Off Tune

The Pizza Boy

August 6, 2012

 

In the middle of taking my first pre/pop test of the year, the most unexpected thing happens.  I get called down to the principal’s office.  Well maybe other people expected it, but definitely not me.  Once my name was called, I could hear all the writing stop and could feel all the looks shift onto me.  I groaned inwardly before standing up and making my way out of the class.  What did I do now?

 

I made my way there and when I got inside, the principal looked pissed.  I saw 2 other boys already seated in the only two seats in the room.  They looked at me as I walked in.  They looked like they enjoyed being in this office, like whatever they did was fun.

“Kris, would you like to explain why you were with these two?”  The principal was a nice man, except when you got him very angry.  He was a bit bald and chubby, but his personality made up it. 

 

“I don’t understand.”  I simply stated.  Saying the least possible was always what I went for.  I less you say, the less you get in trouble for.

“I caught you and these two boys on camera.  They were vandalizing the west building.  This could call for suspension!” 

But, sometimes the principal can be a bit blunt.

 

“Did you see me actually vandalizing?”  I know what I did and did not do, so I shouldn’t be scared.

He paused and thought for a moment.  “No, actually I didn’t.   But you still rode a skateboard all around school property.  It calls for at least one detention.”

Oh well, I did skateboard.  “When do you want me to have detention then?”  Hey, having detention wasn’t as bad as being suspended.

He rubbed his stubbly chin, “Today, after school.  You’re going to clean up the science lab and the art room and I will have people making sure you stay and not ditch.”

“Ok.”  I said it simply.  Having detention meant stalling time before I had to go home.

 

===================================

 

My best friend Yuri came back today!  She looked more tan than usual though.  Must be the Paris sun.

“Aww Jaeri!  I missed you so much!”  She gave me a big hug.  She was a queenka, tall, popular and skinny. 

 

“I bought you something from Paris and I was hoping you could use it in the future!”  She always liked me to get things from the places she went no matter how much I told her not to.  Reaching into her bag, she pulled out something I’ve been wanting real badly. They were the new edition Michelson brushes that had the curved edge and the softer bristles. 

 

I hugged her immedatley and I grabbed the brushes.

“Thanks yo!  You da best!”   She laughed.  Her friend Seohyun  came along side me and greeted me.  I wasn’t that close with the queenkas. 

“Yuri, I got some good news for you.”  She gripped her water bottle quite tightly.

“What?”

 

“You know, Chanyeol’s friend?”  I knew that Chanyeol was Seohyun’s boyfriend.  Of course, it was almost like a custom for the queenka to go out with a kingka.

“Which one?  He has like a hundred” Yuri said as we entered the cafeteria.

 “That cute one you like.  The one with a lot of white in his eyes.  He got a haircut and I think you’ll like it” Seohyun nudged Yuri in the arm.  I could see her blush.  We reached the table that belonged to the queenka’s. And this was my cue to depart.

 

“Uhh, Yuri, I’ll catch you later.”  But she was already drooling over the kingka too much to hear.  I laughed it off and decided to go to heaven, the art room.

 

========================

 

Good thing the science room wasn’t as dirty as usual.  Since it is was only beginning of the school year, not much experiments have gone on.  I only had to pick up trash, sweep and mop the floor, wipe down the desks and boards.  But, I got that done quickly and it was only 4.  I almost forgot that I had to clean the art room too.  Now the art room in contrast is a dirty.  Mrs. Lee, the art teacher, has a thing for not cleaning up for herself.

 

I expected no one to be in there and the school was empty.  So, I slipped of my shirt and turned my iPod on.  I lugged all of the cleaning supplies into the art room while singing.

~Since when did we forget that we’ve been held into smart things?~

I flipped on the lights and…

 

========================

 

I was kind of stuck in the designing process.  Something was missing in the sketch, but I couldn’t tell what it was.  Maybe it was because I was hungry.  Sometimes, I can’t work well when I want food.

But, I never had any food.  The words I wanted were there, the designs I planned were there, just some aura was missing.  Maybe it was just because there was no color.  I spotted a mistake and went to change it when…

The doors opened.  I thought it was Mrs. Lee, but it was a boy.  And he was shirtless. And singing.

I stared up at him.  Does he go to this school?  In what right mind does one walk around an educational place with no top on?  I found it kind of funny that he didn’t even notice I was there.  He just kept singing and singing.  He flipped on the light switched on and turned around. 

He must not enjoy surprises because he jumped when he saw me.  I swear I could hear him let out a short yelp.  But, then he did the weirdest thing after his mini panic attack.  He stared at me like I was a bug on the ground.  Then realization crept up to him as his eyes widened and he turned around.  I watched him look for his shirt on put it on.

“Ahhh, sorry.” He said as he picked up thee broom and started sweeping.

“You were off tune.” I nodded and went back to my work.

 

================================

AHHH ok sorry if this chap was boring!  i was watching 2bic's mv for made another woman cry.  it was so sad, but i didn't understand the mv.

 anyways, i hope none of you are getting bored with this story!

responses:

@: circee:  hahaha nothing is wrong with you!  u da awesome :) glad your loving this story!

@dreamingseoul: hahahaha thanks for commenting lol.  kdfjdndfndkdjfnedf :)

@shanaenae123: lol you are awesome because you always commenting and i love it!

 

thanks and stay tuned!