Just A Daydream

The Adventures Of A Daydreamer

"So you had fun today?"he asked.

"Uh, loads of fun.It's been forever since l've been to a carnival.My family say they're too old and Minji is acrophobic so yeah, l had noone else to go with.Thank you oppa,really"l sincerely smiled.

"It's nice to know l did good job, l had fun as well and it's all thanks to you."he squezzed my hand as l looked at him.We locked eyes and for a bit, l could have sworn there was a 'moment' there but then again maybe it was me who had it all wrong.

My heart wasn't helping at all.It hammered against my rib cage and it felt like anytime it would burst out and him looking at me like that wasn't helping at all.It was only making at worse, yet l couldn't look away.But at last l did for some unknown reason.*Stupid eyes, why you divert your gaze*

We walked along the way as Chanyeol oppa pointed out different stars with their names and all.It indeed was a beautiful night.While walking along l began thinking of what it would be like to spend every moment like this.

For him to take me out on a date every now and then.

For him to walk me home underneath the nightsky after the very heartwarming date.

Having him smile at me like that and only me.

Having his big warm hand envelope mine taking away all the doubt and worry.

It all indeed seemed perfect, just the kind of thing l would ever want.But then again this had been a once-in-a-time-opportunity.I couldn't have this all the time.

At this point at time, Minji's words rung  in my head,'Darling, you have got to confess at one point or the other.If you don't you will regret it the moment you see him walking down the hallways with another girl.Surely yo wouldn't want that,would you?'

I hadn't realised he was talking to me as l had been so caught up in my own thoughts.

"Hello.Soojin!" he called as he waved his hand in my face to get my attention.I blinked rapidly before coming back to my senses.

"We're already here and yet you hadn't realised.Alm l really that boring that you would rather daydream when l'm talking?"he teased.

"Aniyo oppa,you're not boring at all.I just spaced out that is."l explained.

"You seem to do that a lot, everything okay?"he said as he looked deeply at me.I was debating then.

Should l just confess or should l not.

Just tell him, what have you got to lose?

He might not want to be friends with me anymore.

So you'd rather be a die a cat-lady then?

I shook my head at the thought and accidently blurted out,"I like you" There was a pause of silence before l realised what l had just said.

"What did you say"Chanyeol oppa slowly asked.

I thought l had two choices.Either just get on with it and face the consequences or deny and say something else.But of course l was fooling myself,he had heard what l had said, that l liked him.

"I said  like y-ou.I stammered.*Better just get on with it,right?*

"You l-like me"he questioned with a look l couldn't tell what it meant.

I knew this was a bad idea,now l'm going to be the talk of the school for embarassing myself like this.*Oh dear, Go Soojin, you really are helpless aren't you?*l thought as l looked at Chanyeol oppa who still wore that blank expression on his good-forsaken handsome face.

Fumbling with the bracelet on my wrist l just let it out,"I like you, a lot.I have for a very long time and never thought of confessing because it just seemed so unrealistic and still seems so.Even tonight l wasn't planning on it, l just accidentally blurted it out while daydreaming and its perfectly fine if you don't like me that way as well.I just didn't say anything becasue l didn't want to stop being friends with  you in any case you rejected me and so..."l continued blabbering on before his soft chuckle stopped me.*Dang it, l was at it again* 

He stepped closer and closer to me as he interlocked our fingers and smiled,"You know something-" he paused,"I like you too,a lot."For a moment there l thought l were dead.Everything was silent except the continous hammering of my heartbeat against my ribcage.Had l heard correctly, he liked me too, a lot?

"Eh?"l blinked

"I have liked you too for a really long time but l guess was just too much of a coward to confess in case you rejected me.And so when you agreed me to tutor you and we got closer l was really happy.Thank you."he softly said as he leaned towards me.I gulped trying to get back to my senses.

Slowly he placed his hand on the back of my neck and drew me closer such that our nose were touching.Eyes closed and lips parted he he kissed me slowly,sweetly and smoothly.I blinked a few times before getting it together and kissing him back.It was magical,butterflies in my stomach were at war.

Just as l had always imagined his lips were soft and sweet.He deepened the kiss as....

~~~~~

BANG!!!

There was a loud bang on the desk which was startling as it caused me to fall from my chair on my bum.

"Owwiiiieeee"l winced form the pain before l realised what really was happening. Mr Hwang was standing besides my desk, eyebrows furrowed together, both his hands were placed on the desk*Eh,what's happening*l thought as l looked around.

Suprisingly l was in my Statistics class and the whole class was roaring in a fist of laughter.*Why are they all laughing and besides,what am l doing here?l thought l was....*

And then it hit me, it was still the same Wednesday afternoon and l was in Statistics with Mr Hwang.My answer sheet lay on my desk with the same D with a bulging stomach.Things were still the same as they had been.It all made sense now;

I HAD BEEN DAYDREAMING ALL ALONG!!!

I had been thinking out loud, telling it like it is daydreaming and apparently, everyone had heard.*No wonder they were all laughing*

I looked up from where l was still seated, Baekhyun was making kissy kissy faces at Chanyeol who had his hands covering is face.The peak of his ears were red and whether

Kai was singing,"Yeollie and Jinnie seating in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g..."

On Mr Hwang's face was an expression l had never seen before.It was like he wanted to laugh at the same time he wore a poker face to suppress his laughter.I noticed he was just holding his laughter in as a senior teacher or maybe he just thought l was too pitiful to be laughed at by him.

Minji on the other hand...was laughing as well.That hurt.*How could she laugh at me, me Go Soojin, her one and only best friend*.I was more than hurt.But how could she not, after all that happened.I probably would have done the same if l had been in her shoes, but at that particular moment l allowed myself to believe l would not and deep down l knew it was just because l didn't want my best friend laughing at me.

And then there was the one person l was dreading to look at.Park Chanyeol.*What would he say?Would he eve bother to look at me or he would just see me as some y being?*

Hesitantly l looked up at him.Baekhyun hung his arm around his shoulders and was making kissy kissy faces at him.Him on the other hand had his hands covering his face.The top of his ears were red and whether it was because he was just too angry or becase l hand embarassed him way too much,l did not know and l clearly wasn't willing to find out.

It had been too good to be true, l should have known better.I was embarassed, more than the word embarassed itself.

I wanted to be a tortoise so l could crawl back in my shell, but unfortunately l wasn't.

I wanted to be a bird, to just fly away and hide behind the clouds bt l clearly knew better than that.

I wanted to be invisible, for the grounds to open up and just swallow me down, but then again it was impossible.

I sat there frozen on the spot.All my pride and dignity was gone.Not that l had a lot of it to protect but that which made me at least respectable enough for people to see me as a being.I couldn't stay seated any longer.With that l stood up and hurried out of the class headed home.I had been embarassed enough, not for one day, but for the rest of my life.

What had started off as just taking my mind off the stress of Statistics had turned out to be a nigtmare.But then again it was my fault for believing dreamland was a far better off place than any where.


Hello everyone,

It's been long right?Forgive me for not updating earlier.I will hopefully update more now that school is finished.Enjoy ^^

#kpopian#