Life As it Is

The Pizza Boy

August 5, 2012: Lunch

 

“Dude, I can’t believe you.  How could you not know the school’s perfect girl? I worry about you sometimes.”

Luhan kept going on and on about her and he was giving me a headache.  For goodness sakes, I don’t know that damn girl so would you give it a rest?

“I don’t know.  I just don’t know her” I shrugged and bit into the warm sandwich.  School lunch .

“Where is your head buddy?” Baekhyun and the rest of the boys joined in on the conversation.

“Jung Jaeri is number one, in everything.  And I repeat, everything” Chen decided to speak…for once.  He was always on the quiet side, the sensitive side.  Girls liked him for that.

“Yeah, number one in academics, number one in sports.  She’s just one of those people who just do good at everything” Lay stated, blurting out things like he always does. 

“Especially art.” Tao said and the rest of the boys agreed.

Luhan swallowed a scoop of his yogurt and pointed his spoon in my direction.

“It’s hard to find her weakness.”

“Not really, I mean she hasn’t gone out with a guy and I know that for a fact.  She hardly has any friends and is always incognito.  Maybe that’s why you don’t know her, she’s hardly there.”  Baekhyun shook his head like he was right.

“Well whatever, so are we hanging out after school or what?  Shop’s closed today so I figured we could hang” I switched the subject.

“Yeah sure.” The rest of the boys agreed.

=====================

 

 

Finally!  I got away from the whole commotion and secured myself into the art room.  There was a pep rally in 2 days and the principal requested me to do a gigantic banner for the rally.  My first project of the year. 

It’s quite sad that I have no other people to help me.  Everyone in the art club didn’t want to help.  They all said they were too busy catching up or spotting that cute new person.  I had really no friends except Yuri.  But, she is still on her Paris trip.  So I had to do it all alone.  I find it better this way though; I enjoy it when I finish something by myself.

 

You know, being known as the school’s perfect girl isn’t as awesome as it seems.  People dislike me for stupid reasons even though I haven’t met or talked to them in my whole life.  Everyone keeps their distance, I have no clue why.  I find this whole school “food chain” to be completely stupid.

Anyways, it was a lot of work when I had to roll out a long piece of gigantic paper.  And when I said long I meant a 20 ft piece; all that work for one person is too much.

 

I sketched out the design with my lucky pencil and by the time the lunch bell rang, I had half of the banner planned and sketched.  I rushed to get my bag and dashed towards my next class.

 

=====================

 

“Guys, I want to get a tattoo” Chanyeol stated out of nowhere.  We were all at the skate park.

“Sure you do!  One that says: I love mom” Kai laugh loudly and almost tipped over his skateboard.  Luhan started cracking up and high fived Kai.  “Good one, man!”

 

Chanyeol gave them his wide eyed stare.  The boys looked at him in disgust and started laughing again. 

“No seriously.  I want to write Seo’s name on my hip.”  He showed us the spot, the indented part on your waist.

“Ooooo, man.  You got a bad case of: WHIPPED!” I laughed at him and Baekhyun made the sound of a whip snapping. 

 

“I knew I never should have told you guys!” Chanyeol growled and crossed his arms like a kid.

“Bro, do whatever you want.  It’s your body” Suho stated as he tried to land his new board moves.

“If I got a tattoo, my mom would ground me…forever” Tao gasped.  Tao is so young.

“Hey, what time is it?  My mom wants me to buy her some parsley before I get home” Xiu Min jumped up from his sitting position and grabbed his board.

 

“It’s 6pm.  It’s getting dark, I’m going to head home too before my mom kills me” Sehun got up and dusted off the dirt from his jeans.  The rest of the boys started to get up too.  I didn’t want to go home, my parents were probably there.

I realized I was just staring at the ground when Suho came back for me.

“You going home?” 

 

“Nah, I think I’m just going to hang around” I assured him and he made his way home.  I picked up my skateboard and decided just to walk around, let my feet lead me.  And somehow, they led me to the front of the school gates.  Maybe it’s because it’s the only true place where I feel like people want me.

No one was around so I figured that it wouldn’t hurt if I just skateboarded around the school ground.  I knew that the buildings were locked so I just skated around the outsides.  It felt good to just let my mind think.  I went to the school’s main bulletin board. 

 

Colorful pieces of paper lined up after each other.  They were all college ads; my heart instantly sunk.  I felt helpless as I looked at all the prestigious college ads.  Thinking about my future was something I never really wanted to do.  Going to college meant that you had money.  I had money, just not enough for college.  I have my dreams of going to college.  But, sometimes people need to wake up to reality.  I need to wake up.

 

It was just too depressing for me so I skated away.  Halfway down the long hall, I heard loud laughter and loud bangs.  I jumped of my board and went to the noise.  I peered around a corner and spotted some trouble makers putting graffiti on the walls.

 

My first instinct was to confront them, but I decided that not getting involved was for the best.  So I pulled out my phone and took pictures of them, making sure I got their faces.  I would show it to the principal tomorrow.  It was completely dark now so I decided to go home.  Instead of going through the front this time, I went into the back and climbed through my window.

So much for my first day to school.

 

=======================

I just want to say it again that I am thankful for you guys!

I'm in that point of life where people just constantly have to bash what I love and want to do.  maybe im just making myself feel this way.   ugh whatever

so responses:

@jinnielee: hahahah yup my pizza!  i was eating pizza and then my dog came up and it so i was like "my pizza!" hahaha

@Intoxication: your username is cools!  and yay i got a new reader!  im glad and thanks so stay tuned!

@shanaenae123: haha yeah, at first i didnt want to make her clumsy.  i didnt even think about it, but i made her clumsy anywauys lol