Meddling

Look at Me

 

“Hyung?”

Taemin pouted as Minho’s eyes stayed glued to the television screen. Along with Onew, the boys had been playing video games in their bedroom for most of the day while Jonghyun and Key watched a movie out in the living room.

“Hyuuuung…” Taemin whined and leaned his head on the elder’s back, trying to get some sort of attention.

“What, Tae?” Minho answered, never pulling his eyes from the screen.

“I’m bored –”

“C’mon, Minho! Can’t you let me win? Even just once?!” Onew complained as Minho smirked in victory…again.

Taemin sighed loudly and poked Minho’s shoulder. “Hyung… I’m bored. Can we go do something else?”

“What do you want to do?” Minho turned around and smiled as the younger pouted cutely. That face was just irresistible.

Onew looked at the two and grinned to himself. ‘Meddle... or not to meddle. That is the question…’

“I don’t know… anything but this. My eyes hurt.” Taemin sighed as he lied on his side, looking up at Minho.

‘I’m meddling.’

“I’m hungry.” Onew announced. Getting up from the floor, the elder left the room and headed to the kitchen.

“Well, how am I supposed to entertain you if you don’t know what you want to do?” Minho chuckled at Taemin’s restlessness.

“Yah! What are you doing in the fridge?”

Minho and Taemin turned their attention towards the kitchen as an obviously angry Key could be heard scolding the elder.

Laughing, Taemin stood up and pulled Minho to the kitchen to see what all the commotion was about.

 

--

 

Onew cringed as SHINee’s umma jumped from the couch as soon as the fridge door opened with a slight squeak. ‘.’

“I’m going to making food in a few hours, don’t spoil your appetite!” Key scolded, joining the dubu at the fridge.

“I’m not hungry, just…go along with it, okay?” Onew whispered.

“What –” Key started before the elder quickly hit his shoulder with a concerned expression.

“Key, didn’t you promise me that you would make brownies later after supper?” Onew asked, a little louder than needed just as Taemin and Minho emerged from the bedroom.

“No… I didn’t – Yah!” Key rubbed his sore shoulder.

Just go along with it. I’ll explain later.” Onew hissed quietly.

Key’s eyes glared with pissed eyes as he slowly checked the cabinet for brownie mix.

Well Onew, we don’t have any brownie mix.” Key smiled with clenched teeth as Onew’s eyes pleaded for mercy.

“We don’t? Well….” Onew drawled out as he turned to Taemin, “Tae, would you want to go to the store and get some for us?”

“Uhhh… sure, hyung,” Taemin looked at Onew suspiciously before turning to Minho, “Do you want to come with me, Minho hyung?”

“Sure, Tae,” Minho smiled at the younger, “Go get your jacket.”

As Taemin slowly left the room, Minho turned to Onew and raised his eyebrow.

“If you’re making me go out in the cold because of your sweet tooth,” he paused, “Then you are paying for it.” Minho held out his hand as the elder dug in his pockets.

“Here.” Onew handed him some cash and the frog turned to grab his jacket.

“Oh, and Minho?”

Looking back at the grinning dubu, Minho sighed. “What?”

Don’t be a dino.” Onew smiled.

Minho rolled his eyes before following Taemin out the door, Onew swearing he saw the frog blush.

As soon as the door shut with a click, Onew clenched his eyes shut and tensed his shoulders, waiting for hell to freeze over.

 

WHACK

 

Onew’s head throbbed as Key’s palm slapped him…hard.

“That was for hitting me earlier. What the hell was that about?” Key scowled.

Jonghyun laughed from the couch, causing Key to turn his attention to the puppy that immediately pursed his lips and slunk down into the couch.

“Sorry…”

Onew chuckled at the cowering dog in the presence of Key’s dangerous diva mode, and took a few steps back as Key focused back on him.

“I see you’ve got your boyfriend well trained there, Key…” Onew smiled as Key’s face became flustered.

“Hey!” Jonghyun protested from the couch, “I am not trained!”

Onew laughed again, retreating from the kitchen and onto a chair in the living room.

“So you two are dating! I knew it!”

“Shut up! S-stop changing the subject!” Key crossed his arms and turned his head to hide his flushed face.

“So demanding…I wanted to get Minho and Taemin alone together. You happy?” Onew asked.

“Yah! I told you to stop meddling, you pabo!” Key protested as Onew just sat there smiling. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Jonghyun awkwardly scratched his head and cleared his throat. “Um… actually, I told him to stop meddling with us… and told him to meddle with… those two.”

Onew grinned as Key sighed and plopped down on the couch next to the puppy.

“You two are impossible, you know that?”

“Yes. Yes I do.” Onew chuckled happily as he grabbed the remote, taking the couple’s movie off of pause. ‘This is so much fun.’

