Question

My Life As A Butler [HIATUS]

Yo people! Surprised with the talking tiger? Yeah, it’s a fanfic, so it’s up to me to decide on what to write~ Anyways, my apologies for not updating for SUCH a long time *bows*

 

Enjoy~~

____________________________________________________________________

 

4 pm

27th December

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

Holy shiz. I’m bored…

I sat on my large chair near my study table, thinking on what to do.  I looked up at the ceiling that had some detailed carvings at the corners. I let out an exaggerated sigh and let my eyes travelled around my bedroom.

My eyes landed on the books I had on the shelves. Should I study?

Nah.

What’s the point? Exams are like a piece of cake. Besides, 97% of the books on that shelves are mangas and it would be a miracle if Lee Taemin actually revises at home. Seriously, revising can be a waste of time, why do people do it?

My eyes wandered again and this time it landed on my studying table. I got up from my lazy position on the chair and heads towards the glass table. On top of it, laid many sheets of paper with sketches on them. I didn’t feel like drawing or writing my manga but I kept standing there, staring at the white but not blank sheets.

I couldn’t help but to think back on how I almost gotten my first love killed. It’s because of my hobby. The only think I’m talented at… is drawing manga. (he thinks that he’s only good at drawing but the reality is, he’s talented in many more other things and his horrible at drawing)

I slumped on my bed, feeling the guilt gobbling me.

But, hei, I did save him by paying his debt.

I knew that was true but I also knew that if I was more independent, that whole incident would never have happened. If only I kept my book somewhere else, if only I locked the door of my study room then Minho wouldn't have to get hurt.

But what is done is done. No one can change that. I looked at my mirror and tried to smile at my expression. I skipped merrily out my room while humming some catchy tune, trying my best to forget about the guilt. And it was actually working.

The moment I stepped out, I saw Yuri-noona on a ladder dusting the fan. It wasn’t long before she came back down, wiping the sweat on her forehead.

I stand corrected. The guilt was coming back.

I just have to get rid of it.

I was walking towards Yuri-noona when I saw Minho behind me. He greeted me with his low voice. I bounced slightly, surprised that he was behind me the whole time. I wanted to yell at him but I decided not to, since it wouldn’t help the situation become better. Instead, I held his and dragged him to where my maid was standing. Minho did not ask anything and followed obediently.

“Noona!” I called out.

“Nae, Sabumnim?”

“Hei, noona… Is there anything I can do to help you?” I asked.

“Help me? I guess if you can sit in your room quietly, that would be helpful.” She answered.

“Yah! Noona!!! What are you indicating?!” I questioned her with a pout formed on my lips causing the hyung standing beside me to chuckle.

“A-Aniya… Hmm… Let’s see… You can help me to pick some flowers from the backyard for the dining table. That is, if you insist.”

“Okay!” I chirped. I dragged my butler out of the house with me. Tama saw us and he followed as well. The more the merrier, right?

We headed to the backyard. I don’t know how your backyard looks like, but mind reminds me of a rainforest. No kidding.

“Hei, Sabumnim, will there be flowers blooming during the mid-winter?”  my hyung asked.

“I’m not quite sure… But we’ll search high and low since Yuri-noona requested it! I am not going to let her down!” I exclaimed receiving a warm smile from Minho. We didn’t walk a far distance when I spot a cute blue flower.

“I found it, hyung!”

 

Minho’s POV:

“I found it, hyung!” the boy exclaimed. But…

It was right in the middle of some large, long snake which was sleeping/hibernating.

Seriously?

“Um… Sabumnim, that wouldn’t be another one of your pets, now would it?” I asked, hoping that the answer was yes. That way, I know he could control it.

“I d-don’t remember making a p-pet out of that monster.” He stuttered, feeling a little terrified.

Before I could say anything he continued,

“But we promised Yuri-noona that we would pick flowers!” He stated enthusiastically.

“B-But-“

“Don’t worry! Tama is a carnivore. I am sure he can kill it~” he cut me. I looked at Tama who was shaking slightly. Which animal wouldn’t? I mean that snake is like 4 times the size of Tama!

My master pushed Tama towards the snake and came back to my side.

The moment he reached beside me, the snake’s green eyes opened and attacked Tama. And Tama was trying his best to not die fight too.  Then, I realised, I’m standing beside my master, watching his pet tiger and some anaconda wrestle in his backyard.

“I actually thought that it was hibernating.” He whispered.

“What?” I asked.

“I thought it was hibernating, so it won’t attack Tama. But I guess only some snakes hibernated during Winter.” He told me.

Wow. Such pet owners.

“Oh well, let’s go search for more flowers.”

“What about Tama?”

“He’s a carnivore, hyung. I’ll guarantee he’ll win this fight.” He voiced and skipped somewhere else.

A snake is a carnivore too, you know.

 

Taemin’s POV:

“Minho!!! Look at these!” I called out for my hyung, who still far behind me, probably worried about Tama. Such a worry-wart.

“Nae, Sabumnim!” he ran towards me, his black pupils landing on an average-sized patch of yellow flowers.

“I-It feels like spring…” He stated, amazed.

“Yup! Now, Yuri-noona would be happy!” I smiled.

I was about to pick some flowers when something crossed my mind.

“By the way, we’re finally alone again…” I unconsciously stated.

“Hmm?”

“After that Christmas night, I never had a chance to ask…” I looked at the view because we were on a hill that moment.

“…So I want to ask again.” I continued. I turned to look at Minho. I walked towards him, so now that  we are close together, I opened my mouth to ask that question.

 

“Minho-hyung… Do you like me? (as a lover)”

 

In between the two of them is a bomb----

 

The sun set was making Minho’s face half dark and half bright. But it didn’t stop me from not noticing the slight shocked expression. I was worried, no, what I was feeling was even more intense than that. I was anxious. My mind was filled with all sorts of “what if’s” when he was thinking of his answer. When he finally open his mouth, I heard his answer.

 

“Of course… (as a dongsaeng)”

 

That love will probably never be rewarded----

 

“You’re the most important person to me. (because you saved my life)” He uttered as the wind blew. The breeze made the flower’s petal to be detached from the centre.

I was standing there, blushing with a sincere smile. My eyes were looking at my reflection on my hyung’s pupils as yellow petals flew passed us. My slightly long hair was sticking on my face due to the wind but I didn’t care.

What I care for is the person right in front of me.

 

It crumbles away from merely trivial things----

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Mianhe for the boring chapter!

I know I , you don't have to tell me that.

Anyways, please comment~