"Don't leave me.."

Look at Me

“Please, look at me. Look at me the same way you look at her,” Key cried silently. He hid around the corner of the building, his back hugging the wall. Key sighed and looked to the heavens, wishing for guidance. Tears fell down his face as his back slid down the rough brick wall to the ground and buried his wet face in his knees.

Around the corner of the building stood Jonghyun, his arms wrapped lovingly around the waist of another. He whispered sweet nothings in her ear and kissed her neck passionately, while his band mate, best friend, and unknown lover wept. It felt as if Key was trapped behind a glass wall, forced to witness the torture of Jonghyun’s love being given away to another when his own heart ached for it so. But there was nothing he could do. Jonghyun loved her; therefore Key would leave him and his lover alone.

“If I make her leave, Jonghyun would feel just as I am feeling now. And I wouldn’t want anyone, let alone him, feel this way.” Key thought grimly.

Suddenly, he felt a vibration on his thigh. Key pulled out his phone and flipped it open. It read:

            Where are you? It’s getting late.

                                    -Onew

“I’d better get back,” Key mumbled to himself as he struggled to rise from the concrete. Then the familiar vibration of his phone moved in his hand.

            Bring Jonghyun.

                                    -Onew

Key sighed. Onew really knew how to get to him. He wiped his eyes and bravely turned the corner to see Jonghyun giving Shin Se Kyung a freshly picked rose. Key felt a strong wave of tears hit his eyes but quickly disregarded it.

“Jonghyun, miss,” Key gestured to the couple, “I’m sorry to intrude but I was sent to retrieve Jonghyun as soon as possible so I’m afraid your date will be cut short,” Key announced giving his usual fake smile.

 “Ah, it’s that late already?” Jonghyun exclaimed looking at his watch, “I guess I just lost track of the time.” He gazed lovingly at Se Kyung as she blushed and giggled.

Key struggled not to flinch at the needles that stuck his heart with every tender word spoken but he stood his ground, trying to be happy for the couple.

“I bid my lady farewell then,” Jonghyun kissed her soft cheek and smiled, “I’ll call you later!”

“Bye Jonghyun-ah!” Se Kyung replied as she flipped her long black hair and turned to what seemed to be her friends by a coffee shop. She walked gracefully, her skirt bouncing gently in time with her hair. Jonghyun watched her flounce away like he was under a trance, mouth slightly open and eyes soft. Key sighed disapprovingly and snapped his fingers impatiently in front of Jonghyun’s dazed face.

“Hey, lover boy, Onew’s waiting for us. You can stare all you want tomorrow.” Key teased.

“Ah, you’re just jealous, Kibum,” Jonghyun laughed as he pushed his arm playfully.

“You really have no idea..” Key thought as he walked beside him. Suddenly, a shadow dimmed the two as they walked, making their long shadows disappear. Jonghyun looked up at the darkening sky and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Looks like one heck of a thunderstorm..” Key frowned. That’s exactly what he wanted on top of his headache: rain.

ShhhhHHHHHHHHH..!!

“Let’s make a break for it!” Jonghyun yelled as he flipped his hood up and firmly wrapped his fingers around Key’s petite wrist. Running down the sidewalk, the rain started to pour and soaked them from head to toe in a matter of minutes. Key’s wet hair stuck to his face annoyingly as Jonghyun pulled him along laughing all the way.

“What’s so funny?!” Key yelled as he squinted to see through the rain. Jonghyun looked back at him and just chuckled as he continued to sprint in front of him. Key felt his face get hot and smiled shyly through his soaked hair. When the idols reached their dorm, Jonghyun let go of Key’s wrist to catch his breath under the protection of the doorway. Key leaned against the wall to rest and glanced at his crush. Droplets of rain fell from Jonghyun’s bangs to the carpet, his chest rose and fell to fill his needy lungs, and his sopping wet shirt clung to his skin, enhancing his already muscular figure. Key’s cheeks burned slightly as he looked Jonghyun over head to toe. Jonghyun then looked up and a cheeky smile spread across his face.

“What’s so funny?” Key inquired as Jonghyun chuckled to himself. He turned to the window and in doing so, a dripping, wet, mussy-headed face looked back at him. Key again felt heat rise up his cheeks but then turned to Jonghyun and ruffled his wet head.

“You look just as good, Jjong,” Key smirked and pulled out the key to their dorm room.

“Oh shut up, Kibum,” Jonghyun laughed as he followed the bumbly diva into the hallway. Key shut the door and peeled off his heavy, wet shoes. Jonghyun did the same and the two met an impatient Onew in the dining room.

“Where have you two been?” Onew asked as he rose from his chair.

 “I did was I was told, Jinki,” Key replied smoothly, “I returned the playboy back as requested, it wasn’t my fault that his girl stunned him with a flick of her skirt-”WOMP. Not only did Key’s hair stick to his face but now a soaked, wet, gray sock did too, thanks to Jonghyun.

“That’s disgusting, Jjong!” Key playfully whipped the sock back at the short idol and flinched when it hit his face with a slap.

“Cut it out, you’re getting the floor all wet!” Onew grabbed the gross sock from Jonghyun’s hand.

“Oh, you’re only mad because you had to order pizza since Key wasn’t home to cook.” Taemin laughed as munched on a half eaten piece of pizza. Minho quickly walked in after the younger, grabbing the back of his shirt.

“THAT-is mine, Taeminnie, get your own.” Minho remarked as he plucked what’s left of his dinner out of Taemin’s fingers.

Key chuckled and grabbed a piece from the table. As he munched, Jonghyun joined him as they watched SHINee’s maknae jump and struggle for his stolen prize. Onew glanced over the two and saw that Key and Jonghyun were still dripping all over the floor.

“You two are getting the floor all wet, go change before you both get sick,” Onew ordered.

“Just a second, I’m hungry!” Jonghyun rebelled as he got comfortable on a nearby chair. Key smiled, but feeling slightly chilled, went into the bathroom to change into warmer clothing.

Peeling off the sodden shirt and drenched pants, Key changed boxers and grabbed a towel from the cabinet. He then kicked his wet pile of fabric in the corner of the bathroom and ruffled his dripping hair with the towel.

“Hey there, y,” a teasing voice broke the silence and as Key looked up to see the voice’s owner, the puddle from the wet pile of clothes caused Key to slip backwards.

“!”

Key slowly opened his clenched eyes and winced from the throbbing of his head and the cold feel of the tile floor on his back. When his sight cleared up, a worried Jonghyun was staring back at him.

“Are you okay, Kibummie?” Jonghyun asked. Key blushed at the short distance between their faces but it was soon forgotten by the sharp pain on the back of his head. Reaching for the sting, Key pulled his hand back when he felt a sticky wetness on his fingers. Jonghyun yelled for the others as Key struggled to comprehend the blurry red spot on his hand. For Key, time moved slowly and blurrily around him. He felt someone touch his head and apply pressure, causing him to wince. Suddenly, a wave of sleepiness passed over him but as his eyes slowly shut, a voice desperately commanded him to stay awake.

“Who .. is talking to me?” Key thought, “Eh.. I’m tired..” He tried to close his eyes again but again heard the voice.

“Stay awake! Don’t fall asleep Key! Stay with me!” Key struggled to hear the voice, for it was slowly fading from him.

“Don’t..go away. I can’t hear you.. Don’t leave me..” Key mumbled groggily. A hand clenched his in desperation and his sight slowly went dark..

“Don’t leave me… Jonghyun.” Key thought.