Band Practice

The Adventures Of A Daydreamer

Mr Shim's History lesson seemed to be dragging on forever.Whether it was because l couldn't wait to go and see Chanyeol oppa and Exo practice or it generally was dragging, l do not know.All l know is l kept glancing at the clock that hung in front of the classroom wall and time seemed to have frozen.

After what seemed like forever, the bell finally rang indicating the end of the lesson and school day.

"Remember your essays are due in tomorrow morning first thing on my desk.No excuses!"Mr Shim warned about the essays as people dashed out of the classroom.It would be real luck if anybody was actually listening to him.

"Yah!Hurry up, we really don't wanna be late"l whined as Minji took her time packing up and walking slower than a tortoise as if it were even possible.

"Speak for yourself " "Yah!"l dragged Minji with me as she had continued to walk slowly.

We arrived at the front and the guys were there already waiting.

"Oh, there you are guys, thought you were gonna ditch us " Baekhyun smiled.*Ditch you, really!!Then l would be mentally unstable and in dire need of a psychiatrist*.

"Everyone here?Okay then let's go"Suho led the way as the rest of us followed.On the way we just randomly talked and laughed.The boys were really dorky and even Minji had managed to laugh at their dorkiness.They would be doing impersonations of different people even amongst each other, they also made feeble jokes but it was all good fun.Having seen these boys walk in the hallways of Jukjeong, you would have never guessed they could be like this as well.

After passing a couple of blocks or two, we had to cross the road which turned out to be quite hard as there was a lot of traffic on the one way road.Chanyeol oppa had suggested everyone hold hands while we cross like a bunch of pre-scholars which l'm not even sure they still do in this day and age let alone a bunch of teenage boys and girls.*I can never understand that boy of mine*

At long last we had managed to convince Chanyeol oppa how it really wasn't the best of solutions."That's bloody ridiculous,Yeollie" Baekhyun had put it as and although he had argued,Chanyeol oppa finally gave in with a sad pout.He had been so cute like a giant baby with his round cheeks slightly puffed out.I could just have gone and pinched his cheeks when he suddenly spoke for us to cross as the driver from the passing car had been kind enough to stop so we could cross.That very deep low voice and that cute baby face, l would have never thought them two would mix until l met him.As weird as it was, it worked well on him.

"This is our home!"Suho said as he opened the door to their practice room.It wasn't exactly the cleanest with empty juice bottles and crisps lying all over but it wasn't that bad either.Minji's face wrinkled at the sight.Yep, she was kinda OCD like that.

"Sorry, D.O was supposed to clean up"Baekhyun sheepishly grinned as he saw Minji's upside down face."Hey!I did that last time as well, why has it got to be me all the time.I'm sure it's Sehun's turn"

"Hey that's not fair, just because l'm the maknae doesn't mean l've got to do everything.I bet it's Suho hyung's turn"Sehun lisped.It was so cute how he wanted to shout but the way his words came out was just too funny that he stopped when everyone snickered.Soon they were all arguing as to who had to clean up before Minji just started cleaning without any word.Even when she came to my house and my room would be a mess, she would clean up first before we actually hung out and this was no exception.The boys felt bad when they saw her clean up and so everyone just helped, turns out it was easier than it seemed.

"See, this is all you couldn't do.Tsk tsk tsk, l pity your future wives"Minji spoke as the guys settled behind the instruments and sheepishly grinned.Chanyeol was behind the drums, Baekhyun was with the piano,D.O was setting up the microphone with the guitar across him and Kai was fixing the cords of his bass. Sehun was casually strumming his guitar and Suho was polishing his shining saxophone.

I took Minji's hand and dragged her towards the empty couch in the corner.Chanyeol oppa knocking out some sensible beat first and Sehun meandering aimlessly at some tune.Baekhyun's long fingers wondered carelessly at the piano suprisingly producing a wonderful melody.Kai was bent over his bass strumming out some chords as well as Sehun.Suho's saxophone joined in with a ver high note energizing the place.The atmosphere became charged as they all focused and D.O hummed before his vocals echoed in the room.I seriously couldn't figure out how they all were playing randomly like that without any sheets but at the same time producing very good music.

Chanyeol oppa upped the tempo and hit the drums more gently adding more beats and rolls.His lips were pressed in a firm thin line showing just how much he was concetrating.I had never seen him concetrating that much even in school.His curly hair bobbed up and down as his eyes sparkled with glee.He was having fun and so were the rest of the guys.The goofiness was gone now and replaced by seriousness that l had never seen from them before.

I sat there completely transfixed by what they were doing.Somehow they were all communicating with each other but even so how did they know what to do next?Sehun's guitar broke into an incredible run of chords, his fingers everywhere slashing down and harder on the guitar.They played and sang like they were about to explode.It was perfection on another level.It was time for Chanyeol oppa's drums and he bit his lower lip as he smiled bobbing his head again to the beat.His arms were moving so quickly it was almost a blur.He immediately picked up on it and l could hear them nearing the end.

They soon stopped in a fashionable manner.Minji and l broke into a round of applause. standing up"Fantastic!"Minji's posh voice echoed in the room as the boys grinned and high-fived each other.

"That was really good guys"l managed to say."Wow!A standing ovation, boys we going pro"Kai boastfully said as 'yeah baby's were heard in response.

"Although l would think you'd be better best with us as an addition. to the band"l randomly added as all heads turned to me.Minji's eyes were wide open as she stared at me.Why l had said that, l will never know.Maybe l just wanted to start a conversation,or perhaps lower their cocky spirits down or possibly my 'randomness sickness' had struck again, who knows.

"Uuuuh, challenging us are you?"Kai raised a brow smirking.

"Maybe, that's if you can keep up" *Oh oh*Minji smirked back as her stubborn self had returned.Her eyes that were wide open just a inute again were back to their narrow piercing selves.

"Bring it on baby!Woo hoo"Baekhyun cheered as everyone looked at him and he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck pretending to cough.

"Fine then, let's see what you got"they stepped aside and Minji dragged me along.What was she doing, l had said it as a joke or something just randomly and now she wanted us to sing or play.Problem is we couldn't play or sing to save our poor sorry selves.*Me and my big random mouth, always sprouting nonsense.Look where it got me.What to do now???*