Chapter 12

YeTeuk - It had to be you

I knew Yesung was still with me before even opening my eyes. I also knew someone else was with us before opening them. And I knew who was with us because she was the only one who would do that.

 

“Kai… what are you here for?” I asked as I opened my eyes.

 

She smiled, happy that I knew she was the one disturbing us in our sleep. At least the blankets were covering all embarrassing parts.

 

“Did you know?”

 

“Hmm? Did I know what?”

 

“Unnie ‘Na will soon have a boyfriend! And Mom is coming back soon from the USA!”

 

“Really? That’s cool!”

 

“Yup! She called this morning! Oh and unnie ‘Na already left for work, and we ate everything she prepared, so you’ll have to cook some for yourself.”

 

She jumped down the bed and left the room, closing the door behind her. I heard Yesung sigh in relief and laughed softly.

 

“You were awake?”

 

“I’m awake since she entered the room. I’m not really good with kids in the morning so I waited for you to wake up.”

 

He growled softly and I hugged him, feeling his abs under my fingers. He snuggled in my arms and I kissed him on the lips.

 

“At least we were covered.”

 

“Yeah…”

 

I took a look at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 7 in the morning. I frowned.

 

“Didn’t you have work today?”

 

“Is it more important than the one I love?”

 

I frowned again.

 

“Who told you that?”

 

“Ama’s boyfriend.”

 

I sighed. I should’ve guessed so. That demon… I shrugged. I would have time to think about that later. For now…

 

“Seriously, you should go to work. I don’t want you to lose your job because of me.”

 

“I won’t lose it. Today was basically a day to compose and write new songs. I can do that at home. And Noo ‘Na will explain them.”

 

“Is that why she’s always with you? To cover up for you?”

 

“Yep.”

 

I smiled. That was the reason why he didn’t like his bosses was because he liked slacking off, right?

 

We got up after a while and some bed activity, and we got dressed before leaving the room. As usual, Ama was glued to her laptop and her little sisters were not there. Maybe they went out already.

 

She didn’t even look at us when we left the room, but her sarcastic voice resounded.

 

“Soundproof, yeah, but when it’s perfectly silent everywhere else, it’s not very effective.”

 

I blushed as Yesung punched her shoulder softly. She growled but didn’t say anything. She couldn’t. After all, they were squatting his apartment, her and her sisters, so she had to be nice with him, or at least nicer than with other people.

 

I kissed Yesung softly and started preparing breakfast. The sound of us kissing made her sigh and she closed her laptop before getting up.

 

“I’m going to Kyu’s house.”

 

She left, leaving both of us alone. We ate breakfast before Yesung sighed.

 

“I do have to work, don’t I?”

 

I smiled and kissed him softly.

 

“Yes. But don’t worry, I know how to keep myself busy. I heard there’s an angel not far from here who had the same problem as me a few years ago. I’ll go and visit him.”

 

He nodded and started writing lyrics for a new song. I got prepared and left after kissing him goodbye, telling him I would be back before the night would fall.

 

I knew where to find that angel. All angels could find other angels. I followed that sixth sense I had, and I was surprised when it brought me in front of the building where Yesung and Elena usually worked. I entered, told the people at the entrance who I was here for, told them my name, and they asked me to wait while they would ask if that person was busy or not. Finally, after a while, a tall man with red hair and a huge smile approached me.

 

“Su! It’s been a while!”

 

I got up and recognized that smile immediately. He opened his arms and I smiled before hugging him.

 

“Mi! I’m glad you’re okay! I haven’t heard from you for… for…”

 

“Five years, four months, three weeks and two days. Since that time when I couldn’t convince him. But you know, I love the life here. I even became attracted to girls! Can you imagine that?”

 

I shook my head. I couldn’t, because all angels were supposed to be attracted to men. That one of them would turn straight because of his life on Earth, I couldn’t understand that at all.

 

“I can’t, but if you’re happy with this…”

 

“I am. So, what are you here for?”

 

“That problem you had a few years ago. I have the same today.”

 

His smile faded softly and he looked at me with sad eyes.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else.”

 

We went to the café and we ordered something to drink while we were discussing this around a table on the terrace. He sighed softly.

 

“You fell in love with him, is that right?”

 

“Y… yeah.”

 

“There are two ways to do that. Either you stay as a human with him for the next hundred years - or until he dies - and you get your powers in a hundred years after convincing another human being, or both of you have to become demons.”