A debt

My Life As A Butler [HIATUS]

Minho's POV:

But all I was to find was a note saying

 

"Sorry~ We'd thought we doubled it at the casino, but looks like we failed...

-love mom"

 

I shook the envelope, not believing that my salary is already gone. I heard rattling and a few coins dropped out from the envelope.

how can I live with only 12 won?

I stood up lazily. And then something caught my eye. It was another envelope.. A snow white envelope sticking on the window. Written on it with rough brush were three words.

 

"Minho's Christmas Present"

 

seriously? My parents gave me that?

"Ah.. Jinja? A Christmas Present for me?" I asked practically no one. I talk to myself a lot, so you should get use to it. I reached and grabbed the white envolope. I opened it eagerly and found 2 sheets of paper. I started to gain back my calmness and read one of the paper slowly.

at first, I didn't understand what was written in there.

there were 2 papers. A copy of a letter and a copy of an I.O.U

"What is this? An I.O.U?" I looked through the paper once again. "Hundreds, thousands, ten thousonds, millions... 156, 804, 000 won?" i read aloud.

Below the large amount was written:

 

"Mommy and Daddy have to go somewhere for a while..."

"Wait.. Don't tell me..."

"Work hard and pay it back, nae? :)"

 

santa left me with a debt.

 

"What?!!! No way!! How they end up with such a huge debt anyway?!"

"sorry we suddenly caught the gambling fever~"

"PABO!!!" I screamed my lungs out.

"but we can't help it. What is done is done. Your savings were not enough to cover the debt. We were quite perplexed about it, so we came up with an idea."

"An idea?"

"we decided to sell our son! ;)"

BWOH?!

And that's when I heard a loud bang on the door.

oh, so I did close the door ._.

"Yah! Mr. Choi! We're here to pick up your son!!!"

this got to be a dream.

"Yah!! Open up!!! I know you're in there because I heard you shout!"

I have to escape.

I jumped out from my house by the window. Again, I ran. I can hear heavy footsteps not far behind me. I dashed to god-knows-where. I just want to get out from their sight. I don't even care on where I would end up.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"! That brat got away."

"I don't care. You two go and get him."

"Yes, sir!"

"Steal. Kidnap. Do whatever it takes to get him. And remember, if you don't find him, I'll sell your organs instead of his..."

"N-nae!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"*pant* *pant"

somehow, I managed to escape..

...and ended up far from home.

For a person like me to come up with one hundred and fifty million quickly is....

to commit kidnapping or a robberry.. Besides, I don't have any reliable relatives and I'm not that close to my friends... If I don't get the cash, I'll probably be found by those loan sharks or just freeze here to death. That's it! I'm gonna steal or kidnap.

Suddenly, a voice in my head said, "but believe the earnest and serious people have the last-"

"WRONG!!!" I cut.

"Only the cunning ones will survived!!! I've been working hard for so long but nothing good ever happens to me!" I said as my breathing gets heavier.

I reIaxed when I saw a boy, probably about my age. He was dressed in a light purple tuxedo attached with a dark purple bow. His straight, slightly long, red hair shines under the moonlight. By looking at him, you could bet that he's fairly wealthy. I have to admit this boy -has- a very pretty and feminine face. But, looks really frustrated, standing infront of the vending machine.

Hehe... Target locked.

While I was busy planning on ways how to kidnap him, a dude came out of no where and went to the rich kid.

"Hei, you're cute. And alone on Christmas Eve's? Come with me and we'll have fun.." He muttered to the younger boy with a smirk.

What he had said caused the boy to back off. Something clicked in me as the boy winced when that drunk-looking man grabbed his wrist.

"KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!!!" I yelled as I punched him really hard.

I guess I was angry that he stole my target.

His face started to bleed and he just stared at me.

"Those who have homes should go home at once!" I growled.

The man just went off, walking in zig-zags since his head still wasn't free of alchohol.

"G-gomawo..." A completely beautiful voice uttered. I turned to look at the owner of the soft and delicate voice. He was standing there facing me with the cutest smile I have ever seen. His cheeks red due to the coldness, I guess. His two hands playing with each other indicating that he is a very shy person. I completely froze. And couldn't stop staring at one of god's most beautiful creation.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Thank you so much for subscribing and I really enjoyed reading your comments! Pls comment on what you think of this chapter. Don't be afraid to inform me about my mistakes or ways how I could make it better.. Kamsahamnida! *bows*