Lee Taemin and His Secret Room

My Life As A Butler [HIATUS]

This is the re-update chapter of the one AFF deleted. Apparantly, I didn't save the chapter, so I had to type it all over again.. T^T BUT!!! I HAVE ADDED SOME SCENES AT THE END, SO MAKE SURE YOU READ IT!!! Kamsahamnida!

 

I hope you enjoy reading it~~

______________________________________________________________________________________________

No one's POV:

 

"A new butler?" He asked as he adjust his spectacles causing some light to slightly reflect on it.

"Yes, Sabumnim hired him. What should we do, Jaejoong-oppa?" The maid told.

"Well..." Jaejoong uttered as he his chin.

"As the head butler, I am aware that we need a sucessor for Heechul but... What kind of person is he, the boy called Choi Minho?" He questioned Yuri.

"Um.. Well.. Let's see.." Yuri look up at the room's expensive renovated ceiling to think of the right words for describing Minho.

"He chased a car which is driven 80km/h on a bicycle a still caught up with it. Then he got hit like trash by it and was still fine~" Yuri explained simply making what she said sound very normal.

Jaejoong didn't respond at all. He was just staring at Yuri as if she was some sort of alien or something. He actually wondered whether this lady was tricking to mess him around but he knew that Yuri was a very loyal worker he as long as he could recall, she had never lied. The taller male took a deep breath and asked,

"Yuri.. What kind of creature is he?"

"N-No.. He's actually human."

"Never! Mythical creatures are not fit to become the Lee's butler! Send him home!"

"Yes..but.." Yuri tried to explain the situation but been cut off by the head butler.

"Anyways, I'll be back the day after tomorrow. Use that time and get rid of him. I'm counting on you!" He ordered then left without another word.

 

This capable hottie is in a pinch...

Because she can't do it.

 

Yuri's POV:

 

The boy who carried the burden of his parents huge debt, attempted to kidnap a rich boy for ransome money...

 

But that rich kid... Misunderstood it for a confession of love.

 

One thing led to another, and that kidnapper saved the boy. The younger boy gave the kidnapper a plce to stay in his mansion.

 

And the only person who knew about their understanding is...?

 

Why am I the only one who knows?

 

24th December at night,

 

Even if I want to stop those two.. The problem is..  HOW?

 

And those two are...

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No one's POV:

 

"Only three people live here?" he asked in a surprise tone, but his face emotionless.

"Yup. This is only secondary residence, it's really small." Taemin paused to take a sip of juice from purple straw, then continued.

"We don't need that many employees..."

"This place is small...?" Minho asked, emphasizing on the five-letter-word with sarcasm.

"Yup. I like small places, it makes me feel at ease." the younger answered, not sensing Minho's sarcastic voice.

"I see.." Minho sipped his drink.

"But having only a few people here makes me kind of nervous." he told his 'master'. Minho noticed Taemin's confused face.

"You see.. No matter how big or small this place is, living under the same roof with such a cute person.. Yeah.. That makes me nervous.." he explained.

Taemin's face was begining to turn pink when he told Minho, "Don't say such things.. It embarasses me too.." he whispered the second sentence.

"A-And even if we're under  the same roof, i-it's not like we're sleeping in the same room... And well, people will be walking in and out of the mansion, s-so.. Being alone is.. I-I mean.." he sttutered.

"See? It's really nerve-recking. Staying with someone as pretty as Yuri." Minho stated to Taemin with a smile.

Apparantly, Taemin didn't reply Minho's charming smile like he always did.

"What. Did. You. Say?" His 'master' was now glaring.

"Eh? What I said? Um.."

"I'LL SAY THIS NOW, IF YOU EVER LAY A FINGER ON YURI-NOONA, KILLING YOU JUST WON'T BE ENOUGH." he stated firmly while Minho just gulped.

"I'LL USE MY 48 MURDER TECHNIQUES AND 52 SUBMISSION MOVES CONSECUTIVELY. THEN, A ROLLER FROM HELL WILL TURN YOU INTO MINCE-MEAT." Minho didn't really understand the roller from hell thing but he was smart enough to understand his master's order. Although he was shocked to see the adorable and kind Taemin become this scary, he still dared to speak.

"But..." Minho tried but was cut off by Taemin.

"Shuush!! I'm going to bed!" he headed towards the exit of the room.

"Prepare yourself." were the last words Taemin uttered threateningly before leaving the room.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

No one's POV:

 

The next day..

