Chapter 15 - Final

YeTeuk - It had to be you

We met fifteen minutes later, and I was so enthusiastic he looked at me with suspicious eyes.

 

“What kind of crazy idea did you have, Su?”

 

I looked at him in the eyes.

 

“Humans can never become angels, right?”

 

“That’s right.”

 

“But if an angel loses his wings, he’ll become human and he’ll live the exact same number of years as the one who cut his wings.”

 

“That’s also r… wait. Are you serious?”

 

“Of course I am!”

 

“But… but… that would be betraying the Lord!”

 

“Is He more important than the one you love?”

 

I used what that demon had told me, knowing Mi knew him, guessing that demon had also told him the same thing at least once. I was right. He frowned before his eyes got filled with sadness.

 

“I don’t know. No, it’s not that I don’t know. It’s just that… He created us, He was our only parent, He taught us everything we know. And you want to betray him?”

 

I sighed.

 

“Maybe He did all of this, but He did not teach me love like Yesung did.”

 

I smiled softly and patted his hand with mine.

 

“I’m not telling you to do it. But I’ll do it. Because I really love him.”

 

I got up and smiled to him, trying to encourage him.

 

“If you really love her, you’ll live for her and die the day she dies. Being immortal is useless if you can’t spend that eternity with the person you love.”

 

I bowed slightly before leaving him. I knew he needed to think so I just left him alone and went back home. He had given me the confirmation I needed before telling Yesung about my idea. I didn’t know how he would react. I was just hoping he loved me enough to let me sacrifice everything for him.

 

When I came back home, there were suddenly so many people that, for a moment, I feared that I had entered the wrong apartment. But I could see people I knew so I was relieved and walked to join Yesung.

 

“Who are these people?” I asked him, frowning.

 

He smiled.

 

“Kai told us this morning. Their mother is back.”

 

“Already?”

 

“She said ‘soon’. I guess ‘soon’ also includes today.”

 

“And who are the other people?”

 

“I don’t know! They only introduced their mother to me yet.”

 

I waited until everybody calmed down before asking the twins about the identity of those people. They immediately dragged everyone to me and introduced everyone to each other, alternating between both of them.

 

“Mom, this is Leeteuk oppa! Leeteuk oppa, this is our Mom! She’s pretty, isn’t she?” Mara started.

 

“Very pretty. It’s an honor to meet you, lady”, I said before bowing.

 

She smiled and laughed softly.

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay, no need to bow like that!”

 

“Oppa! Here is Dad! Mom finally found him and brought him back! Dad, this is Leeteuk oppa!” Kai introduced us to each other.

 

“Here is uncle Hyuk! But Yesung oppa already knows him right? He dances at ‘Place Jacques-Cartier’ sometimes.”

 

“Too bad uncle Min couldn’t be there.”

 

“He’s with Wookie oppa in Korea.”

 

And suddenly, I noticed Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi were also here. Probably the older daughters wanted to introduce their boyfriend to their parents, though it still wasn’t official between Elena and Mi. I frowned when I saw Zhou Mi’s sad eyes. I didn’t know if he would choose the Lord or his future girlfriend.

 

In the end, everybody finally left to Elena’s other apartment, leaving Yesung and I alone. He sighed, relieved that all these people had finally left his apartment, and he was about to continue working when I softly said:

 

“I know the way for us to be happy together.”

 

He frowned and stopped moving before turning to me, walking in my direction. His eyes found mine and he looked at me seriously.

 

“You do?”

 

“I do.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Wait. Come. Let’s sit.”

 

We sat on the couch and I breathed deeply before explaining.

 

“Human beings can’t become angels. But an angel can become a human being. To become human, he must lose his wings. He’ll live until the human who cut his wings dies. Then, the angel who became human will die too.”

 

He frowned. I knew he understood what it meant. He just needed time to determine if I was being serious or not. It took a few minutes before he whispered:

 

“Are you serious? I mean, I know you are, but… are you sure there’s no other way?”

 

I smiled, kissed him softly.

 

“Totally sure.”

 

“But you would have to…”

 

“… sacrifice my wings and my powers, I know. But I want to be with you. I’ll find a job, I’ll live like a human being. And you’ll teach me what I don’t know yet.”

 

I kissed him again, and this time he kissed me back. When we finally broke the kiss, he asked, in a very soft voice:

 

“How do you want to proceed?”

 

I bit my lip, took his hand and brought him to the kitchen. There, I chose the biggest knife he had and sharpened it until we could cut ourselves simply by touching it. And then, I brought him to his room. I knew it would hurt and I didn’t want people to hear me. His room was the most soundproof of all.

 

I removed my shirt and spread my tiny wings as much as possible. I closed my eyes, breathed deeply, gave him the knife.

 

“When you’re ready. Don’t tell me beforehand.”

 

He nodded, though I couldn’t see him because I had closed my eyes, and also breathed deeply before he cut my wings in one, quick move. The pain was so strong; I couldn’t even scream. But there was no blood. No blood, no nothing. My tiny wings were on the floor, and they stayed there for a few seconds before they evaporated, making white feathers fly everywhere in the room. Tears appeared in my eyes, but I smiled through them.

 

I didn’t mind losing my wings if it meant being with the one I loved.

 

************************************

 

“Leeteukie!”

 

I turned and smiled when Yesung jumped in my arms to kiss me passionately.

 

Seven months had passed since I abandoned my wings, and everything was going perfectly well. Choi Siwon had appeared once, only to tell me the Lord was disappointed but proud that I was able to choose my destiny. Zhou Mi had also sacrificed his wings and he was going out with Elena. Both of them were perfectly happy.

 

Ama was still with her demon who told me once that demons could transform humans into demons by eating just a bite of their soul. And the demon that would result of that would be perfectly sane. He had proven it by turning Ama into a demon. She wasn’t much different from before, and her personality was still completely horrible. The only difference was that she now had fangs and she was much scarier when she growled.

 

The girls went back to live to the country with their Mom and Dad. None of them had a boyfriend yet, but they had time for that. After all, they were all pretty young. They had their whole life to find love. I just hoped that they would fall in love with humans. Not like their two older sisters who had both chosen weird creatures to fall in love with.

 

Yesung and I were still perfectly getting along. We were happy, and I didn’t regret my powers one bit. The only things I regretted were my wings. Tiny or not, they had been a part of me for a bit more than five hundred years. At least, the area where they used to be in my back was covered in a large tattoo representing white wings. Zhou Mi had one too. And this area was still as sensitive as when Yesung used to touch my feathers. Sometimes, he would even say that when he touched the tattoo, it was like touching real feathers. I didn’t really believe him on that, but I couldn’t touch that place myself to check if what he was saying was true.

 

I think the funniest thing in all of this is that, once I found a job in the same company as Yesung, my coworkers had fun calling me, from the very beginning, the ‘angel without wings’.

 

When they called me that, I simply smiled, without replying.

 

If only they knew the truth…

 

 

THE END

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this fic as much I as enjoyed writing it =D ^^ Please comment so I can know what you liked the most, it may be useful for my next fics ^^ Oh yeah, by the way, my next fic will be a Vampire!EunHae fic, it'll include some KyuWook, but I still don't know if it'll be a long shot or not ^^' Hope you're looking forward to it anyways =D