Chapter 2

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend!

You opened your eyes to the ray of sunshine that crept in from your window. Feeling hot breaths beside your ear, you realise that you both had fallen asleep together last night. You turned slightly to make yourself more comfrotable. You were in full view of his face. A picture of total perfection. You ran your fingers down his nose and stopped just above his lips. That lips. You can almost hear the voices in your head.

"Do it! Its your chance! Besides, what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

 Just as you were leaning in, "Are you crazy?! If he wakes up, you are dead meat!"

You sighed in fustration. In the end, you just gave him a little peck on the cheek. Quickly but gently, you slipped away from him. You took a long bath, hoping that it'll help to sort out your feelings. You filled the tub with warm water and savour the effect it left on your body. You let your mind wander off as you relax. When was it that you started feeling this way? You weren't sure how it happened. Or when it started. Was it when you were 6? When he made you a paper rose and said he will marry you in the future. Or was it when you were 13? When a few guys in your class teased you about being a nerd and he came over and stood up for you. You couldn't remember. All you were sure of is that right now, you were falling hard for him. How would he react if he ever found out?

Ugh. I'm a mess.

Fustrated with yourself, you quickly finished up. Distracting yourself from your own thoughts, you decided to make breakfast. It was simple. Just french toasts and half boil eggs, his favourite. Satisfied, you rewarded yourself with orange juice. You were leaning over the kitchen counter when you felt eyes on you. When you turned around, you were greeted by a horrendous sight. Tao was standing right beside the kitchen door,

WEARING YOUR DRESS.

Your hello kitty dress.

You were so shocked, you almost choked on your juice.

 "WHAT THE HELL TAO??" You toppled to the ground, laughing hysterically. You couldn't believe your eyes. He looked so silly that it almost hurts to look at him. He came over to offer a hand but you pulled him to the ground instead, both of you a laughing mess.

"Do I look cute?" 

"Cute? You look ridiculous! Oh god"

You wiped away a tear and playfully pulled the hem of the dress, "Take it of-"

You gasped.

 

"MY BRA!"

 

--

 

"HUANG ZHI TAO!!"

 

Oh god, I think I'll die of a heart attack. 

You playfully punched him in the stomach and he attacked your sides, tickling you to no end. He knew you couldn't stand being tickled but he still did it anyway. Jerk.

"St-stop. Ahhh!" You slapped his arms away but he still wouldn't budge. 

"Im going to- im going to b-bite you"

"Arra! Arra! I'll stop"

You lay on your back, your hair all over the place.

"You camel " You cursed as you blew away a piece of hair that got into your mouth. He just chuckled and ruffled your hair before pulling you up.

"You look like you just got out of bed"

You stuck out your tongue and escaped into the kitchen, "Get your own damn breakfast." 

 

Silence.


You were expecting some rude comeback but you got nothing. You peeked into the living room but he was nowhere in sight. Oh well. You returned to the kitchen to pour yourself another drink. Suddenly, you felt strong arms enveloping you and you jumped slightly. This is the second time today. Goddamn you Huang Zi Tao. Seconds later, you found yourself hoisted into the air. Oh my god. OH MY GOD. He is carrying you bridal style. Oh god.

I could get used to this.

"What are you doing?" You raised an eyebrow, confusion written all over your face. He carried you all the way to the guest room in silence. He puts you down right infront of the door and then whispered in your ear, "Go on, open it".

"Is this another prank? Because if it is, I'll punch you in your eye sockets I swear to-" Tao rolled his eyes, and opened the door for you instead. He was certain that whatever was in the other room would shut you up completely.

The door opened, revealing a room filled with colourful balloons. You were stunned. What's going on? In the middle of the room, on a table stood the most beautiful cake ever. The corners of the room were filled with ribbons and a huge banner which hung above the table said: Happy Birthday Angel! Below the huge words came a little message: 

 

Dear my angel,  They say that as long as there is one person loving you, life isn't a waste. So if you lose hope and thought that life is not worth living, just remember... Im here. My biggest reward is to see you smile and to know you are happy. I know life is sometimes cruel, but that's why I'm here. To show you that life can be good when somebody cares. 


You looked up at him, your eyes bright with tears.You didn't even realise it was your birthday. How pathetic. He smiled warmly at you and you noticed he already had a pink party hat on. Of course. He wiped your tears away with his thumb.

"Babo, why are you crying?"

"Because you remembered my birthday"

"How could I ever forget?"

At that point of time, you swear you wanted to kiss him. You wanted to tell him you love him. But you didn't. Instead, you bit your lips and said, "You're the best"

"I already know that"

You giggled and slapped his arm. Typical Huang Zi Tao.

 

--

 

"Today is the best day ever!" You threw your hands in the air and ran around the beach without any care in the world. You turned around and saw Tao at a distance, walking towards you with both your sandles in his hands. Sweet. You walked a little further and sat down. You sighed contently and smiled to yourself. All the things you and him did today... you wouldn't trade it for anything. Tao finally caught up to you and settled down right next to you. "Did you have fun?" Tao asked.

"No," I said flatly.

His face fell in a matter of seconds and you burst into fits of laughter. You pushed his face away, and ran. You knew he already started chasing you from behind and you ran as fast as you possibly could. But what the hell? He caught you in less than ten seconds. You struggled in his arms and tried to break free.

Bad idea. 

As soon as you got away, you tripped and fell, bringing him down as well. He landed right on top of you..

"Get off me, fatty"

"No, I'm comfortable like this"

"Know what it feels like having a pig sit on top of you?"

He laughed and got up but then his cellphone fell from his pocket, did a ninja backflip and landed right into the water.

Oh oh.

Both of you stared at the cellphone which has now disappeared into the water.

You hurriedly put your hands in the water to search for it. When you finally found it, it was already soaking wet. You looked up to Tao who was watching you with an amused expression.

"What?" You asked innocently. He shook his head and helped you up. "I'll get a new one," He smiled reassuringly. You raised an eyebrow. He nodded and placed his arms around you as the both of you head home after an exhausting yet fulfilling day.