 

"Well.. Well.." was all that Minho said when he saw his reflection on the mirror. He was wearing a white long-sleeved buttoned shirt with a plain black vest covered with an expensive coal-coloured coat finished with the similar colour bow tied on his hard collar. The pants he wore was made out of some kind of material that he didn't even know. He could swear that he was now wearing the most comfortable pants in his life. His shoes were made from crocodile-skin match with white socks.

"How's the size?" A voice asked. Minho was so proud of how he looked till he forgot he was also in the room with someone else.

"It fits perfectly." he told Yuri with a thank-you smile.

"That's good to hear. I spent all night altering it." She replied his smile with hers.

"Yuri-noona.. made this?" He questioned curiously.

"Well then, let's begin with our work." She told him and headed out the room, totally ignoring Minho's question. Minho didn't know whether she heard his question, so he wanted to ask again. But he chose to keep silent and follow her instead.

"So, what kind of work I'll be doing?" He asked his workmate as they walked down the hallway.

"Since it's the end of the year, absolutely everything has to be cleaned."

"Jaejoong-oppa told me to get rid of him... but it's not easy at all." Yuri thought.

"Cleaning, huh? I guess I can do that much. At least, I must get fired. If I get fired, I won't be able to pay off the debt and not to mention, I'll be homeless too.." Minho was also thinking.

"If those shark loans catch me.." He thought hard and could imagine the faces of the three shark loans that chased him saying 'All your organs belongs to us!!!'.

"I RATHER DIE!" he shouted mentally.

As usual our hero is in despair...

Yuri stopped in front of a large door. She was about to give it a knock when the door opened and comes out a baggy-shirted boy.

"Ah.. Good morning, Sabumnim." She greeted him with a bow. Minho was always impressed by how Yuri could be so casual and at the same time so respectful towards her master.

"Oh, good mornin', noona." Taemin replied slowly because he was distracted by how handsome Minho looked in his new butler outfit.

Minho wanted to be a loyal and respectful like Yuri, so he too bowed and greeted his master politely. However, Taemin didn't bow and greeted him back like how he did to his maid. Instead, he walked off saying, "Well, I'll leave the rest to you.. Don't go anywhere near my room."

"It feels like.. He's gotten cold out of a sudden.."

"Um.. Sabumnim can have some mood swings sometimes."

"Well, whatever happened, I'll get him to trust me by working hard!" Minho stated confidently as he grabbed the cleaning utensils and dashed off to god-knows-where.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No one's POV:

"I shouldn't have done that.." Taemin thought as he threw his body onto a couch. The door of the living room opened up and Yuri was standing there, holding a mop in on hand and a pail of lavendar scent multi-cleaning liquid.

"Eh? What are you doing her? I thought that you'd be in your study at this time of day.." She questioned.

"Something was just bothering me.. Anyways, where's Minho?" Taemin tried to change the subject.

"He's helping me clean. Seems like he's really in to it."

"Mm. Just don't let him anywhere near my study... D-Did he say anything about me?" Taemin asked as a pink shade of blush covered his cheeks.

"'I'll do my trust to regain his trust' or something like that.." She answered continuing to mop but stopped when she heard her cute master sighing.

"Well, if there's anything bothering you, I think it'd be best to talk to him directly.." The maid suggested.

"I-I see!!! Talking to each other is the first step!" Taemin said as he got off the couch excitedly.

"Nae, especially the two of you.."

"Well, I'll go and talk with Minho-hyung!!!" He told Yuri not letting her finish her sentence and ran to find his 'first love'.

"...are in a huge misunderstanding.." Yuri monolouged.

"Yuri-noona!!! I'm done cleaning up the room!" Minho barged in the room.

"Did you not see Sabumnim?"

"Ani.. Wae?"

"Oh, it's nothin.." She wondered how they could not noticed each other on the way but turned her attention of what Minho said earlier.

"But, it hadn't been an hour.." She stated, knowing that no one could clean that fast.

"I just wanted you to check whether I was kepping up with the standards."

"Oh, about the standards.. You have to be really careful-" her sentence was hung and she froze like ice when she opened the door.

 

It was sparkling clean.

 

"It's kinda.. really clean..." She muttered, amazed by the boy's talent.

"Seriously?" The boy question happily.

