Ok

The Pizza Boy

 

After yelling at Nara, I settled on my bed with the door locked.  I had some difficulty setting up my first passcode on my phone.  I didn’t know where to set it up.  So I just sat there, on my bed and stared at the messages.

Should I respond to this?  And even if I was to explain it, how would I?  Was I high?  Maybe I was hahaha.  Part of me told me not to respond.  What would he think of me if I responded?  Yet, then again, part of me wanted to reply.  It’s just that feeling you get when you’re texting someone who interests you.  Yeah, I won’t deny it.  He interests me.

And so I did what I was probably going to regret in the future.  I sent him my first actual message to him.

Hi.

And as I closed my phone, I sighed and threw myself back on the bed.  My body felt antsy as I tried to focus on something else.  I couldn’t get the thought of the phone ringing out of my mind.  And once that oh so sweet beeping came on, I quickly jumped up.  Anticipation surged throughout me as I opened it up.  And for the first time in my life, I felt like a giddy, hormone filled high school girl.

His text said: So you are high.

 

====================

 

As cheesy as it sounds, I was happy to be talking to someone like him.  An actual guy.  I’ve just put so much time into painting and thinking that I don’t think about my social life.  I don’t know if you’ve felt this way, but when I totally immerse myself into something, everything else becomes a blur.

I don’t know why I let my guard down now.  Just because of some attractive guy who delivered my pizza?  Some guy whose intentions are good.  Some guy who stayed with me so late after school to finish something that didn’t even have anything to do with him.  Yeah, I am letting my guard down and it feels pretty cool.

I fell asleep texting him that night, my sleep nothing but pleasant.

 

===============================

 

Baekhyun was so busy mocking me all day, calling me a y boy.  And as he followed me around everywhere, even into the bathroom, this guy was still getting on my nerves.  Luhan looked at me helplessly as he swirled the spatula in the pizza sauce.

“You should try slapping his balls.  Kick some sense in him” Luhan shrugged.  Baekhyun instantly shielded his lower region with his hands and backed away.

“Hmm, never thought of that” I chuckled and pulled up a stool.

I looked at my phone, a new message notification popped up.  I had to say, for a girl who seems to paint all day, she’s really interesting.  But, I wish I could learn more about her.

Texting her was a good feeling, but I wanted to hear her voice.  soon"m talking in the background, asking random questions.  I wanted to hear that sarcastic tone that she always caries with her.  Those sultry threats and yet her bright and kind voice; I wanted to hear it.  I wanted to ask her out on a date to see what I really feel for her.  Man, I feel weird thinking like this.  If anyone really knew what was going through my head at times, I would be completely embarrassed. 

Baekhyun would probably start teasing me again.

 

===================================

 

She flung her hair out of her face so I could see one side of her neck. I could smell the perfume she probably sprayed on herself this morning.  I watched her lips as the curved up into a slight smile.  I was anxious, waiting for her answer.  Rejection was something I could deal with, something that I’ve dealt with before.  I just hope she doesn’t reject me.

She twirled the long, thin paintbrush in her slender fingers and turned to me.

“Ok.”

I was filled with relief and was so excited, more than I’ve ever been in my life.  I wanted to hug her because I was so giddy.  But, I was a professional at the poker face expression and so I did exactly that.

“I’ll pick you up at 6.”  I smiled at her and left her side.  As soon as I got out of the art room, I ran smack into Baekhyun and Luhan.  I just walked away as they scrabbled to get up and follow. 

“Wow my friend.  I am impressed!”  Baekhyun patted my back and grinned.

“You manage to make all girls fall to your will. Especially the school’s perfect one.  Got to give you props, man.”  Luhan joined in on my other side.

Even though Luhan said that, I don’t think of it that way.  I think instead of me having a hold on her, it’s her who has a hold on this whole relationship.  I don’t even know how to explain what I’m thinking.

“What are you going to do with her?”  Baekhyun asked.  He was always the curious one.  Always.

“I’m not sure…yet.”  What was I really going to do with her?  Something fun?  Something romantic?  Something between both?

“Well just make sure you don’t do something bad.  I heard her father is a lawyer.”  Luhan stated.  He looked a bit distant, today.

“I know.  I’ve met him” I stopped at my locker and twisted it open.

“WHAT?!”  Luhan suddenly said in a loud and angry tone.  I just stared at him.  What’s his problem?

“You ok?”  I slowly took out my morning books.

“Oh, sorry.  I’m fine” he smiled and walked away.

Something is going on with him. 

 

=================

sorry for short chapter and a prolonged update!  summer school makes me tired and washes out my brain!  but anways i squuezed this update out!  enjoy!