Thank you

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend!

Hyerin's POV:

He was here just moments ago, wasn't he? In the background, i could hear kevin blabber about how terrible the accident was, and how lucky i am for not being badly injured, but all i thought of was tao. I don't know why, but it felt so wrong without him here.  
 
"Hyerin, did you hear what i just said?" Kevin waved his hands frantically infront of my face.
 
"Yeah," I blinked, "Yeah, i heard. Im sorry. I am just so tired now-"
 
"Then get some rest. Should i leave?" A huge smile was plastered on his face. I nodded. With just that action, his smile disappeared.
 
"Thank you," I said, and he left shortly after, disappointed that i didn't want him to stay.
 
I waited for tao to come, but he never came. My eyelids grew heavier with every passing minute, and when it finally reaches it peak, i slumped into  dreamland. Before i could go deeper, i heard the sound of the knob creaking, and my eyes flung open. My face lit up to see tao walking into the room. He caught my eye and smiled.
 
"Hey," he whispered, "how you feelin?"
 
"Good.... Where were you?"
 
He pulled out a chair and took a seat right next to me. "Me? I had to take a call. Where's kevin?" Tao looked around.
 
"Oh... he left earlier,"
 
"Do you want to go for a walk? I'll get you a wheelchair,"
 
"Really? Am i troubling you?"
 
"No, come let me help you," Tao came and gently lift me up from the bed and to the wheelchair at the other end of the room. When he held me close, a familiar scent went up my nose. A feeling of deja-vu crept inside my heart, like i've been in those arms. It felt good.
 
He pushed me carefully towards the beautiful garden nearby. I inhaled the fresh air countless of times and i felt refreshed. It feels exceptionally good to be out in the sun again.
 
"Tao?"
 
"Yeah?" Tao squatted next to my wheelchair and smiled. 
 
"Don't i have parents?"
 
"They died a few years back. Car crash... Tao trailed off slowly, checking on my expression. That act only made me realise how sad and swollen his eyes was, indicating he had been crying.
 
I furrowed my eyebrows and questioned him, "Have you been crying?"
 
His eyes widened and he stood up hurriedly, "Uh... no. Of course not,"
 
"You're lying...."
 
I could see the first drop of tear about to fall. He blinked it away.
 
"Is something wrong?" I said. He turned his head from me, and pressed a finger on his lashes. 
 
"Something got into my eye,"
 
I didn't say another word. I just couldn't. Another tear formed in his eyes, and this time he let it roll down his cheek. I gently placed my hand on his back.
 
"I just... I was worried about you.. You are all i have left. I don't want to lose you. And now, you don't even remember me," he blurted out.
 

All of a sudden, i felt a terrible weight on my shoulders. It was as if a giant boulder was laid on me and i couldn't even straighten up or catch my breath. How is it possible that a stranger could make me feel this way? A single tear rolled down my cheek. My eyes stung and i bit my lips to stop myself from crying. It's fustrating, how im able to bring him so much pain, unknowingly.

 
"Uljima.."
 
I could hear him sobbing as if he were a mere child and lost in a new city. My vision blurred due to the overwhelming tears in my eyes.
 
"I.. im still here. Even though i don't remember much, i know who you are in my life. Just like now, i feel safe being with you. It's okay if i don't remember, we can always create new memories. Just... don't cry," I begged.
 
It took him a while to calm down, and i could tell that it must be really hard on him. He wiped away his tears with the back of his hands and stood up.
 
"Do you want to go back inside? Do you want to rest?" Tao asked.
 
I nodded and gave him a are-you-sure-you-are-alright look and he smiled in reply. I heaved a sigh of relief and let tao push me back to my room.
__
 
The rest of the day got by well. Kevin gave me a call and told me to have a good long rest. By dinner, tao had returned to his normal cheerful self although occasionally i would catch him looking out of the window sadly. Knowing how weak i still am, he spoon-fed me food he brought from the canteen because i complained that the hospital food was too bland.
 
"Just this once okay?" I nodded frantically, hoping he wouldn't change his mind again.
 
"You're such a baby," Tao teased.
 
I pouted and pretended to be hurt. He told me to open my mouth but i closed them tightly. He tried doing aeroplane to get me to open my mouth (which i take that he's trying to tease me some more), but i wouldn't budge. Ha! Let's see what else he's gonna do.
 
He gave up and placed the spoon down. He gave me an eye-piercing look and stood up. He picked up the packet of kimchi fried rice and walked backwards. I shot him a confused look and he smirked.
 
"Go ahead..... and eat your bland food instead," He stopped as soon as he reached the end, his back slightly touching the door. He slowly held his hand up and i gasped.
 
The dusbin.
 
"DON'T... YOU..... DARE,"
 
"Try me,"
 
"Ugh, fine fine fine! You win, just give me the food," He burst into fits of laughter before letting me eat in peace.
__
 
That night, as i lay in bed, i thought about how the day went by. I woke up to a stranger, whom i have grown attached with in less than 24 hours. I glanced over at tao who's sleeping soundly on the sofa and whispered a soft yet delicate,
 
"Thank you.... oppa."
 
______________________________
 
[A/N] Annyeong my loves! How was it? This chapter definitely wasn't my best, but i hope you guys enjoyed it nontheless. I had school and i've been busy, but you can expect me to update once every two days =D 
Oh yes, just want to share with y'all. I have finally learnt how to read and write in korean. Yay me! Alright it's late now, and i don't want to take much of your time, so let me just take a moment to thank all of you who made the comment box come alive! (Thank you from the bottom of my heart). I love you guys, subscribe and comment ^.^