Chapter 4

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend!

Both of you stood, wide-eyed at the familiar boy in front of your eyes. The same old hair, the same old smile. It was as if time had rewind 7 years into the past.

"Kevin? Is.. is that you?" You say as you got off Tao's arms and awkwardly stood beside your boyfriend.

KEVIN FREAKING WOO.

"Need you ask?"

A few short seconds later, you found yourself running halfway towards him and then hugging him so tightly you swear he couldn't breathe.

"Uh-hum."

You heard Kevin laugh and you quickly released him from your grasp. Oh wow. 

Since when was I that strong?

"Whoops sorry. I got carried away." You smiled bashfully, taking a few steps backwards and feeling completely embarrassed. Tao purposely brushed his arm on yours as he walked forward to greet Kevin with their crazy handshake they made when all of you were younger. It almost made you feel like you were 13 all over again. They shared a hug and you smiled warmly as you watched.

Tao then returned to your side slowly slid his hands into yours. Kevin's eyes widened and you felt yourself turning a few shades of red.

"Uh... we're kind of together." You explained awkwardly.

"What do you mean kinda?" Tao teased.

"Shut up." You lightly punched his abs as you gestured to the front door. "Come inside, we have lots of catching up to do!"

 

--

 

9 years. That is a hell of a long time. You stared blankly at the guy sitting in front of you. You still couldn't believe it. Your childhood friend is not a thousand miles away but sitting right in front of you.

"So....... tell me everything. How did you know where I live? Who told you?"

"I-"

"Oh wait, how's Hanna? Why didn't she come with you? I missed her!"

Tao picked up a cushion and threw it at you.

"Yah! What the hell?"

"Let him speak. You talk too much."

"Fine."

"Okay, first things first. My dad opened another branch right here in Seoul, so I had to come back. Hanna's here, but she went to visit some friends. And about where you live, I have my sources." Kevin winked.

"Tsk, you never change." You smiled as you sipped on a hot drink.

"It's good to have you back Kev." Tao nudged Kevin as he threw himself on the couch.

You sighed in relief. You still remembered how they always fought over little things. But as childish as they were, they always made up at the end of the day. Looking at them now, you realized how much mature you've all became.

"Pass me that cushion." Kevin pointed to the one beside Tao.

"Nope, this cushion is mine."

"It's not!"

"It is now!"

Okay.................. I maybe wrong.

"You guys never stop fighting. Tsk! You can have mine." You threw yours and made your way to the kitchen to prepare supper for them. You could see how hungry Kevin is no matter how he tried to hide it and you didn't want him to starve.

As you worked on the supper, you felt a pair of hands circling your waist and someone's head on your shoulder.

"Go keep Kevin company, will you?"

"Nah, he's fine watching tv on his own."

You turned around to face your boyfriend and tip-toed to plant a kiss on his cheek. Tao pouted and you looked at him curiously.

"What?"

Tao pointed to his lips and raised his eyebrows ily. Oh.

You stuck out your tongue out and pushed him away to get your apron. He caught your other arm and pulled you back towards him.

"Oppa-" He pressed his lips against yours and you smiled into the kiss. God, how is it possible that with every kiss, it gets better and better? 

"You're mine now."

You nodded. 

"I love you."

 

Little did they know......... that someone had been secretly watching all along.

 

--

 

Kevin's POV:

Looking at them after nine years... he couldn't help but feel complete again. These people... he grew up with them. And when he left, he only remembered leaving a note.

"Hyerin,
Someday im gonna come back for you. I will miss you. Take care of yourself.
Kevin" 

He was only 15 then. But he was old enough to know love. To feel love. He meant it when he said he was gonna come back for her. He sat on his knees to search for a small pink box he kept under his bed. The ones he had kept for 9 whole years. It contained eight lovely charms. He slipped his hands into his pocket to search for the other one he had bought right before he left for Korea.


Flashback

"I can't believe I lost another one." Hyerin frowned as she examined her charm bracelet.

"If you like it so much, I'll get you one for your birthday each year."

"Jeongmal?"

"I promise!"

End of flashback 


He kept the box in a drawer safely and walked over to his bed. He pulled his hair in fustration. Lie. Lie. Lie. It was all a lie. How could she not know? Did she forget about the note? He did not come here for the company. The branch in Seoul opened years ago. Hcame back to seek his first love.



He came back to seek Song Hyerin.