Tell me.

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend!
How should i react to that? How would tao react to that? My body tensed and i gripped the little box hard, unsure of what to do. I wanted to disappear. This is so wrong. He cleared his throat and our gazes met again. My eyes blinked rapidly, and my breathing hitched. My eyes darted somehwhere far while his were plastered to mine.


--


Kevin's POV:

I knew she was shocked, but she tried very hard to keep it in. I tried searching for her eyes, but she wouldn't look at me. I wanted her to say something, anything. But she didn't. With every passing second, my felt emptier and emptier. Hope. Did i... actually wish she'd say yes? Her silence. It speaks a thousand words. I have no place in her heart. There's no point anymore. I know what i should do.

I cleared my throat and then sloely lifted up my hands to cup her cheeks, my hands desperate for her touch. With a heavy heart and eyes filled with tears, i stared at her longingly, "I'll go... I'll.. call you later."

I left.


--


Hyerin's POV:

I wanted to stop him. But how? How could i? Would i have the heart to say no? Who would have known this day would come? The day i'd hurt a good friend. Someone so close to me. I let my left hand support me on the bench as i sat, staring into space.

I went straight home, made dinner then went to have a good long bath. I stayed under the water for a pretty long time, until i heard the front door open. Tao is home. Should i tell him? But what's the point? I finished up and went to greet him at the door.

Again with the shoelaces. He's such a noob.

"You're spacing out, hyerin. Tell me what's wrong," his voice full of concern. I was stumped, but i had to act like nothing's wrong and shook my head furiously. I stood up and looked at him with curious eyes. I let my arms go around his neck and pouted.

"Nothing's wrong. I made chicken chop for dinner, you hungry?" I winked. I pulled his hand and led him to the dining dinner.

"How's work?" i asked, breaking the silence.

"It was okay. How's your day, with kevin?"

I jerked a little and quickly regained my composure. Damn! Did he notice anything? I looked up a little and saw him digging into his plate. I think not.

"Ah... It was okay. We watched a really good movie. It was okay," i spoke as calm as i could, finding the right words.

Then i stood up and went to the kitchen, finding things to do. I felt terrible about kevin, but i didn't want to show him. He didn't need to know. After all, what would happen to all of our friendship? No, what would happen to their friendship?

I grabbed the sponge and began scrubbing the sink. What in the world was i thinking? That's his job. I put the sponge back into it's place and quickly turned around, crashing straight into tao. Like a flash, he wrapped his arm around me.

"I know you're feeling closed off. Tell me what's wrong. It kills me to see you like this," he pleaded.

There's nowhere to hide. We made our way to the dining table and i told him everything, not leaving any detail behind. I looked into his eyes, and for the first time in my life, i couldn't read his expression. Then slowly, he began to speak.

"Do you love me?"

Whaaaaaaat?! My jaw dropped, literally. How could he ask me that?

"How could you ask me that?" i glared at him. The feeling of anger, and disappointment engulfed me and soon, i found myself sobbing. Damn, when did i get so sensitive?

Tao panicked and quickly hushed me, "Baby, im sorry. I didn't mean it like that. . Im sorry, really. Please don't cry. I love you," and he hugged me once more. He wiped my tears with his thumb and apologised again.

"No, im sorry.. I didn't know why i cried. I just... I don't know what to do. Kevin is a really good friend. How do i say no without hurting him?" i sigh in desperation.

Love can be such a cruel thing.

"I'll talk to him. I promise," he assured me. I shot him a are-you-serious-look.  "I promise you we won't fight," he assured me again. I finally gave in and nodded weakly. All this made me so tired i could......


--


When i woke up, i found myself in tao's room. Woo! Im in the devil's lair. HAHAAHA. Okay not funny. I snuggled under the blanket. Nice. I must've fallen asleep here.... No wait, weren't we at the dining table? Why didn't he carry me back to my room?

Like he heard me, tao came through the door with a tray of food and settled next to me.

"If you're wondering.. yes, i carried you here last night. But that's only because i know you're still upset. And.... here's breakfast for you angel," he slowly pulled the blanket off me.

I stared at him in shock.

"If you're wondering some more.. yes, i took a day off to say with you today," he smiled sweetly.

"Chinja? You're not working today? Yay!" i throw a punch in the air, feeling a rush of excitement inside me.

I scanned through the tray in awe. This guy is good. I hurried to the toilet to brush my teeth and went back to eat. Yummy. He's better than i thought!

Just when i thought it'll all be okay....


DING DONG!