This Is The Way I Live

My Life As A Butler [HIATUS]

Not today.

"What will you do?!" A tall lady with really thick make up shriek.

"If I don't I don't get that manuscript in 5 minutes...", she paused, not wanting to continue.

"This week's edition won't happen!!!, her panicking, sweating secretary continued.

"I know!", the lady yelled at his face, probably getting some of her saliva on it.

"B-B-But, the industry's fastest bicycle delivery boy will definitely come."

"Fastest?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Ah! There he is!!!" The secretary shouted, pointing to the sweating bicycle delivery boy who was riding at a very high speed.

"Sorry to keep you waiting!!!" He yelled, not slowing down. His bicycle tripped on a stone. The speed of him riding the bike caused the boy's bike to do a somersault. And obviously, he fell off from it. The lady and her secretary stood still. Wondering whether the tall boy was already in heaven. The bicycle delivery boy then stood up which made the other two really shocked. The secretary actually thought whether he had turned into a zombie, wanting to eat his brain. The boy heads towards the lady. His dark brown hair covering his face, making it hard for them to look at his expression. Once he reached in front of her, he flipped his hair without touching it and gave out the most charming smile.

"Bicycle delivery boy, Choi Minho at your service." He said as he hands out the manuscript.

The lady took the file containing the manuscript and asked whether he was fine.

"It's okay. I train everyday." he answered still with the same expression.

yep. I'm used to this.

He took his bike and started peddling.

"Thank you. I hope you can make business with us again!"

"Hei! Um-" the woman started.

"No, really. Don't worry about me I'm fine.." He replied turning to look back but feet still peddling.

"It's just that-" She didn't even get to finish her sentence when Minho fell into the subway stairs.

"-you were heading towards a flight of stairs.."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Owowowow..."

My name is Choi Minho.

I'm a bicycle delivery boy.

I attend an ordinary public high school, a 10th grader is who I am.

*sigh* Even though it's Christmas Eve, I have a reason for working..

"Oppa!" I turned back and saw my classmate. She waved at me with her cheerful smile. Behind her, were some of my other schoolmates waving too. I waved back at them.

"Good Morning guys!" I greeted happily.

"Morning! Hei, would you like to come to my christmas party?" One of my sunbaenims asked.

"Just 1,500 won for eat and drink all you want." He continued.

"Um.. But I don't have money and I am on this job." I said trying to decline the request politely. My friends started looking at me as if I'm some alien.

"The bicycle delivery boy job?" A girl, from my sports team asked.

"So you won't be joining us again, isn't that right?" My classmate questioned with a sigh.

"Y-yeah.."

"Choosing money over friends, huh?" Said some dude I barely recognize. You see, I'm really popular at school, so a lot of students know me while I don't recognize many students at all. I didn't reply and just looked down.

"Minho here is really athletic actually.." My sports team member said to him. "You know, you should really join the soccer team like how you used to.."

Soccer.. I miss it so much.

But despite the melancholy inside me I told them

"But then, I won't have time for work."

Once again, everyone stared at me.. I guess they were too curious till all of them pointed at me and drilled me with bunch of questions.

"The word that always comes out from your mouth is work. Aren't you sick of it?"

"Why are you working?"

"Is it even legal?!"

"What do you do with the money anyway?!"

I still remained calm because I'm not the type who pa nicks and runs around like crazy. And just answered their questions with 4 simple words:

"My parents are unemployed."

yep. Its a fact.

Another long silence. Then one of them apologize and excused himself. Later one by one said sorry and all of them left. Some even wished me luck before they went off.

If their unemployment were because of a depression, restructure, or even an accident..

...i would have sympathy.

But my dad...

 

"Daddy have found a much more appropriate and useful job!"

 

..keeps saying that but he's still jobless.

My mom..

 

"Mommy keeps buying racehorse tickets, isn't that enough? I'm buying us dreams~"

 

...keeps saying that but she can't even do housework.

"Those who don't work, don't eat!!!" I told myself.

But I believe, the earnest and serious people will definitely be the ones who have the last laughs!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Choi Minho. You're fired."

Huh?

"B-but why?" I started. "I have worked really hard and-"

"Well, you are the fastest in the industry." He said not putting down the newspaper he is currently reading.

"Then why??!!" I said as I got up.

"You lied about age, Mr. Choi." He told, finally letting go of the paper. "By regulations the minimum age here is 20. And you're only 16." His both hands twined together as his chin rests on it.

"How did you know?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Just a while ago, your parents came and informed me."

What? Why would...

He let out a sigh and said, "I really thought I had a loyal and hard working employer, but I guess I've been betrayed." I was thinking on why my parents paid a visit, so I didn't hear what he said. Till something terrible came out from his mouth.

"So for the time being, I gave this month's salary of 3,600 won to your parents."

.

"YOU WHAT?!" I asked, praying what he said before was just my imagination.

"Well, that's because you're still a high school student,so giving it to your parents is natural." He simply replied.

"U gave all of that?! With 3,600 won, they're just gonna spend them in CASINOS!" I spat.

"What nonsense.. No such parent would do that.."

"Well why do you think I'm working then???!!!" And with that I sprinted towards my house. I ran as fast as I could.

Damn it. I didn't even save up a single won.

I ran inside my house. Not caring whether I. closed the door behind me or even took off my shoes.

Maybe they haven't spend it yet.

I was so relieved to see a salary envelope with my name written on it. It was sitting nicely on top on the table.

yes!!!

I took it and opened it hurriedly. But all I was to find was a note saying

"Sorry~ We'd thought we doubled it at the casino, but looks like we failed...

- <3 mom~"