"Umm... Surprise?"

Look at Me

 

“Don’t hide your face, Key. I think it’s a good idea to finally resolve this drama.”

“It’s not a drama!” Key’s face flushed as Jonghyun continued to stare blankly in shock.

“Besides, I already know it was a bad idea because Jjong froze at the mere mention of it. Look! He’s petrified!” he cried.

Onew snapped his fingers in front of the idol, “Oi! Jonghyun.”

“Um…” Jonghyun’s face slowly turned a faint pink to beet red within a couple of seconds.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it, Jjong. It was just a suggestion…I- I’m going back to bed.” Key mumbled embarrassed, quickly covering his face with the blanket and rolled around with his back facing the two.

“Umm…” Jonghyun dumbly sat on the bed and Onew sighed.

WHACK.

“Owwwww… What was that for??” Jonghyun rubbed the back of his head and scowled at the elder who crossed his arms impatiently.

“You two are like middle school girls for Christ’s sake!” he rolled his eyes and sat on the end of the bed.

“But I don’t get it! …Why does kissing have to do with anything-” WHACK.

“What the hell, Onew?!” Jonghyun rubbed his head again

“If you would just listen, I was trying to tell you, you impatient dog,” Onew retorted, “Okay, now Key was saying that you could kiss him and see if you felt something to help you figure out your feelings. Make sense?”

“I …guess,” Jonghyun’s face turned a slight pink and scratched his head awkwardly.

“It was stupid. Forget it.” Key mumbled quietly from under his quilt.

“No, no… It’s not actually,” Jonghyun smiled sheepishly, “I think it’s a good idea…”

Key stayed silent under the blankets for a couple of moments before replying, “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, let’s try it.”

“… Not until Onew leaves.” Turning to their leader smiling evilly, Jonghyun pointed to the door.

“Out.”

“Oh, don’t mind me. You won’t even know I’m here!” Onew smiled and stayed put on the end of the bed. Scowling, Jonghyun rose from the bed and proceeded to pick the bunny up before bringing him to the living room. He threw Onew on a chair next to sleeping 2min and sighed.

“If you want to meddle, meddle with them. We don’t need your help anymore, hyung.” Jonghyun whispered with a grin before returning to their bedroom.

Onew sat on the chair quietly and pouted. “Awhh… I miss all the fun.” Glancing at the sleeping idols, the mischievous bunny grinned and plotted his next scheme.

“I guess I shall make my own fun then,” he chuckled.

--

Jonghyun returned to the room to see Key exactly where he left him: a bundle of blanket on the left side of the bed. He nervously joined him on the right side, sitting on the pillows cross-legged.

“So… how do you want to go about… doing this?” Jonghyun’s face again blushed a deep red. Key slowly sat up and flipped off the blanket before crawling over to the nervous puppy, sitting on his feet in front of him.

“I don’t know… whatever you want to do, I guess.” Key bit his lip uncertainly and fiddled with his fingers.

“Umm… you do it. I might chicken out,” Jonghyun chuckled nervously. Key laughed quietly and crawled a bit closer to Jonghyun.

“So… you’re sure about this?” Key asked softly. Jonghyun nodded, keeping his eyes down.

“Well first…” Leaning forward, Key tipped Jonghyun’s chin up. “It would help to look at me,” he smiled shyly.

Jonghyun could feel his heart beat faster and his face heat up as Key basically crawled into his lap. Closing his eyes, he felt his best friend’s soft lips capture his. Goosebumps crept up and down Jonghyun’s arms and his heart felt like it was about to implode in on itself. Seeing that he hadn’t pulled away yet, Key took a chance and deepened the kiss, slightly on Jonghyun’s lower lip. Before Key could wonder if he should regret the action or not, Jonghyun s his hands around the diva’s waist, pulling him closer. Key smiled through the kiss, happier than an Onew in an all-you-can-eat KFC buffet. Shyly breaking away from the idol, Key looked up at Jonghyun to see his expression.

Jonghyun breathed heavily, capturing oxygen for his needy lungs and smiled slightly.

‘Kim Kibum kissed me. He really kissed me. And I liked it,’ he thought, his heart fluttering obnoxiously. ‘So that means…’

“Jonghyun…?” Key looked at the puppy longingly, hoping to hear those long awaited words. But before he could respond, Key noticed how close their faces were and… the fact that Key was in his lap.

Key’s face heated up and deepened a ripe cherry tomato color. His eyes widened and almost bolted from the bed if it wasn’t for Jonghyun grabbing his wrist and pulling him back on his lap.

“…Where are you going, Key?” Jonghyun mumbled shyly as he captured Key’s lips, earning a gasp from the younger. It wasn’t as hesitant or deep as the previous kiss but… sweet and loving. Jonghyun smiled shyly and pecked Key’s cheek.

“Umm… Surprise?” Jonghyun nervously smiled and chuckled a bit as Key’s face reddened even more (if that was possible.)

Key felt his eyes tear up and hit the puppy’s arm repeatedly as the tears fell. “You jerk! You’re such a jerk, you turd!” Jonghyun held his arms down and hugged the younger, pulling him into his chest. Key sniffled and clung to Jonghyun’s sweatshirt.

“…You pabo.”

Jonghyun smiled with a sad and joyful heart and rubbed Key’s back in apology as the diva silently cried into his chest.

“I’m sorry, Key.”

 

----

Author's Note: Merry Christmas! I'm so sorry about how long I took to update and when I did, it's not up to my usual 5 page quota I usually post by. (T^T) It was around three.. But Final's week is over! I'm back home! And I'm on break until Jan 20th!! Woo Hoo! So I'm going to update this a lot more than I usually do in that time and it's gonna be awesome! I think this story is coming to a close though... Probably a few more chapters left.. I'm running out of ideas :( So if you have any ideas, I would be happy to hear them so leave a comment!! :D And critics! I love constructive critisicism! Leave a comment! And if you can't do either of those tings, FANGIRL! I love fangirling! Shipping JongKey is awesome so fangirl with me! :D Weeee!! haha! Merry Christmas, my lovelies! ♥♥♥