"Even the minute details... Very thorough.." She thought as she dragged her index finger on a window pane and then rubbed it slightly against her thumb, not finding any dust on it. She walked around the room examining it. Then, she noticed the shiny door knob. Minho saw Yuri having an interest on the door knob and told,

"That door knob is silver, so I polished it with silver duster." Yuri just looked at him.

"For this bronze statue I used brass brush to get the dirt off. Then, I washed it with dilute detergent and finished off with wiping it using a damp cloth.." Minho said as he pointed at the tall statue.

"The carpet is made of wool, so using hot water is out of the question. As for the hair, add a little salt to detergent and cold water. Without degrading the colour, carefully and gently-" Minho stopped when realised Yuri was staring at him.

"Um.. Did I do something wrong?"

"Ani.. You just surprised me, Minho-ssi.." She shook her head and continued.

"Actually, I'm in awe..You're really good in cleaning."

"Thank you, noona.." He replied in a formal way, bowing slightly.

"I was actually anxious, whether these invalueble items had some special standard.." He said again.

"No, everything was done correctly... You're quite educated about such things."

With a pathetic smile, Minho told,

"Since I was 8, I had to lie about my age and got a job on cleaning. Just so I could cover my parents' alchohol expenses.. So in reality, cleaning is my specialty." Continueing with his cleaning.

"Well if that's the case, can I leave the other rooms under your care?" The maid asked.

"Yes, gladly!" He answered before he carried his cleaning tools and headed out.

"I got praised.. I'll do my best to clean!" He thought as he rushed to the other room.

"Mianhe, Jaejoong-oppa... I have no reason on getting rid of Minho." Yuri thought as she walked down the hallway.

"Not to mention, I forgot to tell him about Taemin-sahbamnim's study room. I wonder if that's alright.." She mumbled to herself.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm lost again?" He monolouged, his voice bouncing back because of the echo.

"But this place is really huge, just how many rooms are there? And yet again.. Another new room.." He muttered as he entered the room. The room was not THAT big compared to the other rooms in the mansion. It had a large wooden table with a dark brown leather rolling-chair near it. Three shelves all filled with books arranged according to its name. On the table laid a lamp, few stationeries scattered everywhere and a light pink hard cover book.

"Is this master's notebook?" He picked it up the book at flipped the pages open.

"T-This is..

 

 

"A picture diary?" He thought.

 

It's manga.

 

"Oh no! I-I looked at soemthing private!! I-If Sabumnim finds out-"

"Yah.. Why are you invading my privacy...?" A voice from behind asked.

"Sabumnim?!"

"What are you- That's my-"

"D-Don't worry! I didn't really read your picture diary!!!"

"P-Picture Diary?!" Taemin repeated, sounding offended.

"N-Nae, wae.." Minho doesn't  usually stutter, but he was at the verge of getting fired, of course he was scared!

"PABO!!!"

"E-eh?"

"PABO PABO PABO!! HYUNG PABO-YAH!!!" He screamed as he pushed Minho out of the room.

"Sabumnim.."

"Get out! I don't care about you already!! Y-You don't understand my feelings..! J-JUST GET OUT ALREADY!!!" Taemin scream in tears before slamming the door. Minho din't go inside and comfort him. He was not angry at Taemin at all.. He understood that this was all his fault.

"That was probably one very important picture diary.."

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Minho's POV:

I looked up at the mansion's large gate for the last time.

Goodbye, my peaceful days..

It was a short while, but I had a really nice time..

I let out a pathetic followed by a smile as I turned around, then I saw..

"Yo, Mr.Choi. We finally meet."

It was them. Yep, them. The exact three faces in my mind a few hours ago were now standing right in front of me.

"Hello.." I uttered calmly.

"You know what to do, right?" one of them asked.

"Of course.." I replied and went in their car obediently.

What's the use of running when I have nowhere to go?

 

What Minho didn't see was Yuri saw the whole thing from a window above..

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

No one's POV:

 

"Is that really alright?" Yuri asked her master who was drinking hot cocoa.

"What is?" He asked after he took a sip.

"Minho-ssi really left."

"H-Huh?" he stuttered. He placed his mug on the table and went up to Yuri.

"Andwae! I told him to get out of the room, not the mansion.." Taemin explained.

"Well.. H-he left and.. the loan sharks took him.."

"Wh-What?" Taemin asked shakily, at the verge of tears.

"It's because of me..." He thought when he felt guilt taking over his body.

_________________________________________________________________________________