” Jonghyun mumbled as he concentrated on Key’s head.

“S’okay,” the younger bit his lip, in attempt not to make a sound. Jonghyun dabbed a few more times and then tossed the rag in the garbage. Grabbing another rag, he dried the area so that the bandage would not fall off later.

“Now what?” The dino tossed the other rag in the trash as well.

“Onew had a bottle of stuff he put on the cut before he wrapped me back up. I think it’s in the cupboard,” Key’s head throbbed. It wasn’t Jjong’s fault though. Any little touch made his head pound. Jonghyun found a container and carefully applied the sticky stuff before wiping his hands on his pants.

“That stuff is gross.”

“You’re telling me?” Key did his best to hide the pulse behind his eyes. Sarcasm was not going to get him far though.

Thankfully for Key, Jonghyun was too focused on getting the gauze bag open.

“I..hate …this bag.” He muttered before the bag ripped open and sent the gauze flying into Key’s lap.

“Nice catch,” he chuckled as Key’s face turned slightly pink.

“Here,” Key handed it back to him and the dino gently held the gauze in place as he positioned the bandage over the fluff. Binding the wrapping around Key’s head, Jonghyun hooked it in place and smiled, quite pleased with himself.

“Did I do it right?” he asked proudly. Key stood up and opened the medicine cabinet and took out a bottle of pills.

“Yes, thank you, Jjong.” Taking two tablets into his hand, he popped them in his mouth and took a drink of water before giving Jonghyun a small smile.

The idol frowned and put his hand on Key’s forehead. “Are you okay? You’re a little warm..”

“I should be fine.. Just a little headache,” Key moved Jonghyun’s hand from his forehead to his side, yet, never letting his hand go.

“Let’s go sit.”

Jonghyun held his hand and led Key to the living room where Taemin and Minho were sitting on the floor, playing Smash Brother’s Brawl. Sitting down on the couch, Jonghyun gently tugged Key next to him and he didn’t protest. Key’s head became heavy and rested on the idol’s shoulder, eyes becoming droopy.

Jonghyun smiled at the younger and pulled him closer, cheesy sound effects flashing from the screen. Key snuggled into Jonghyun’s sweatshirt and his breathing soon became soft and slow.

Taemin groaned loudly as Minho smirked in victory but Jonghyun shushed him, in an effort to not wake Key.

“Sorry!” Taemin whispered loudly and turned back to the TV screen. Minho laughed silently and the younger kicked him in response, tipping the rapper over on his side.

“Hey!” Minho yelled softly. Taemin stuck his tongue and leaned toward the game in concentration, pressing buttons furiously.

“It doesn’t matter what you do, I will win every time!” Minho chuckled evilly.

Jonghyun could feel his eyes growing heavy as he watched the characters hop and run about on the screen. He let his head rest against the couch and snuggled his arm closer to Key. Warmth emanated from the younger and he couldn’t get enough of him.

‘I love this. I wish Key would do this more often..’ Jonghyun thought as he drifted off.

Onew arrived home a couple hours later and was greeted by Taemin still groaning about how Minho had cheated. Not seeing Key or Jonghyun, the elder checked the bedrooms but their bunk bed was empty.

“Where’s Ke-” Onew started before Minho held up a free hand and jabbed the air toward the couch.

“Damn you, Minho!” Taemin roared quietly. The froggie laughed wickedly in return as Onew made his way toward the couch. He smiled at the sight and grabbed a blanket from a chair. Laying it over the two, Onew shook his head and chuckled.

“Key, I swore I’d figure you out. And I have to say, I have no idea how you kept it a secret from me all this time. I feel quite stupid but I know now. And if you don’t do something about “this” soon, we’re going to have a problem,” he whispered. Onew walked confidently back to his room but stopped in the doorway and turned his head with a smile.

“And that problem, is going to me.”

---------------------------

I'm sorry I took so long to update! T.T First year of college is kicking my and I don't have that much time to write! Please wait for me :) (You see I only write oneshots and things for a reason. With just one long story, I can focus all my time here :D ) Please comment and be paitent with me! College a major pineapple and I'm doing my best! I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as the others :P I tryed to put more 2min in there but I will make sure to accent their relationship alot more next time! :D I love you guys! Every view, sub, and comment makes me squeal with joy and usually puts me in a mood to write. If you need to ask why, ask another author because every author knows this feeling :3 Thank you! <3 <3 <3