It's Good News

The Other Side

 

I had no sympathy left for Paul as I see him trying to lug twenty odd shopping bags around the mall, seeing as I was holding at least half that amount myself. And I wasn’t even getting paid for it. Minzy and Jessica were truly going insane, and the both of us became their victims. I get the broken heart behind Jess’ shopping spree; Minzy however arrived here already frustrated for reasons still unknown. Incidentally, the fact that they had similar tastes and mutually encouraged each other to purchase items made everything so much worse.

“If we go into one more store, I’m going home,” I threaten once we went inside the umpteenth clothing shop. My sympathy, patience and physical stamina can only take so much. The two girls just look at each other and then they tell me to find a nice café to sit down in. Silently, I sigh to myself and do as I’m told. On an outdoor table, with an iced latte in front of me and bags littered around my feet, I take in the warm sun and imagine myself having brunch with Ji Yong; which was where I was supposed to be. I miss mornings without him, I realize, and then decide that a phone call would have to suffice for the time being. He answers on the second ring.

Your car’s going to stay with me for a little while longer I’m afraid.”

“Why?”

“We all decided to go shopping with Minzy and I don’t think they’re going to stop anytime soon.” I hear him groan.

“Minzy came? But you’ve finished, right? Then you come home!”

“Is this because you want to see the car or me?”

“I want to see you in the car.” I try to stifle my laugh. He should really get paid for his smart words. Oh wait, he already is. Turns out Minzy gave up way before Jess because I see her approach me with some frozen yoghurt in her hands, looking like she’s about to collapse.

“Is it oppa?” she mouths to me and I nod.

“Minzy came back, I’ll see you later,” I tell him then hang up. I notice Paul is sitting in the table beside us, carrying a few more bags to add to the little collection around my feet.

“Shopping in LA really is best!” she exclaims, then takes a huge sigh of relief before sinking back into her seat.

“You really went crazy today or is this normal for you?” I ask her. After glancing around at all her newly bought things, her face suddenly registers how excessive it all was.

“I went a little crazy didn’t I?” I’m guessing that was a rhetorical question.

“Is something the matter?” I was getting a little worried, she looked both mentally and physically exhausted. Minzy appeared conflicted for a moment and then looks up at me.

“Unni, just, don’t be too surprised, okay? Nothing’s happened yet so take this news with a grain of salt.” She takes a deep breath. “Young Bae oppa came here mainly to talk to Ji Yong oppa, to convince him to come back and go on stage as Big Bang again.”

“Really!?!?” I say, a little louder than expected. This is so exciting! “That’s amazing news! They really deserve to return…But then what’s with your sad face?”

“Ji Yong oppa hasn’t agreed yet.” Oh. And then it hit me. This is big. This is really big, and this news is going to affect him and ultimately, us as well. He would be leaving me.

“No wonder his phone’s been ringing all this time. Everyone would be frantic if the leader hasn’t said anything. What about Kang Daesung-ssi?”

“Daesung oppa is fine now. He’ll definitely come back if Ji Yong oppa does.”

“But why isn’t Ji Yong agreeing?”

“Unni, I know I’m going to put you in an uncomfortable position by saying this, but Young Bae oppa thinks it’s because of you.” My first reaction is to shake my head. No way. I mean sure we have something good going on, but we weren’t in that deep, were we? Jess’ return cuts our conversation short. A part of me was thankful that she came just at that moment because I really had no idea what to say. I don’t even know if I had the right to say anything. We spent the rest of the day sightseeing in LA then ate dinner at a Spanish restaurant before parting ways. By nine at night, I had driven Jess home, convinced her to finally talk to Grey, and am now in the basement car park at Ji Yong’s apartment just sitting silently in the Bentley. There were a lot of thoughts spinning in my head all evening long. I wasn’t sad, I was actually thrilled for him if anything, but then what would happen to us? Are we just going to break up, and happily go our separate ways? Although Ji Yong is a composer in his own right, I know his skills deserve to go beyond just being the man behind the singer. I just want him to go back on stage, I realize. He belongs there as much as, and maybe even more than, he does in the studio. It’s that simple. Even if it wasn’t, I’m going to make it that simple. Then I recollect my thoughts for a minute. That stupid man had kept me in the dark all this while. He didn’t even say a word to me about this or the calls he always gets, and I was too foolish to even ask. Was he just going to up and leave one day? Or was he thinking of playing the noble idiot and rejecting Big Bang without telling me? Suddenly I start seething. This isn't what you're supposed to do when you're in a relationship, we had always been honest with each other. He was so going to get it from me today. With that resolve, I head upstairs into the apartment.

Ji Yong is lying on the couch with his arm covering his eyes when I open the door. Considering he didn’t notice my entry, I guess that he’s sleeping. Quietly, I place my bags down and walk over to him before clambering on top of the couch and straddling him.

“Wake up,” I tell him. My arms are crossed as he uncovers his eyes and sees me sitting on top of him. From the cheesy grin he gives me, he knows I’m pissed.

“You’re totally pretty today. You know I have a thing for girls wearing jeans and a white T-shirt right?” I feel my face redden. And no, it’s not from my anger which has basically dissipated by now. All I had left in me was a huge sigh, which I let out. I lean forward and move his hair out of his face before giving him a long kiss. I really did miss him.

“When were you going to tell me?” I finally ask him. When I see Ji Yong’s face harden, I lie down on top of him and hug him tightly. “Why did you think you had to keep it to yourself, Ji Yong?”

“Because I knew what you were going to say,” he says, his tone now serious.

“And what would I say?”

“You’d tell me to go.” No, don’t go.

“I would.” Don’t leave me.

 

AN: New chapter, please enjoy! Thanks everyone!