 

--

 

‘Jinki is such an obvious ,’ Minho shivered, ‘Making me go out in this cold with a lousy excuse to get brownie mix when he obviously wanted to get me alone with Taemin.’

Glancing over at the younger, Taemin shuffled his feet in the small amount of snow sticking to the ground with his small hands in his coat pockets, trying to keep warm.

‘Doesn’t look like Tae knew any different,’ Minho thought.

As more snowflakes fell, the smile on Taemin’s face grew bigger and bigger. Minho grinned at the dancer as he tried to contain his excitement as they walked along.

“Tae, let it all out before you explode,” Minho laughed as Taemin let loose and danced around in the falling snow.

“I love snow!” he giggled happily as he twirled ahead of Minho. Looking back at the elder, Taemin smiled and grabbed his arm. “Come on, hyung! Don’t make me dance by myself!”

Minho stumbled forward as Taemin pulled him and locked their elbows, beginning to skip down the sidewalk.

‘I’d rather watch you but this is just as well,’ the rapper chuckled as they skipped, receiving confused looks from several people around the street.

Taemin laughed and his hair bounced up and down as the snow falling a little harder, making it a little harder to see. His eyes sparkled and his laugh rang like a bell. Minho couldn’t get enough of it.

“Okay, Tae! Let’s walk, I’m getting a bit tired.” Minho smiled as he slowed to a stop, pulling Taemin with him. Except, Taemin didn’t exactly slow down. Sliding forward, Taemin gasped as he flailed his arms in attempt to stop himself.

“Hyung!” Taemin pouted as he turned back to the elder, “Warn me next time!”

Minho chuckled and ruffled Taemin’s wet, snow-filled hair. “Sorry, Tae.”

‘Maybe Onew had a good idea after all…’ he smiled.

 

--

 

“Would Onew hyung like this one?” Taemin asked showing Minho the box of mix he found.

Minho chuckled, “I don’t think it much matters which one we get, Tae.”

“Okay!” Taemin joined Minho at the cash register as he paid for the box.

‘Onew hyung was a bit too obvious when he told hyung and I to go to the store but I don’t really mind,” Taemin thought as Minho handed him the plastic bag holding the mix.

‘It’s fun to be alone with Minho hyung, he’s so fun, and nice…besides other things,’ Taemin looked up at the elder cheekily as they left the store.

‘I wonder how Onew hyung knew I liked hyung…’ he thought as he shuffled through the slush.

“Tae?”

Taemin looked up to find Minho giving him a puzzled look. “Yes, hyung?”

“What are you thinking about? Looks like it’s really racking your brain,” he chuckled.

“Oh, nothing important,” Taemin smiled to himself. ‘If only you knew…’

“If you say so… We’d better get back soon, it’s getting dark and it’s snowing harder…” Minho furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up at the sky.

Grinning, Taemin looked up with him, “I hope it snows more. I want to make a snowman tomorrow. Make one with me, hyung?”

“Of course, Tae.”

As the idols walked, Taemin watched Minho’s head get covered in snowflakes and his face flush from the cold. ‘He’s so handsome… I wish I could be that cool looking..’

“Can you teach me how to be handsome, hyung?”

Minho turned his head in surprise. “What was that, Minnie?”

Taemin blushed and looked at his feet as they walked, “It’s just you’re really cool looking and I want to look handsome too.”

Minho paused a second before chuckling softly and wrapping his arm around the younger’s shoulder. “You look really handsome, Tae. More than you know. You don’t need me to teach you, you’ve already got that part down pretty well.”

Taemin could feel his face get warmer with every word Minho spoke and he leaned into the side hug. “Really?”

“Definitely.”

Smiling, Taemin looked up at the rapper, getting snowflakes in his eyes. “Thanks, Minho hyung.”

“It’s nothing but the truth, no need to thank me, Tae.” Minho laughed softly, giving him a little squeeze.

‘I wish I could tell the truth…’ Taemin bit his bottom lip. ‘But I’m too embarrassed. I wonder how Key umma got the courage to tell Jonghyun hyung…’

Then Taemin smiled and chuckled.

‘Maybe I’ll ask Onew hyung.’

 

 

Author's Note~ I'm so sorry for not updating for a month guys! As I said, college is a -cake and I just didn't have the inspiration to write and I really didn't want to give you guys a half-assed chapter :/ Thank you for waiting for me and I wrote a little over 6 pages as an apology! I really hope I don't wait this long again and if I do, I'll allow a couple of you guys to slap me lol This fic should be over in then next couple of chapters if I'm outlining this right and I really hope all of you will stick with me out until the very end ^_^ I love you my lovelies! comments are love~~♥♥♥