Chapter 4

YeTeuk - It had to be you

I sighed. ‘Good luck explaining this to your manager!’ I thought. Especially if she didn’t know about him being into men…

 

“Mr. Kim… this…?”

 

He moved back, sat correctly before sighing.

 

“I’m sorry, Noo ‘Na. I never told you, but I’m into men. That’s why I didn’t mind you living here, I knew we wouldn’t do anything outside our professional relationship.”

 

Tears appeared in her eyes and I couldn’t help but get up, take her iPod on the small table and bring her back to her room. She cried softly and I could only hug her.

“Did you… I mean… did you like him?...” I asked.

 

“What do you think?”

 

I felt stupid for even asking. But she soon pushed me and smiled through her tears.

 

“But hey, I think it was more admiration than love. Anyways, there’s this straight Chinese guy at the company, he’s very handsome and nice too. I’ll try with him!”

 

I nodded, surprised but happy that she was able to be so strong, and I bowed before leaving the room, letting her calm down. I joined Yesung, who looked at me, frowning.

 

“How is she?”

 

“Sad, but she’ll get over you.”

 

He sighed in relief.

 

“I’m glad. I thought I had totally broken her heart.”

 

“You did, but she’s strong. She’ll get over it. You know her more than I do, you should know that.”

 

“I know, but she… she always acts like a big sister with me, or a umma, so I’m not sure I really know her. She takes care of me more than I take care of her, really. She even cooks breakfast for me before going to work.”

 

I smiled and sat next to him.

 

“She’ll be okay. Just continue being nice with her, okay?”

 

“Yes.”

 

A moment passed before he hugged me.

 

“This… this is so weird.”

 

I snuggled in his arms.

 

“What’s weird?”

 

“You. I. Us. The fact that we know together since this morning, and now…”

 

I smiled and kissed his neck, right on the warm and soft skin under his ear. I could feel him shiver, and it made me smile even more.

 

“You started this.”

 

“Because of you only. I wouldn’t have done this with anyone else. I don’t know, it’s just…”

 

“Love.”

 

He froze for a moment, before nodding softly.

 

“Yeah. Love. At first sight, it seems”, he agreed with his husky voice.

 

I took a look at the clock.

 

“Maybe we should go to sleep. We have to visit Montreal tomorrow.”

 

He pouted.

 

“Already? Are we not going to continue what we were doing earlier?”

 

I smiled and got up, breaking free from his hug.

 

“On the first day? Of course not. C’mon, let’s go to sleep. We have a big day waiting for us tomorrow.”

 

I left the room, but before I could enter my room, I felt tiny hands squeezing my , and I jumped, surprised. I looked at Yesung with big eyes as he was smiling, almost laughing at my surprise.

 

“Night”, he said, his eyes full with lust. I stared at him as he disappeared in his own room, and I entered my room once he was gone, closing the door behind me. I threw myself on my bed, staying like that for a few seconds, just relaxing, before taking off my shirt. I looked at my back in the mirror, and smiled when I saw my wings being so tiny. Usually, I had big wings that would allow me to fly. When I was in the human world, they became tiny, just to remind me I was an angel.

 

I frowned. To remind me I was an angel, and to remind me why I was here. I had enjoyed the day too much. I wasn’t here to fall in love with a human being. Plus, he was the one I had chosen to keep my powers. I wasn’t human. I couldn’t allow myself to live like this everyday. I had to concentrate on what I was here for.

 

I went to sleep, doing my best not to crush my wings as they were so tiny and I couldn’t simply put them on the sides. I fell asleep remembering how we had almost done something tonight, and I blushed softly as these memories kept repeating in my dreams.