It's An Innocent Love

The Other Side

 

“Young Bae-ah!” Ji Yong calls out, and the both of them get up from their chairs to warmly greet us. Tae Yang and Ji Yong does what appears to be a long-awaited man-hug, and Minzy bows a little to me, which I return.

“Oppa, it’s been so long,” Minzy finally says, hugging Ji Yong as well.

“Really long, you’ve grown up so much in a year, Minzy. You’ve become so much prettier!” Minzy beams. I can see why Ji Yong looks at her as such a precious little sister; she’s all kinds of sweet in personality despite developing a more femme fatale appearance. The chubby cheeks I use to see in photos had disintegrated into an elegant jawline framed by sleek, long black hair. She was wearing a dress with a blazer hanging of her shoulders, which I’m guessing was Tae Yang’s.

“She was pretty before as well,” Tae Yang reminds him, glancing at Minzy. She blushes and playfully hits him in embarrassment.

“This is Erika,” he introduces me, “Erika you obviously know Young Bae and that’s Minzy. Minzy-ah she’s your unni, so treat her well.”

“It’s really nice to meet you,” I say, honestly a little star struck.

“Call me Young Bae oppa. Now that I’ve finally met you, I know why Ji Yong can’t stop talking about you,” Tae Yang quips.

“Obviously the idea of secrecy has no meaning to you. I bet you told people about her.”

“Just the members and obviously my girlfriend.”

“And I told all the unnis,” Minzy adds. Ji Yong groans.

“Great. When things reach Dara and Bom nuna’s ears, it basically means the entire company knows,” he tells me.

“Should I be worried?” I ask and he shakes his head.

“They haven’t met you yet and you’re on the other side of the world, so you’ll be fine. But they’re going to try squeeze out info on you from the three of us,” Tae Yang points out, “Texts, calls and face time. You name it.”

“The person that stole Ji Yong oppa away. You’re very famous over at YG, Erika unni. I was really curious.”

“Not as much me. Ji Yong wouldn’t even drop a hint at me about you, Minzy. I wanted to strangle him all week. It’s really nice to put my imagination to rest,” I explain.

“It’s true. I had to bribe her to shut her up.” I choke on a little of my wine when I think back to what that so-called date bribe had turned into. Ji Yong smirks cheekily beside me.

“Funny Ji Yong, you’re totally hilarious,” I say sarcastically.

Why, what did he do?” Tae Yang asks, interested.

“Got her this dress,” he calmly says. I couldn’t help but scoff at the save; what a liar.

“So he tells me that you’re here to meet up with a choreographer,” I ask Tae Yang, trying to change the topic of conversation.

“Yeah, I’m meeting up with one of YG’s old choreographers for new routines and training, so I decided to take Minzy with me.”

“Young Bae stop using dance as an excuse to meet up with her, it’s getting old,” Ji Yong jokes,“You know, hyung freaked out on me when he found out it was only the both of you coming. When he said you should start dating, I really don’t think he envisioned someone from the same company.”

“Seriously? He said we were cute together,” Tae yang mentions, pouting a little.

“But how did it happen? I mean wouldn’t it be weird since you guys basically grew up with each other?” I question. They both smile at each other.

“It wasn’t weird,” Minzy says.

“I thought it was weird.” I glare at Ji Yong, signalling at him to shut up. I was in the mood to listen to a love story. Our dinner, consisting of an assortment of steaks with their usual accompaniments, came as they began to narrate how their recent feelings for each other began to develop. It was a simple and innocent happening of two people who had always just been together, but never really got to know each other. Once their group activities began to dissipate and the two started more solo activities, they spent a large amount of time in the dance studio helping each other out, until one day Tae Yang had the courage to just ask her out.

“It took him a while. I was sending oppa all sorts of signals,” Minzy tells me, “I mean two people spending that much time in a room, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.”

“Give me a break,” Tae Yang says, “It was the first time I’ve done something like this.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; he was still single all this time?

“True, Young Bae is all naïve when it comes to love. The both of them practically are which is why we’re all worried. It reminds me of high school love,” Ji Yong comments.

“I think it’s a good thing,” I say, “Love doesn’t have to have experience to work; maybe that innocence and naivety is what makes the both of you so well-suited for each other.” Minzy looks up from her food at me.

“I like you unni,” she suddenly says, cutely grabbing my hand. I grin back at her.

“I think we’re going to be great friends,” I say happily, and from the corner of my eye I see Ji Yong shake his head in amusement.

“Is this how girls make friends so easily? By complimenting each other?” Ji Yong asks.

“I like you as well Erika,” Tae Yang suddenly adds on, grabbing my other hand.

“Ya! Young Bae-ah!”

“It seems you’re the only one that’s not in the Erika Lee fan club, Ji Yong,” I say, raising my eyebrow at him.

“I’m like the freaking club president!” he exclaims in frustration and we all laugh at his childishness. Despite reeking with crazy charisma and charm, I had never met such simple and down-to-earth people in my life, and I was glad to say that at the end of dinner, I had found two new friends who I could instantly feel comfortable around. Tae Yang and Minzy were clearly infatuated with each other despite still being in the rather shy stage of a new relationship. It was so refreshing to see that beneath all the burdens of their fame, they were still able to maintain such sweetness, and just simply like each other. The night began to grow and a slight wind had picked up, unsettling the tablecloths. Considering our practically bare attire, the boys decide to relocate to a movie theatre for a late night show, as apparently it was something that they always used to do back in Korea. Ji Yong and Young Bae fight with the bill for a little while, and once one of them pays, we move into the Bentley and drive into town, girls cosily in the backseat gossiping. Tae Yang’s bodyguard/chauffeur/manager for the period of his stay follows behind us in an SUV.

AN: Enjoy the chapter! I'm having a little writer's block so any story suggestions are greatly appreciated. =)