Prince Taemin

Look at Me

 

“Hey. Pssst… Froggie. Hey. Get up.” Minho groaned as a certain hyung’s finger poked his cheek repeatedly.

“Hyung, go away,” he grumbled tiredly. He had been sleeping quite comfortably and did not want to get up. But the annoying pressure continued to interrupt his peaceful rest, forcing Minho’s eyes to slowly pry themselves open to see a smiling Onew intruding his personal breathing bubble.

“If you don’t back up within the next two seconds, you are going to get a taste of my morning breath, hyung.”

“You and Taeminnie are going to mess your backs up if you two keep falling asleep on the couch like that.”

“Tae –what?” Minho sleepily turned his head to see Taemin snuggled asleep against his waist, again. The rapper slightly blushed and gently shook the boy awake, causing him to grumble ever-so cutely.

“No, hyung… Let me sleep…” Taemin whined and gripped his fingers into Minho’s sweatshirt.

“Come on, Tae… You can go back to sleep in your own bed. We fell asleep on the couch; you’re going to mess up your back sleeping here.” Minho mumbled, still trying to wake himself up. But Taemin’s grip only got tighter and became more stubborn.

“But, hyung! I wanna stay here with you, leave me alone… I was having a good dream…” Taemin protested groggily, his eyes clenched shut. And soon enough, the maknae was back in dreamland.

Minho’s face flushed red and looked to Onew for help. His hyung laughed heartily and sat down to watch the show.

“Don’t look at me, Froggie. Sleeping Beauty is your problem.” Onew grinned cheekily, enjoying the flustered mess he put Minho in.

“I’m not a princess, hyung. I’m the prince!” Tae pouted, scrunching his face up as his grip on Minho tightened.

“Yes! He’s sleep-talking! Let’s have some fun, neh?” Onew whispered happily.

“No, Onew… we really shouldn’t –”

“If you’re the prince, what does that make Minho?” Onew questioned Taemin with a smile. Minho stopped trying to pry the younger from his waist and paused to hear his answer.

“He’s my valiant steed, and I shall ride him off into the sunset to save the princess!” Taemin mumbled. Onew let out a snort and covered his mouth to keep himself quiet but failed to hide his amusement.

“Hyung, you’re nasty.” Minho threw a pillow at the elder but made him laugh even harder as his face flushed pink.

Biting his lip, Onew grinned again. “Tae, who’s the princess?”

The younger snuggled into Minho’s sweatshirt and smiled innocently.

“Key umma, of course.”

Now as Onew rolled around on the floor laughing, Minho himself couldn’t help but chuckle as well. The whole idea in general made for a funny scene.

“Just..imagine!” Onew laughed, trying to catch his breath, “Prince Taemin riding Minho, his valiant steed, to save Princess Key from who knows what! Oh God –I can’t breathe!”

“From Jjong the dinosaur…” Taemin mumbled, “I have to save Princess Key from the mean old dino.”

That did it. Minho was soon joining Onew in a loud round of laughter and hollers that shook the dorm. The picture was just too priceless.

“What’s with all the noise…? It’s only 7am…” A sleepy Key in his PJs dragged his feet into the room with Jonghyun wrapped up in a blanket behind him.

“Tae –is…sl-sleep talking!” he choked, trying to breathe. Jonghyun smiled and sat on the floor next to Onew, who was still rolling around like a retarded seal.

“What did he say this time?”

The elder got a hold of himself and stood up before the group with a slight smile as Key sat down on the other end of the sofa 2min was on. Gesturing formally as if Taemin was royalty, Onew took a deep breath and gave his best poker face.

“Prince Taemin the fourth is riding Minho, his valiant steed, off into the sunset on a most important quest to save the lovely Princess Key from the most terrifying and dreadful Jonghyun the dinosaur. He should be back in time for breakfast, so make sure there is some banana milk left in the fridge and we shall celebrate upon his return from Dreamland.”

“Pfffft!” Jonghyun laughed heartily along with Minho and Onew as Key sat there with a frown on his face.

“Why am I always the princess?? I’m manly enough!” he whined.

“Why are you out of your tower, Princess? The dinosaur will surely punish you!” Onew laughed. Jonghyun grinned and quickly grabbed the pink pajama diva and threw him over his shoulder.

“Hey! Put me down! I still haven’t forgiven you yet!” Key protested as he struggled to get away.

“Last night, I don’t think you had a problem with me at all…” Jonghyun grinned, slightly blushing from the memory.

“That doesn’t count! I’m still mad at you!” Key’s face flushed red and flailed his arms wildly as Onew chuckled along with Jonghyun on the floor.

Watching the scene, Minho wiped the tears from his eyes and looked down at the innocent maknae sleeping peacefully on his lap. Even in the early light hours, he managed to put a smile on everyone’s faces without even trying. Minho brushed the younger’s hair away from his face as the others loudly ran around childishly. He wasn’t even awake yet and Minho’s day was off to a great start. God, how he loved this boy.

…Wait. What?

Taemin slowly blinked his eyes open and looked up at Minho with a smile that made the rapper’s heart flutter.

“Good morning, hyung~”

Yeah. He loved this boy. He couldn’t deny that.

But Minho wasn’t about to admit that fact to anyone else…

 

--

“I really said that?!” Taemin asked embarrassed, as he sat at the breakfast table. His hyungs told him all about the shenanigans of the morning and he hid his face in humiliation.

“It’s okay, Taemin. Really.” Minho smiled in his chair next to him, “We weren’t really all awake yet, so we probably just made a big deal over nothing. We were more laughing at each other anyways, not you.”

“Thanks, hyung.” Taemin mumbled shyly, feeling a little better about it all. Minho-hyung always knew what to say.

Onew chuckled softly as he put his dishes in the sink. “I thought it was pretty funny.”

“You laugh at anything, hyung. So you’re opinion doesn’t count.” Key pointed out as he put the milk away and cleared off the table.

Smirking, Onew casually handed Key the eggs and elbowed him teasingly.

“So…What did happen last night, Key?”

Blushing, Key snatched the eggs from the elder and gave him a glare.

“None of your business, you weasel.”

Taemin looked from Jonghyun to Key suspiciously.

“…what did you do?”

“NOTHING.” They both retorted quickly, earning a snicker from Onew.

“That tells me just the opposite~” Onew sang teasingly as he quickly departed the kitchen before eggs started flying his way.

“But…” Taemin started before Minho covered his mouth with his hand.

Clearly, Taemin, nothing happened. If something did, I’m sure Jonghyun and Key will tell us in their own respected time. Okay?” Minho smiled and cleared his throat.

“Mmm hm.” Taemin answered muffled from Minho’s hand as he dragged him from the room.

“What are they hiding?” Taemin thought to himself. “They aren’t… together…are they?”

 

Author's Note~~

I am SO sorry for not updating as much as I said I would! I had a brain fart... ._. I know that's not an excuse but... that's all I got. So this chapter was more of a 2min fluff filler until I can figure out what to do with Jongkey so please bear with me! If you have any ideas, please let me know so I don't have to struggle with another update! I hate doing that... Hopefully, this one wasn't too bad. The next chapter will be longer and better, I promise! Comment please! They make me happy :3 And I'm going back to college this weekend cuz break ends Monday so it'll be harder to update with this new semester... give me hope and inspiration my lovelies! ..please? :D I love you~