Secret Best Friends With Oppa

The Adventures Of A Daydreamer

"Ok seriously, l have no idea how you manage to do this every time.My brain is frozen enough as it is.Whosoever invented this should have been banished from the face of this earth."l complained as Chanyeol let out a small chuckle,"It's not really hard,you just need practice and a  positive mind.That's all."he said.

"Yeah but that's gonna take me like forever when we have our exams coming up.Not all of us are geniuses like you, l'll have you know."

"But then you're better than me in History,Literature and all so you are quite the genius as well.If you can stand those massively long essays then surely you can stand just a few equations."

"Well in essays l lie my way through.Mr Shim says as long as you can support your theory,there's no wrong answer whereas with this you've got to remember the exact formulae or you're screwed which is like my worst nightmare"

"Some of them you just got to use your common sense though"

"That's the problem!I haven't got the common sense"l pouted as l packed up my books.He laughed at me only making me even feel stupidier than l already was.

"You're just too cute"he said.I couldn't believe it.Park Chanyeol had just said l was cute,me Go Soojin cute!!!But then again, cute could mean a lot of things.Maybe it wasn't the pretty-fun-to -be-around-cute but the ugly-but-acceptable kind of cute.*No, Soojin-ah, must think positively like he said*

"What are you waiting for,come on let's go"he said already at the door.

"Coming"l slung my backpack on my back headed for the door.We were walking out of the school gates and there were no students left.Loitering around were just the janitors finishing up the cleaning and security already locking gates.There was a silence between us which was neither comfortable nor uncomfortable-strange huh?

"Didn't realise it was this late already.Must have lost track of time"he started.

"Yeah and it's all my fault.Hope you didn't have anything you needed to do urgently."

"Nah,don't worry about it.Twas just meeting with the guys, nothing important"he shrugged it off but l couldn't help but feel guilty.He was missing out hanging out with his friends so he could tutor some thich cow like me who wasn't getting anywhere by the way.He must have noticed as he then surprised me with  his response next.

"It's not your fault.I would rather be here  with you anyway not that l don't like hanging out with them, so don't stress about it,kay?"he asked as l nodded.*He would rather be with me even when l don't get whatever he's teaching me.Huh,l'm on cloud nine*

We walked home talking about different thing.He told me about how close he was with his friends and how they got to form their band,Exo.How he plays bass,guitar and he drums.*How can a person be that good in everything*He is so passionate about  about music l had discovered.In return, l had told him about my hobbies and Minji, not that there was much to say anyway.Yep,l'm kind stuck up like that.

"Hey,isn't your home that way?"l asked as we walked past his junction.

"It is but l'm walking you home.I can't let a lady walk alone in the dark,can l?"he had responded.It had just been a simple answer but because it had come from him,it felt like he had asked for my hand in marriage.I had jus cleared my throat several times awkwardly to prevent my inner fangirl to come out.We continued talking until we reached my house when l had turned to face him and thank him.

"Um, thank you very much for the tutoring and walking me home Chanyeol-ssi"l added the honorifics since it just sounded so wrong at that time to just call him,Chanyeol.

"No big deal and just drop the honorifics,they make me sound so old"he chuckled.

"But then you are older than me?"

"But not old enough to be called ssi, besides, we are friends right?And as far as l'm concerned, friends don't use such honorifics.Instead it should be oppa."he grinned showing his perfect pearly whites.*He was telling me we are friends asking me to call him oppa,could life get any better?*I was way too stunned to speak.

"We are friends right,Soojin-ah"he confirmed witha tilt of his head to the side.

"Yeah,we are very good friends, best friends actually if not.."l blurted out way too much detail.

"Best friends you say, l don't think Minji would be too happy to hear that but then again we can be secret best friends.What do you say about?"he stretched out his hand again.*Man l been shaking his hand a lot often,not complaining by the way*

"Yeah, secret best friends with Chanyeol oppa"l shook his hand with a mild grin stretching from ear to ear.

"Well then goodnight,Soojin-ah"he waved.

"Goodnight to you too, Chanyeol oppa"l blushed under the night sky.*My secret best friend Chanyeol oppa*