Chapter 13

YeTeuk - It had to be you

“B… become a demon? But…”

 

“That’s the only way if you want to stay with him forever. Demons are immortal, just like us. Of course, if he becomes a demon and you still love him, the Lord won’t be happy and he’ll turn you into a demon too. That’s why I said that both of you will be demons.”

 

“But…”

 

“I personally chose to leave the one I loved so he could live a normal life. I’ll simply get my powers in 95 years. But I chose that because I didn’t want him to become a demon…”

 

“How can… how a human being become a demon? I knew angels could become demons by not obeying the Lord, but human beings?”

 

“A soul stained by the worst crime will become a demon.”

 

It took me two whole minutes, but when I finally understood, my eyes became wide in horror.

 

“No… don’t tell me…”

 

“Yes.”

 

His eyes were filled with pure sadness.

 

“A human being will become a demon if he kills another human being on purpose, outside war and if his life wasn’t threatened by this other human. I’m sure you don’t want your human to do that.”

 

“There must be another way…”

 

“Not for human beings. Plus, if he becomes a demon, he won’t become like the demons that once were angels. I guess you know one of them, right?”

 

“Yes”, I growled, remembering Ama’s boyfriend.

 

“He’s still perfectly sane, and he actually became more human than demon, but with powers and immortality. But humans transformed into demons are half-mad, dangerous and hunted by angels. Angels who became demons are hated and despised, but they’re not hunted because most of them won’t kill humans. They will simply wait until they’re dead before eating their soul. Humans who became demons will kill to get the souls, and when they ate enough, they will finally get their sanity back.”

 

“What is ‘enough’?”

 

“Over 1000.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yes, ‘oh’. Don’t let your human become like that if you love him…”

 

I nodded softly. So, basically, either I lived with him until he died - while I was still alive because I was an angel - or I made him become completely insane and crazy, and let him kill over 1000 humans so we could be together forever. The choice was pretty simple, but…

 

“But I will never age. And he will.”

 

“I know. Which is why angels shall not fall in love with humans.”

 

He seemed so, so sad. I put my hand on his, looked at his beautiful big, sad eyes.

 

“There’s something you’re not telling me.”

 

“Two things…”

 

“Do you wish to tell me?”

 

“You know… that demon you know. What’s his name?”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

He smiled, but his smile was full of pain.

 

“113 years ago, he was an angel. And my lover.”

 

I opened wide, round eyes. I knew that guy had been an angel once, but… he had been Mi’s lover?

 

“Why… why is he a demon now?”

 

“He refused to obey the Lord, so He turned him into a demon. Not like he cared, really.”

 

“And the other thing?”

 

“Angels shall never fall in love with humans. But there’s this little human girl… she’s adorable, always so happy, and so cute!...”

 

“You fell in love with her”, I guessed.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Does she love you too?”

 

“Yes, and that’s the problem! I know too well that humans and angels can’t be together, but I… I… I fell for her, and I let her fall for me…”

 

“Who is she?”

 

“I… I think you know her. She’s the sister of Kyu’s girlfriend. Elena.”

 

“Oh! Elena! So you’re the one she…”

 

He didn’t reply, but I could feel that this was getting SO complicated… and I wasn’t sure if we could do anything about it.