Chapter 9

YeTeuk - It had to be you

I followed Siwon to the café I had just left. We sat somewhere and I sighed, feeling his eyes staring at me.

 

“Is the Lord angry?” I asked.

 

“He isn’t, but He is sad that you have forgotten the reason why you’re here, Jungsu. You are not here to sleep with human beings!”

 

I blushed softly, remembering that night, but shook my head.

 

“I know why I’m here. I have to convince him to follow me to Heaven to keep my powers as an angel.”

 

“Your human still doesn’t even know about who you are.”

 

“I… I’m waiting for the right moment. I just don’t know how to tell him. A hundred years ago, everybody believed in the Lord, it was easier.”

 

“This is not the true reason and you know it. Tell him who you are tonight, or we’ll bring you back to His side forcibly and you’ll be condemned not to have powers for a hundred years. Plus, you know He let me decide of which humans will die each year. I could include him to the list if I feel like it.”

 

I looked away, trying to escape his serious eyes as he whispered nine last words.

 

“You are His ‘special’ angel. Do not disappoint Him.”

 

And he disappeared. Nobody seemed to have noticed he suddenly wasn’t here anymore. I got up and went back home, arriving almost at the same time as Yesung, Elena and the little sisters. I grabbed Yesung’s hand and looked at him in the eyes when he turned in my direction.

 

“Yesung… I have to tell you something.”

 

He had seen the look in my eyes because he didn’t protest and he let me bring him to the room. I closed the door softly and sighed. He hugged me softly before kissing me.

 

“What did you want to tell me?”

 

I softly broke free from the hug and took two steps backwards before taking off my shirt and turning, showing him my back. Showing him my wings. In the mirror, I could see him frown as he walked in my direction. I closed my eyes when his small hand touched my feathers, and I bit my lip not to let out a moan. It felt so good…

 

“What… are these?” he asked, though the answer was obvious.

 

“Wings.”

 

“Why? Why do you have them?”

 

“I… I’m an angel. I’m an angel, Yesung, and the reason why I’m on Earth is because every hundred years, angels have to bring a human to Heaven to keep their powers.”

 

He understood immediately and moved back, his eyes filling with sadness.

 

“No… no…”

 

I bit my lip, put my shirt back on and turned to face him, a sad, very sad smile on my lips.

 

“I’m sorry, Ye. I’m very sorry. The Lord’s man told me that if I didn’t tell you tonight about my true nature, you maybe would be on the list for this year’s deaths. I don’t want you to get hurt or to die. And I don’t want to play that game anymore. So, just live your life, and I’ll be powerless for a hundred years, okay?”

 

I left the room without waiting for him to say anything, and left the house quickly before anyone could stop me. I was about to leave the courtyard when a car stopped in front of the apartment and a tall man got out of it. I frowned. This guy was not human. I just knew it. He walked to me, smiled.

 

“Poor little angel. Your lover doesn’t like you anymore, am I right? He’s afraid of you because you didn’t tell him.”

 

I walked back.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun. A demon.”

 

Demon. Cho Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun. Kyu. ‘Kyu oppa’. ‘Thanks a lot, Kyu!’. ‘I think unnie Ama is soon going to have a boyfriend!’. My eyes became round and big.

 

“You are that girl’s…”

 

“Future boyfriend, yes. I came to visit her again because she forgot her cellphone in my car.”

 

“If she knew about your…”

 

“Oh, she already knows about me being a demon. But she accepts me like this. Demons are not as bad as you think they are. And angels surely are not as good as humans think they are.”

 

“Are you going to steal her soul?”

 

He seemed offended and growled, his eyes glowing red for a moment.

 

“Of course not! I love her, not for her soul, not for what she could do for me, but for what she is. I. Am. Not. You.”

 

So he knew. He already knew. How did he know? Oh, stupid me. Of course he would know. All demons were angels who decided to leave the Lord. So he once had to do this too. Of course he would know about it.

 

He walked in my direction, went passed me, whispered in my ear:

 

“Is He more important than the one you love?”

 

And he knocked on the door. Someone made him enter, and I could hear the girls being happy to see him. I thought about what he had just said. ‘Is He more important than the one you love?’ I wanted to say ‘yes’. I wanted to answer ‘yes’ to this question, because I was an angel, because my Lord had created me, had given me everything I had. But my heart wouldn’t let me answer ‘yes’.

 

I ran away when I heard the door open. I had to run away. To think about all of this, and to discover what I really wanted to do.