Being With You

The Pizza Boy

The warm wind blew her hair everywhere.  I couldn’t help but to take pictures of her.  She giggled as the water came close to her toes.  Jaeri pulled me along the shoreline, her delicate smile putting me into a trance.  I couldn’t help, but to follow her.  Bringing her to the beach for a first date was kind of cliché on my part.  A date on the beach is kind of overrated, or at least that’s what Luhan said. 

 

I didn’t really know what she wanted to do, but she told me to surprise her.  So, I just went with the first thing that I thought of; the beach.   But, I decided to stir it up a bit.  Usually on first dates, people watch the sunset together.  We will be doing that, except watching a horror movie during sunset.  She told me she liked scary movies so I decided to twist the two together. 

“I used to run this beach daily” she said smiling at the sand.  I decided to be suave and creep up behind her.  Smoothly, I slipped my hand into hers.  She turned around to smile at me.

“I bet a lot of girls would kill to be in my position” her thumb the back of my hand.

 

“Not really.  The girls tend to fall for the other guys like Kai or Luhan” I shook off her compliment.  I don’t really want to talk about other girls.

“Now that you mention it, Kai is really cute” she was teasing me.

“Oh really, now?”  Teasing her back wasn’t really that hard.  It was fun.

“But, you’re handsomer.”   And with that comment, I felt literally happy.  My first date ever is going better than I expected.  Wow…did I just say that?  I’m getting more “nerdy-sounding”.  Must be hanging out with her too much.

 

I didn’t really know what to say.  Usually I would say thank you to that, but it would make the conversation awkward.  So I decided to simply smile. 

“The sun is starting to go down” I looked off into the distance.  That was my signal.  I left her by the comfortable spot where we were to watch our movie.  Once I was out of sight, I dashed for the car in a hurry.  It was only a short distance there, but I needed to hurry if I wanted to get the movie going before the sun sets.

 

When I got back, I was a bit hot and so I took of my jacket.  She saw me and helped me lay down the blanket.  I had D.O pack to bentos for us quickly afterschool.  That boy just loves to cook.  So we had that, a couple drinks, a huge bag of chips and two pillows.  Also, we had my laptop and a copy of The Haunting in Connecticut.

Once we laid everything down and had the movie going, the sun really started to set.  I started eating and so did she, but we finished half and decided to eat the rest later.  The kind of scary parts started happening and we didn’t want to eat and then choke. 

 

She didn’t seem affected at all by what was going on, but I was a bit scared.  You’d think after living with my parts would toughen me up.  Trust me, it did.  Just not for the supernatural world.  I decided to keep my mouth shut.   I could handle what was going on, it’s just that it would haunt me later. 

But, I was glad when she decided to snuggle close to me.  She got my pillow, the one I just got from my bed, and hugged it.  Then she spread my legs apart, as weird as that sounds, and sat in between my legs.  The place that I chose was kind of like a hill and so I was able to sit comfortably.

“This pillow smells like you” she kept smelling the pillow and hugging it.

 

“I just grabbed them from my bed.  You like my pillows don’t you?”  I looked down at her and she smiled.

“Yeah.  It smells good” she looked back at my computer screen.  It was completely dark by the time we got half way through the movie.  We had gotten so comfortable, like one of those couples who’ve been with each other for a long time.  I took that as a good sign.  Occasionally, I would look at her rather than the movie, just to see if she was awake.  She was sitting so still.

“You ok?”  I asked.

“Perfect” was the answer I got.

What more could I ask for?  I was at peace finally.  No thinking about my parents, school, work, friends or my future.  Just being here in the moment with her is what I want.

 

============================

 

I had to admit, we were getting farther than I had planned.  I had thought tonight would be somewhat awkward since we both have never been on dates before.  But, I was wrong.  I was as comfortable as I would be relaxing at home.  His big build and strong presence made me feel special and sure of myself.  The way I leaned into him was something I’ve never done with anyone.  Yeah, skin ship was something that came a bit easily to me.

 

I also had to admit that I was surprised when he said we were going to the beach.  I thought it was a bit cliché, but when he said we’d be doing something else than watching the sunset, I didn’t think that way anymore.  When he came back with the movie in hand, I was happy.  He actually listened to what I had to say about a good movie.

And now that we were sitting here together, I feel glad.  The movie was pretty good, considering that it’s based on a true story.  But, I was more focused on him.  My heart felt so happy, if that’s even possible.  I was too busy soaking in all the emotions and feelings to pay attention. 

 

This is the first time someone actually took the intuitive to learn more about me.  The first time I felt like someone who wasn’t my parents or my teachers, actually wanted me.  I felt special for once.  With him I felt like there was no standard.  I didn’t have to reach any limitations and it felt good to break free.

With college only a year away, there was really no time for me to relax.  But, I found some time anyway, through him.  I mean, come on.  It’s my senior year and I promised myself I’d do something exciting.

And I sure am excited.

 

========================

Updated because I felt happy. hahaahah I wish I could update more.  Lol that sounds weird for me to say.  Anyways, i want to thank you for all of your gracious comments.  It's always a pleasure to know that someone actually cares.

Thank you and enjoy!   Oh yeah and I hope you guys are still wondering what's going on with luhan.  I have no clue yet what i want his character to do (lol) but ill figure it out and it will blow your socks off...hehe!  lol ok bye.