Chapter 5

The Adventures Of A Daydreamer

After seeing his back vanish in the night sky, l went inside feeling more gigidy than ever.

"I'm home"l called out as l slipped my feet in the slippers that lay on the doorstep.

"In here sweetness!You came a bit late today, everything okay?"she asked as soon as l entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, l did tell you yesterday though that l would be having tutoring lessons, didn't l?"l said as l opened the fridge to get a glass of juice.

"No you didn't.Must have forgot.Who's tutoring you though"

"Chanyeol oppa"l grinned.

"Uuuh, Chanyeol the hottie"my mother greasily winked.

"Ewww mother.."

"What!You always say he's hot, why can't l?" mother said.Pardon me if l'm wrong but my fourty-something years old mother saying 'hottie' to an eighteeen year old boy, it doesn't go so well.It's just like my father saying to Minji 'Hott stuff' or 'y' or just something along those lines.Bleurgh, disgusting much!!

"That's because l'm seventeen mother and it makes sense, whereas you just sounded like a e there."l said before l left the kitchen.

"Hey!I might be in my forties but l'm still young at heart."she shouted.*Seriously mother, seriously.*

I went into father's study to say 'hello' but as usual he was busy and did not bother looking up and so l just went upsatirs passing by my brother's room, and as usual, only heaven knows where he was.I proceded to my room and changed into some comfortable sweater and joggers, hair up in a bun.Remembering the conservations l had had with Chanyeol oppa made me blush way too much.I just had to call Minji,and so l did.

"Right about time you called me, or are you deserting me already for that boy of yours?I should have known this would happen..."

"Oy,calm down will yah!Noone is stealing anyone from anyone, although l wouldn't mind if he stole me from you"

"Yeah thanks for that, so much for being a sister"she grumbled.

"Hahaha, anyways so guess what happened today?"l asked her .

"No, what"she asked.She always did that."You are supposed to guess, that's the whole point you jelly bean."l scolded.

"Um, Chanyeol oppa asked you out?"she had said.

"Aish you!Couldn't you come up with something more realistic?Anywho so he walked me home and on the way we were all talking and him telling me about his friends and stuff, it was gorgeous,l'll have you know.And he called me 'cute', can you imagine!!"l was literally screaming on the phone.

"What exactly did he mean by cute?Could have been-ugly-but-acceptable kind of cute, you never know"

"Way to put down my spirits and besides that is your own definition, he probably doesn't know that one."

"Yah, Soojin-ah, if you really like him that much,just confess already!It's been forever since you liked him and fantasising about him won't do you any good.Besides, we won't want to take care of your single self for the rest of our lives will we?"Minji said.

"Yeeeaaaah,says you who've got five husbands that will take care of you for the rest of your life"l had said to her.Note the sarcasm by the way

"Hey, that's not nice.I'm just trying to help you anyway

"No thank you very much, imagine my embarassment when he rejects me and maybe he won't even want to talk to me by then.I'd rather stick to daydreaming like that and whatever happens happens."

"You hopeless being, what to we do with you?"Minji asked.I really did get her point and for sure l had thought of confessing a few times but never got around to it.Why, you ask?It's because he's got a massive fangirl base and believe me, when l say a massive and l'm just one of them.Many do confess and he politely rejects them, what would honestly make me Go Soojin an exception?Nawt, so that is why l would rather just look at him from afar like l been doing for the past two years.

"All you can do is listen to me and my fantasies, right?" she chuckled as l responded.For the rest of the night we talked about random things but most of them always rounded up to my fangirling.I was thankful for Minji, l mean yes she did complain sometimes but most of the times she would just sit and listen, comment when there's need and do her best on advice.

"Hey, sweetness, time for dinner"my mother's voice interrupted me from downstairs as she called me.*Just when our conversation was getting more and more interesting she just had to calll me down,just great!*But then again, l could never delay when it came to food so with that l bid goodnight to Minji and hung up before going down.